Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Villa (A) Sunday 5th Dec @ 4.30 - pre match

4 hours ago, Lcfc098 said:

Was our best player with Maddison in the second half? 

I'm not sure that he was our best player but he introduced some passion & desire into the game that was desperately needed. Soumare may be the more complete player at the moment but he doesn't bring a whole pile of passion to the party. KDH has skills and passion ! It's a Great Combination !!!

Guest Danny Clender

Unfortunately, I don't think we can rotate effectively yet.

As we've seen from EL to PL, the only position where rotation can work well is Vardy / Daka, and Vardy had a blinder last week against Waterford, but not as good against Southampton, so that's still a big decision. 

I'm not confident about rotating the defence because of depth and continuity.

Midfield is tricky because of no Tielemans, but then he should never be rotated, so that leaves KDH for Soumare, which is still coming down to a split opinion of who's best in that system.

I believe Tielemans' potential return date is listed as this game, :fc: I think he can benefit from Maddison's new form and revisit those amazing days where they worked well together. 

The players that can come in i.e Ihenacho and Perez require system tweaks and we seem to have had enough of system tweaks.

For me the team still picks itself until we get Justin, Ricardo and Fofana back and also work out if we're sticking with Vestergaard for the second half of the season or buying/loaning in another CB, rotation may be spoken about then. 

It's just a weird season that's topsy-turvied my whole expectations from the first game. 

We have so many options, yet unable to make two or three systems work consistently with the huge wealth of talent we have, I still don't see this squarely a BR problem. 

Interested to see how it goes really.

Only seen Villa on MOTD, since Gerrard joined, so no idea how they'll be.

Tough game though and before yesterday I'd have thought that we'd have won at Southampton and taken a draw at Villa.

Wonder if Madders may need a rest for this one, seemed to be struggling a bit yesterday, hope it’s not a resurgence of the hip injury as he’s arguably been our MOTM last 3 games running.

Also don’t think we can play Barnes and Lookman together leaves us too open in the middle. 

Vs. Villa (3 changes)

Schmeichel 

Castagne - Evans - Söyüncü - Thomas 

Ndidi  -  KDH 

Perez  -  Iheanacho  -  Barnes 

Vardy 

Vs. Napoli (3 changes)

Schmeichel 

Castagne - Evans - Söyüncü - Thomas 

Ndidi  -  Youri

Perez  -  Maddison  -  Barnes 

Daka 

• Like 2

It seems to me that our game plan is to try and contain teams and let them do all the running first half and then go at tired legs second. This would be fine if we were not so poor defensively atm. Surely now is the time for us start a game on full throttle, surprise the opposition and take an early lead. Then we can rotate the likes of JV for Daka later on to conserve legs for this mad run of games.

i would start with the same forward line as last night and then bring in Daka And Nacho for Vardy and Lookman/Perez.

People getting sucked into the Gerrard media hype train, they have beat a Brighton who have won 1 in 9 very equal game until Villa scored 2 in the last 10 mins, and a Palace side who have won 2 in 10, once again scoring a late winner after a very equal game.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

If we defend crosses into the box with any competency at all we will win. We've scored 9 goals in 3 games. Should have been 9 points from 9.

Our defensive problems go back to last season ,its nothing new. They are just worse now. Rodgers doesn't appear to have a clue how to change that.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

People getting sucked into the Gerrard media hype train, they have beat a Brighton who have won 1 in 9 very equal game until Villa scored 2 in the last 10 mins, and a Palace side who have won 2 in 10, once again scoring a late winner after a very equal game.

And we beat neither of those teams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Our defensive problems go back to last season ,its nothing new. They are just worse now. Rodgers doesn't appear to have a clue how to change that.

Whilst i'm not defending it because some of it is schoolboy stuff, elementary defending it has all stemmed from the serious injuries in that area. So much chopping and changing does not help.

Other thing is Kasper has to take criticism for this. Any goalkeeper in the prem who has one clean sheet dating back to August has to be questioned - I understand he has made key saves but all goalkeepers are good shot stoppers now - the other aspects of his goalkeeping are very questionable atm

• Like 2

I'd take four points from the next two games to be honest. As much as a win would be great, in our current form, with the fixture congestion, with the injuries we have et all, a draw and a decent performance would be an alright result. 

Just want Vards, Madders, Wilf, Evans and Castagne in particular to get through it unscathed. 

47 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

And we beat neither of those teams.

Villa lost to Wolves, Southampton, and Watford.

What's your point?

Mine is that it will be another game that could go either way, even with Gerrard, the new managerial behemoth at the reigns 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Villa lost to Wolves, Southampton, and Watford.

What's your point?

Mine is that it will be another game that could go either way, even with Gerrard, the new managerial behemoth at the reigns 

The past results don't matter but the way we have been playing does. Villa look lively, with intent, we look lacklustre and with no control in the game (at least not for large periods).

I just don't think the fact Villa won late in those games means Gerrard is not improving them. They're not a bad team and with the right management can be comfortably mid table/pushing the Top 7.

I hope we turn up and make it a game but I feel it will be more of the same (slow start, go behind, change the team, hope it works).

• Like 1

A point on Sunday and it has been a good 10 days for Rodgers. The games get progressively tougher between now and Christmas but 5+ points from 3 games (including 2 aways) and giving us the best chance of getting through to the next round of the Europa League would be a good response to the Chelsea debacle.

That said performances are still very questionable and I think another bad one on Sunday, regardless of result, doesn’t bode well for the rest of December.

Edited by ttfn