Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Villa (A) Sunday 5th Dec @ 4.30 - pre match

Not one bit optimistic. They're still in new manager bounce mode and we're as pathetic defensively as anybody in the league. Got to hope Maddison or Vardy bails us out.

KDH in for Soumare is an obvious move here. Soumare looks well off it for me and last night was another episode (and in fairness, realisation from Rodgers). KDH isn't the finished article by any means but he was noticeably better.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

So throw away Europa League so we can qualify for the Europa League next year. 

Spurs in blue shirts.

Eh? How did you get that from what i've said below...

'I'm confident results will go our way next Thursday without having to sacrifice an important league match '

Play a full strength team on Sunday and get a result. The results will go our way on Thursday based on the strength of the squad and the quality of oppositon. We are assured of European football in 2022 whatever happens.

11 minutes ago, NasPb said:

So you want to qualify for Europe next year just to do the same thing all over again? Lol

I have no idea what you're on about mate. Do what all over again? Can your mind not handle playing a strong squad on sunday, winning, then getting a result on Thursday in a less intense match???

Does anybody know sort of relationship “Steven” and Rodgers had at liverpool? I always got the feeling that they didn’t get on, but I’ve got nothing to base that on. Just thinking if they didn’t, could add a bit extra for Gerrard. 

I think they’ll beat us anyway to be honest - we simply cannot defend and it’ll be a bit of a lions den there, them lot get well up for it playing against us. 

19 hours ago, Foxxed said:

If we're worried about being bullied in midfield I suspect we'll start with Soumare.

Well we better hope their midfield better play the game at walking pace and not try to run past him then because he's basically a passenger right now. I can't see what he offers at all.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, urban fox said:

It seems to me that our game plan is to try and contain teams and let them do all the running first half and then go at tired legs second. This would be fine if we were not so poor defensively atm. Surely now is the time for us start a game on full throttle, surprise the opposition and take an early lead. Then we can rotate the likes of JV for Daka later on to conserve legs for this mad run of games.

i would start with the same forward line as last night and then bring in Daka And Nacho for Vardy and Lookman/Perez.

What a negative outlook, game plan and set up to have, we're better than that.

I'm not picking you up on it, it's how you see it and well, it's what we do.

We arguably set up to draw games.

And people are critical of other clubs being negative :crylaugh: 

Edited by Matt

1 hour ago, Manini said:

Does anybody know sort of relationship “Steven” and Rodgers had at liverpool? I always got the feeling that they didn’t get on, but I’ve got nothing to base that on. Just thinking if they didn’t, could add a bit extra for Gerrard. 

I think they’ll beat us anyway to be honest - we simply cannot defend and it’ll be a bit of a lions den there, them lot get well up for it playing against us. 

They got on very well. 

Gerrard has spoken glowingly about BR after he left. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manini said:

...should be interesting, Gerard was probably hoping to face him at Hampden but it never happened!!!

Rodgers might get schooled here and we might just have to go into the Napoli game a bit down beat.

We are a good squad of players, we just can't seem to get it together. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Wonder if we will go two up top to take some pressure of vards having to press on his own ? 

We can't play Vardy and Daka together, even against Southampton it turned the game in their favour.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
23 hours ago, Will1981 said:

Kasper

Castagne - Amartey - Soyuncu - Thomas

Ndidi

Hamza - KDH

Perez

Daka - Nacho

rest Evans and Vardy for Napoli.

Christ! We’ll get annihilated with that side 

I really want us to win, and think this match will be a great show and tell of where we are at, I'm not convinced, and think we will lose but it could be that light bulb moment for us provided the team selection is spot on come on the Foxes.

8 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yes, perhaps with Barnes, Vardy and Daka may have been different?

I may well be wrong but it felt to me that Rodgers may have quickly swapped his sub from Vardy to Barnes after Vardy missed that absolute sitter. He wouldn't have wanted Vardy to come off straight after that and perhaps hoped he'd get another chance and stick it away. 

• Like 1