Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Villa (A) Sunday 5th Dec @ 4.30 - pre match

5 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Again, having freedom on the pitch doesn't equate to completely disregarding manager instructions and doing the opposite. 

This started by someone saying that they reckon Kasper can't wait to stop playing short and you replied with something along the lines of "he doesn't have to if he doesn't want to because he's captain" which is utter nonsense. 

He is indeed talking nonsense. If Rodgers wants him to play short every time, that’s what he will do. You take instructions from the manager. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Foot in both camps.. 

Marc Albrighton 

Simon Grayson 

Kevin Phillips

Julian joachim 

Dion Dublin

Lee Hendrie

Stefan Moore

Stuart Taylor 

Nolberto Solano

Curtis Davies

Darius Vassell

Emile Heskey

Tom Cleverley 

Nathan Delfouenso 

Martin O'Neill

Brian Little

Craig Shakespeare 

Gary McAllister 

Anyone else? 

John Gregory

1 minute ago, Viva said:

He is indeed talking nonsense. If Rodgers wants him to play short every time, that’s what he will do. You take instructions from the manager. 

This is why its convenient to blame the manager if you are following orders like an automaton and it results in failure. This absolute rigity in our play at times comes from not using your own initiative.

3 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

CD14E59C-3C89-4244-AF50-2DF4933112F1.jpeg

🙏  🤲 

Either a "clean sheet please Brendan" or we are getting our white flags of surrender all sparkly for a capitulation.  I think the latter is more likely.

I think we will last 13 minutes before conceding from a possible corner. 3-1 Villa sadly.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Foot in both camps.. 

Marc Albrighton 

Simon Grayson 

Kevin Phillips

Julian joachim 

Dion Dublin

Lee Hendrie

Stefan Moore

Stuart Taylor 

Nolberto Solano

Curtis Davies

Darius Vassell

Emile Heskey

Tom Cleverley 

Nathan Delfouenso 

Martin O'Neill

Brian Little

Craig Shakespeare 

Gary McAllister 

Anyone else? 

Our back four.....they might as well be.

3 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Am I right in thinking that Maddison has completely changed his technique for taking corners? They seem much more dangerous (to the opposition) than they used to. Previously they rarely got past the first man and we ended up desperately defending a break.

I think the club has analysed that 9/10 all our corner takers struggle to get the ball past the front post and the other 1/10 gets blazed out for a throw that they've worked on using it to their advantage with flick ons.

16 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

This is why its convenient to blame the manager if you are following orders like an automaton and it results in failure. This absolute rigity in our play at times comes from not using your own initiative.

I’m not blaming the manager. The better teams in the league all play out from the back, which is what we should also be doing. 

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Foot in both camps.. 

Marc Albrighton 

Simon Grayson 

Kevin Phillips

Julian joachim 

Dion Dublin

Lee Hendrie

Stefan Moore

Stuart Taylor 

Nolberto Solano

Curtis Davies

Darius Vassell

Emile Heskey

Tom Cleverley 

Nathan Delfouenso 

Martin O'Neill

Brian Little

Craig Shakespeare 

Gary McAllister 

Anyone else? 

Kevin MacDonald?

Foot in both camps.. 

Marc Albrighton 

Simon Grayson 

Kevin Phillips

Julian joachim 

Dion Dublin

Lee Hendrie

Stefan Moore

Stuart Taylor 

Nolberto Solano

Curtis Davies

Darius Vassell

Emile Heskey

Tom Cleverley 

Nathan Delfouenso 

Martin O'Neill

Brian Little

Craig Shakespeare 

Gary McAllister 

Anyone else? 

Brian Littles feet are firmly in one camp 

24 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Am I right in thinking that Maddison has completely changed his technique for taking corners? They seem much more dangerous (to the opposition) than they used to. Previously they rarely got past the first man and we ended up desperately defending a break.

They have been much improved, the only time I remember him hitting the first man was when it was Vards for the goal.

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....perhaps like a lot of us, he is looking for someone to take the initiative.....Maddison could get away with it, you play what is infront of you, and what you see!!!

So you reckon he might be telling them to do one thing but expecting them to do another? If that's what we want from a manager, my MRS is the master of that. 

• Haha 4

Foot in both camps.. 

Marc Albrighton 

Simon Grayson 

Kevin Phillips

Julian joachim 

Dion Dublin

Lee Hendrie

Stefan Moore

Stuart Taylor 

Nolberto Solano

Curtis Davies

Darius Vassell

Emile Heskey

Tom Cleverley 

Nathan Delfouenso 

Martin O'Neill

Brian Little

Craig Shakespeare 

Gary McAllister 

Anyone else? 

Andy Lochhead (too long ago?!)

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Agree his corners seem to be in the danger area now. Probably hit the first man today though !! Hopefully not 

32 minutes ago, Scotch said:

So you reckon he might be telling them to do one thing but expecting them to do another? If that's what we want from a manager, my MRS is the master of that. 

I don't think Rodgers barks out orders except when somebody during the match has a brainfart. The grand plan is always subject to revision by the players if they see an advantage. 

I’ve absolutely no idea what the final score will be. With Gerrard in charge now who knows with their renewed confidence and they must see this as winnable with our sketchy form. First goal will be important for confidence for both teams. Both teams confidence will drop with the first goal going against them as both teams confidence must be shaky 

Edited by Ely fox

1 hour ago, Viva said:

I’m not blaming the manager. The better teams in the league all play out from the back, which is what we should also be doing. 

Yes but not against the best teams that always press high this is where we always make mistakes. 

• Like 1