Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Villa (A) Sunday 5th Dec @ 4.30 - pre match

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Maddison was. Kdh wasn’t imo. 

I agree with everything you've said about KDH. He did ok when he came on but he gave the ball away an awful lot. He was OK but not great. He was an improvement on Soumare but that's not really a ringing endorsement as he was a passenger. Its not a criticism of the lad, he's young and learning. He did OK but some people on here seem to favour certain players, especially homegrown players. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Can’t wait to sit on the train for 4 hours to watch us get beaten by Villa again. This will be my third visit to Villa Park - I haven’t seen us win there yet, that includes 2016 unbelievably.

Not feeling confident because we can’t defend. Simple as that.  

Surprised that Vardy started tonight's game...

In retrospect, Daka should have started and Vardy subbed-in if necessary.

Also, playing Vardy and Daka together does not really seem to click...

If I was making that substitution tonight, it would have been Nacho instead of Daka.

Against Villa we should be trying for only our second PL clean sheet..

And as dodgy as we usually have been playing 3ATB, we really haven't been better with 4ATB.

Kasper

Castagne

Amartey

Evans

Soyuncu

Thomas

Ndidi

KDH/Soumare

Maddison

Barnes (Nacho)

Vardy

4 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Can’t wait to sit on the train for 4 hours to watch us get beaten by Villa again. This will be my third visit to Villa Park - I haven’t seen us win there yet, that includes 2016 unbelievably.

Law of averages...:D

8 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I agree with everything you've said about KDH. He did ok when he came on but he gave the ball away an awful lot. He was OK but not great. He was an improvement on Soumare but that's not really a ringing endorsement as he was a passenger. Its not a criticism of the lad, he's young and learning. He did OK but some people on here seem to favour certain players, especially homegrown players. 

Misplaced 5 passes, completed all his dribbles, wasn’t dispossessed at all, 1 inaccurate long ball

Not an awful lot of losing the ball for 45 minutes

Won the ball more than he lost it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Misplaced 5 passes, completed all his dribbles, wasn’t dispossessed at all, 1 inaccurate long ball

Not an awful lot of losing the ball for 45 minutes

Won the ball more than he lost it

Fair enough, just felt like he gave the ball away cheaply when we were in good positions but also a couple of times in our own half. Like I said, he did OK. Nothing amazing but was better than Soumare 

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Fair enough, just felt like he gave the ball away cheaply when we were in good positions but also a couple of times in our own half. Like I said, he did OK. Nothing amazing but was better than Soumare 

I dont mind if he gives the ball away a couple of times if he keeps progressing play otherwise. That's what I wanna see Soumare do more. Kiki came on and immediately started to try and progress the ball into the attacking third be that through dribbling or passing. With Bouba it was mostly sideways and backwards passes

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Where you coming from? The moon?

• Haha 2

Think we'll get a result bit surely we'll be resting a couple for the Napoli game?

Schmeichel

Castagne

Soyuncu

Evans

Thomas

Ndidi

KDH

Albrighton

Perez

Barnes

Daka

Iheanacho does love a goal vs Villa though, could we get him and Daka in? 

35 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Missed 2019?

We've defended no better with 4 at the back than 3, but we are scoring goals and are looking creative again. I'd much rather do this than try and pass it around our defence for 90 minutes and concede goals anyway. 

I don't like Castagne and Thomas as wing backs and think that (the injured) Ricardo and Justin are much more adept in those roles. Evans (if fit) and Soyuncu probably have to start again as Vesty isn't really an option. Amartey isn't far behind Caglar on form, but the latter probably has the edge in a four.

Midfield is harder. The absence of Youri leaves a hole the size of Belgium to fill. I'm not fully convinced by Soumare or KDH, but it feels like we may as well give KDH a chance -and - besides his song to the Wonderwall tune amuses me.

Barnes is out of form, but his direct running still makes defenders shi t themselves. He stays for me. Maddison is returning to the kind of form, which makes that early season hate he received from certain posters look even more ridiculous than it was at the time of posting. Lookman is another stopgap loan - so I'd put Ayoze back in despite his limitations. 

Can Vardy play 3 games in close succession or should we look after him? Maybe we should give him a rest and hope that Daka continues to make progress. 

In Summary:

Kasper

Castagne, Evans, Soyuncu, Thomas

Ndidi, KDH

Ayoze, Maddison, Barnes

Daka

.... although, to be fair to Brendan, with 9 games in 28 days it may just be a case of looking around and seeing who is fit enough to plough through. And let's hope that one or two return to fitness along the way 

Think it's fair to say it's not happening this season. The summer signings have flopped (apart from Daka), we can't find any form outside the odd patch, and we can't stop giving away cheap goals. It doesn't seem to matter what system Rodgers' tries, our patterns of play remain the same.

Villa are resurgent under a new manager and I wouldn't be suprised to see them stop our mini run of not losing.

8 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Think it's fair to say it's not happening this season. The summer signings have flopped (apart from Daka), we can't find any form outside the odd patch, and we can't stop giving away cheap goals. It doesn't seem to matter what system Rodgers' tries, our patterns of play remain the same.

Villa are resurgent under a new manager and I wouldn't be suprised to see them stop our mini run of not losing.

Part of me thinks that, but you look at the table and it's crying out for someone to make a run for the places 4-6. There are 3 very good teams, 3 or 4 poor ones and everyone else is just a bit: "meh!"

It's a crying shame that Fofana, Justin and Ricardo aren't fit and firing. Add in a fit Tielemans and you've suddenly got a team that you wouldn't just be hoping to challenge top six, but you'd be expecting it. 

It's the hope that kills you .....

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Do we try the diamond again?

Would honestly bring both KDH and Choudhury in to try and pack that midfield and drop Soumare

image.png.325a75bf4c6d8a3325ee4d260f5b6bc2.png

I always think games against teams like this and Burnley, you need Choudhury because you know he'll give as good as he gets. Loves a tackle and from the games I have seen him play recently, which is few, seems to have reeled in actually injuring people.

• Like 3

I’d take a draw, but I have a feeling we will lose this one. Gerard will want to get one over Rodgers, Villa have a tasty front line, and we can’t defend for love nor money…. 

Im feeling a pretty nasty away day here, I fear we could get turned over. 

12 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Part of me thinks that, but you look at the table and it's crying out for someone to make a run for the places 4-6. There are 3 very good teams, 3 or 4 poor ones and everyone else is just a bit: "meh!"

It's a crying shame that Fofana, Justin and Ricardo aren't fit and firing. Add in a fit Tielemans and you've suddenly got a team that you wouldn't just be hoping to challenge top six, but you'd be expecting it. 

It's the hope that kills you .....

It's a fair point. When so much of our attacking play comes from the wingbacks we really are suffering with the injuries to Justin and Richardo; Castagne, Thomas, and Betrand just aren't on the same level. Add in Fofana being out and we have lost a lot of what made us tick as a team last season and the replacements haven't been up to it.

The problem is the expectation placed upon Justin and Fofana who will be coming back from long term, potentially career ending, injuries, and it will probably take them to at least the end of the season to recapture their pre-injury form and confidence.

I think we really miss a fit Ricardo - he has the ability to be a game changer and turn draws into wins in tight games. I think before his injuries he was being heralded as one of the best right-backs in Europe.

22 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

...can't say Rodgers has managed Vardy right, in giving him the full 90 minutes tonight!!!

Could have given him 45 minutes for the next few games coming up.