Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Villa (A) Sunday 5th Dec @ 4.30 - pre match

25 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Kasper doesn't have to follower orders , its not the army. He is the captain and he should determine play the way he thinks is best.

You don't ACTUALLY believe that do you? 

He's the captain of the club BECAUSE Rodgers can trust him to follow orders. 

I mean, sure. Every now and again he could play it long and justify it with he thought there was to much pressure on the defence to play it short and I'm certain it would be fine because of the trust he has from Rodgers but if he or ANY captain was just to completely disregard team instructions from their manager because he thinks he knows better, he wouldn't be on the pitch, much less have a captains armband on. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I mean, sure. Every now and again he could play it long and justify it with he thought there was to much pressure on the defence to play it short and I'm certain it would be fine because of the trust he has from Rodgers but if he or ANY captain was just to completely disregard team instructions from their manager because he thinks he knows better, he wouldn't be on the pitch, much less have a captains armband on. 

Any football match needs thinking outside of the tactical box. You have a broad strategy but you have to improvise when you can see an advantage doing so. Predictability is major weakness in teams. Rodgers job is to prepare them but once the match starts the players take over.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Any football match needs thinking outside of the tactical box. You have a broad strategy but you have to improvise when you can see an advantage doing so. Predictability is major weakness in teams. Rodgers job is to prepare them but once the match starts the players take over.

Like I said, if Kasper sees the odd thing on the pitch, he would be justified in going against the general orders. I,e, if he saw Vardy in space I'm sure it's fine for him to knock it long but in general, he still has to follow orders and instructions from his manager. 

If he was instructed to play it short and ignored that to continuously go long, Rodgers wouldn't be happy. 

Foot in both camps.. 

Marc Albrighton 

Simon Grayson 

Kevin Phillips

Julian joachim 

Dion Dublin

Lee Hendrie

Stefan Moore

Stuart Taylor 

Nolberto Solano

Curtis Davies

Darius Vassell

Emile Heskey

Tom Cleverley 

Nathan Delfouenso 

Martin O'Neill

Brian Little

Craig Shakespeare 

Gary McAllister 

Anyone else? 

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

Foot in both camps.. 

Marc Albrighton 

Simon Grayson 

Kevin Phillips

Julian joachim 

Dion Dublin

Lee Hendrie

Stefan Moore

Stuart Taylor 

Nolberto Solano

Curtis Davies

Darius Vassell

Emile Heskey

Tom Cleverley 

Nathan Delfouenso 

Martin O'Neill

Brian Little

Craig Shakespeare 

Gary McAllister 

Anyone else? 

Mark draper....

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Foot in both camps.. 

Marc Albrighton 

Simon Grayson 

Kevin Phillips

Julian joachim 

Dion Dublin

Lee Hendrie

Stefan Moore

Stuart Taylor 

Nolberto Solano

Curtis Davies

Darius Vassell

Emile Heskey

Tom Cleverley 

Nathan Delfouenso 

Martin O'Neill

Brian Little

Craig Shakespeare 

Gary McAllister 

Anyone else? 

Drinkwater...

6 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Rodgers wouldn't be happy. 

That's the thing , Rodgers can't play the game for them. In truth every one of our players is more experienced at playing the game than him. Ranieri is quoted as saying ,most of the onfield play was determined by the players themselves. Klopp is another one who let's his players and particularly Henderson make the decisions themselves. Rodgers can point things out from the touchline and adjust the strategy but in the heat of the game its the players who make the decisions. 

40 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I’m reading your twos arguement in Jack Nicholsons voice from A Few Good Men 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

Schmeichel 

Amartey    Evans   Soyuncu 

Castagne                                         Thomas

Ndidi 

KDH

Maddison 

Iheanacho       Daka 

Even with high pressing teams like Chelsea we've still been struggling by attempting to play 2 pivots in centre mid. It doesn't appear to suit our style. 

I would rather we try to stay as much to our true identity as possible I.e attack link up play, whilst essentially having the ability to form as a back 5 with villa's high press. 

For me, BR's comments mid week about our slow starts and leaking goals should give the team a kick up the rear end anyway. 1-2.

....memories of Puel, where he constantly stated the players were failing to do what he was asking of them!!!

We do not want to go to a back three, we do not have to employ that formation, except in certain circumstances (Man. City etc). We are not good at playing in that way, and it comes down to the Wingback positions. We play them too high up the pitch and ask far too much, of the players elected to play the role.

22 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Foot in both camps.. 

Marc Albrighton 

Simon Grayson 

Kevin Phillips

Julian joachim 

Dion Dublin

Lee Hendrie

Stefan Moore

Stuart Taylor 

Nolberto Solano

Curtis Davies

Darius Vassell

Emile Heskey

Tom Cleverley 

Nathan Delfouenso 

Martin O'Neill

Brian Little

Craig Shakespeare 

Gary McAllister 

Anyone else? 

Davie Gibson 

2 hours ago, reynard said:

Just wondering what you would have Brendan and the lads stack if they lose?

First of all I'd stop telling them that they over achieved.

I'd be telling them they are where they are on merit and they need to prove the doubters wrong.

47 minutes ago, Scotch said:

...you do get the feeling that it would be good if someone elected to do so, because they are frustrated with what they are seeing at the moment!!!

26 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Foot in both camps.. 

Marc Albrighton 

Simon Grayson 

Kevin Phillips

Julian joachim 

Dion Dublin

Lee Hendrie

Stefan Moore

Stuart Taylor 

Nolberto Solano

Curtis Davies

Darius Vassell

Emile Heskey

Tom Cleverley 

Nathan Delfouenso 

Martin O'Neill

Brian Little

Craig Shakespeare 

Gary McAllister 

Anyone else? 

Andy Lochead

11 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

That's the thing , Rodgers can't play the game for them. In truth every one of our players is more experienced at playing the game than him. Ranieri is quoted as saying ,most of the onfield play was determined by the players themselves. Klopp is another one who let's his players and particularly Henderson make the decisions themselves. Rodgers can point things out from the touchline and adjust the strategy but in the heat of the game its the players who make the decisions. 

Again, having freedom on the pitch doesn't equate to completely disregarding manager instructions and doing the opposite. 

This started by someone saying that they reckon Kasper can't wait to stop playing short and you replied with something along the lines of "he doesn't have to if he doesn't want to because he's captain" which is utter nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, Remember Kember said:

Davie Gibson 

Mark Bunn

Kevin Poole

Gary Charles

Colin Gibson

Allan Evans

Simon Grayson

Ritchie De Laet

Martin Keown

Riccardo Scimeca

Steve Sims

Mark Draper

Joey Gudjonsson

Marc Albrighton

David Gibson

Franz Carr

Danny Drinkwater

Andy Lochhead

Derek Dougan

Julian Joachim

Stan Collymore

Dion Dublin

Ian Ormondroyd

Graham Fenton

Nathan Delfouneso

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you do get the feeling that it would be good if someone elected to do so, because they are frustrated with what they are seeing at the moment!!!

I can't disagree with that but I do garentee that, that player wouldn't be made captain by Rodgers. 

33 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Just wish he would kick it a long way from his box