Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Villa (A) Sunday 5th Dec @ 4.30 - pre match

19 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I’d go for the controversial 0-5-5 formation and instruct Kasper to not touch anything that might go wide if parried. If everyone is up the pitch we are a lot less likely to give away any corners.

Kasper

F*!king no one

Hamza, Wilf, Mendy, Maddison, KDH

Barnes, Vardy, Nacho, Daka, Lookman

Put the bench on the goal line if they will let us, the subs can stand at the side of the pitch. 

I think you've put more thought into solving our defensive problems thsn the entire coaching staff at LCFC!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I’d go for the controversial 0-5-5 formation and instruct Kasper to not touch anything that might go wide if parried. If everyone is up the pitch we are a lot less likely to give away any corners.

Kasper

F*!king no one

Hamza, Wilf, Mendy, Maddison, KDH

Barnes, Vardy, Nacho, Daka, Lookman

Put the bench on the goal line if they will let us, the subs can stand at the side of the pitch. 

You have thought about this a lot but there is a flaw in your thinking.  Mendy is not in the squad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can see KDH for Soumare  and possibly Albrighton for Lookman today.

Vards will be down to how he's feeling energy wise! 

If Madders is fit I can see the tweaks help us edge the win. COYB

Edited by Bluetintedspecs
Dyslexic moment

The only change I think Brendan should make is Soumare for KDH.

Something tells me he might rest Vardy though as we've had 3 games in a week.

If we can get Maddison involved in the final third of the pitch. He'll unlock any defence in current form.

I'm going for a 1-2 away win... but it's more hope than belief. 

30 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Almost certainly the same attacking team. It's what everyone wants, isn't it?

You can have an attacking team but I renders pointless if you play in a negative way and/or don’t use the attacking team to its strengths.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

There were some very noticeable boo's at Southampton when we were passing it around the back as if we were 2-0 up against Chelsea. 

He's one of the worse for it. Never known anyone with such bad footwork & distribution be so keen to play around with silly little passes.

Then, when he does decide to get it up field, he's completely incapable of keeping the ball on the pitch!

. .Kasper like most keepers fancy themselves as outfield players!!!

He is quite good technically and before he changed his style regarding distribution was very accurate in finding his teammates with long very accurate passes!!!

He has altered aspects of his game and it may  have been in order to gel with the players around him.

Previous he would bowl the ball out to the outfieder to start an attack, and I would like to see him to that more. The only problem is we do not look to break on teams as we used to.

Not coming for crosses now but he was very much a keeper that punched the ball when crosses came in.  He could uncannily find a colleague who was standing on the touchline just inside our half, by kicking from hand, he used to have a good understanding with Chilwell. 

The kicking the ball out of play is something that irritates the supporters and sometimes he gets it right but the good ones are far outweighed by the poor ones that he does.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

But i'll the question again.

Why do we do it?

I'm sorry but it doesn't draw the opposition out, i've never heard so much bullshit in my life, opposition couldn't be happier to let us piss about with it ultimately waiting for us to making a mistake.

We all know we stink at it, not to mention it gets us no where and is incredibly dull and boring.

And lastly, you should be looking to get the best out of your players, we're not.

Completely agree mate. I wouldn't trust this bunch to play around at the back if we were winning comfortably.

The fact that we often do it when we are desperate for a goal is beyond me.

I'd love nothing more for us to win today but unfortunately I can't see it.

Might bet my first born child for Mings to score from a set piece.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

. .Kasper like most keepers fancy themselves as outfield players!!!

He is quite good technically and before he changed his style regarding distribution was very accurate in finding his teammates with long very accurate passes!!!

He has altered aspects of his game and it may  have been in order to gel with the players around him.

Previous he would bowl the ball out to the outfieder to start an attack, and I would like to see him to that more. The only problem is we do not look to break on teams as we used to.

Not coming for crosses now but he was very much a keeper that punched the ball when crosses came in.  He could uncannily find a colleague who was standing on the touchline just inside our half, by kicking from hand, he used to have a good understanding with Chilwell. 

The kicking the ball out of play is something that irritates the supporters and sometimes he gets it right but the good ones are far outweighed by the poor ones that he does.

Kasper used to be one of the best for starting our counter attacks. His long throws and long kicks out of his hand were often flawless.

Unfortunately, this starting out from the back is just not for him, nor our defence as a whole. Its dangerous, scary and counter productive.

45 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Almost certainly the same attacking team. It's what everyone wants, isn't it?

No, I don’t want both Lookman and Barnes in the same team, we seem wide open with little defensive help.

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

You can have an attacking team but I renders pointless if you play in a negative way and/or don’t use the attacking team to its strengths.

True, but the players know what's needed and if they are unable to do it , that's down to them. It shows they are being outplayed.

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

I know im confident that this will be easy work tbh even with a poor performance.. villa are shit end of.

If we don't get 3 points from this lot then it's a stackable offence.

Just wondering what you would have Brendan and the lads stack if they lose?

Edited by reynard