Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Villa (A) Sunday 5th Dec @ 4.30 - pre match

6 minutes ago, Ian S said:

No, I don’t want both Lookman and Barnes in the same team, we seem wide open with little defensive help.

Pretty much the same whoever plays these days.

Villa will win. We may score but will concede at least 2 this afternoon. We might have a chance if we don't give them any corners or give away any free kicks in our own half. Even then we'd struggle not to let in any goals.

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

If you offered Schmeichel the chance to bin playing out from the back I think he'd snap your hand off. He doesn't seem to like it and makes his distribution, which used to be good, look a lot worse.

...I  agree with that, the obvious flaw in what they are doing is that they continually pass it around until Kasper has to hurriedly kick as he is being close down!!!

What if that kick by Kasper happens on the third our fourth pass. We all know where the ball is going, why not make the attempted pass when not under pressure!!

11 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Agree with KDH for Soumare 100% but surely Lookman can't start? He was shocking against Southampton. Perez or Albrighton in for me.

Helped set up our first goal? 

He's a technically gifted player. Need to have a bit more patience with him.

Albrighton has barely played any football this season, same as Perez. No chance.

Edited by Haywood_6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

One for the terraces today

Last Christmas, we were top 4

But yet again we threw it away

This year to save us from tears

We're gonna be shit all season

Thought you'd be too busy blowing bubble after yesterday admission? :thumbup: 

After reading some of the posts in this thread, I found a useful contact number that may come in handy later......

Samaritans of Leicester

+44 330 094 5717 (closes at 09.30 pm)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Helped set up our first goal? 

He's a technically gifted player. Need to have a bit more patience with him.

Albrighton has barely played any football this season, same as Perez. No chance.

Unfortunately having 3 players (Barnes, Soumare and Lookman) in midfield who can't defend isn't help us

11 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Agree with KDH for Soumare 100% but surely Lookman can't start? He was shocking against Southampton. Perez or Albrighton in for me.

Agree and Albrighton always likes to put on a performance against his old club. Whilst he is capable, if required, to cover a Maddison type role, the days of expecting Perez to perform a role on the right should be consigned to the dustbin. For Rodgers ever out of choice to pick this option again would just demonstrate his tactical ineptitude and favouritism for a player he misguidedly bought to the club at great cost. You can't keep flogging a dead horse. 

• Like 1

Schmeichel 

Amartey    Evans   Soyuncu 

Castagne                                         Thomas

Ndidi 

KDH

Maddison 

Iheanacho       Daka 

Even with high pressing teams like Chelsea we've still been struggling by attempting to play 2 pivots in centre mid. It doesn't appear to suit our style. 

I would rather we try to stay as much to our true identity as possible I.e attack link up play, whilst essentially having the ability to form as a back 5 with villa's high press. 

For me, BR's comments mid week about our slow starts and leaking goals should give the team a kick up the rear end anyway. 1-2.

27 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

First time at Villa Park today (used to work weekends until lockdown era so apologies for the newbie question). Going on coach with the lad.

What are the chances of us getting crap when we rock up in blue?

You’ll be at the away side of the ground and near their family section. You’ll be fine. Can get a bit tetchy around the Holte End but that’s normally post match trying to get to Aston rail station 

• Thanks 1

Surely if your pressing it helps to know you won't get caught out of position by a defender bringing the ball forward because he's been drilled to let the ball do the work

McGuire was good at taking space in from of him and that opened up teams.

I'd give cags an instruction to look for these opportunities and take a calculated risk 

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You’ll be at the away side of the ground and near their family section. You’ll be fine. Can get a bit tetchy around the Holte End but that’s normally post match trying to get to Aston rail station 

Thanks mate. Appreciate it. Not planning on heading that way, literally just to and from the coach. Will be heading in as soon as turnstiles open.

52 minutes ago, Corky said:

If you offered Schmeichel the chance to bin playing out from the back I think he'd snap your hand off. He doesn't seem to like it and makes his distribution, which used to be good, look a lot worse.

Kasper doesn't have to follower orders , its not the army. He is the captain and he should determine play the way he thinks is best.

3 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Thanks mate. Appreciate it. Not planning on heading that way, literally just to and from the coach. Will be heading in as soon as turnstiles open.

I park a 20 min walk away. Have had a few comments thrown at me but nothing to be worried about. However, as you are on the coach, will be simple and unlikely to meet many others. Enjoy!

9 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I park a 20 min walk away. Have had a few comments thrown at me but nothing to be worried about. However, as you are on the coach, will be simple and unlikely to meet many others. Enjoy!

That was the hope. I can take the jibes and comments (especially if we lose) - but the boy is still a bit young to be dealing with that. 

24 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Agree and Albrighton always likes to put on a performance against his old club. Whilst he is capable, if required, to cover a Maddison type role, the days of expecting Perez to perform a role on the right should be consigned to the dustbin. For Rodgers ever out of choice to pick this option again would just demonstrate his tactical ineptitude and favouritism for a player he misguidedly bought to the club at great cost. You can't keep flogging a dead horse. 

I would say Albrighton has had most of his mainstay career with us....Even if he was born in Brummy-Land.

If a manager selects even favours any particular player...againt differing fans perspective is and stays just that...

90% of this forum over at least 20years haven t been too Good themselves in Spotting a player & what they bring...

If seems the fans Love nothing more than flogging that proverbial dead Horse....

Every manager,every window,every Part of any season...because individual fans favourite is Not preferred....