Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Villa (A) Sunday 5th Dec @ 4.30 - pre match

36 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

It would be nice if we could put some league wins together, but that’s only happened once this season where we have won back to back league games, which is piss poor tbh

So wouldn't take this for the next ten games then WDWDWDWDWD ;)

43 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So wouldn't take this for the next ten games then WDWDWDWDWD ;)

2 points a game average from 10 games would be a decentish return if we managed that!, right now it’s 1.35 points per game which would see us on 51 points come the end of the season, which is mid-table lower League table form. I just want us to improve the sooner the better, right now I look at us vs the likes of West Ham / Arsenal and we are underperforming.

Just now, Happy Fox said:

2 points a game average from 10 games would be a decentish return if we managed that!, right now it’s 1.35 points per game which would see us on 51 points come the end of the season, which is mid-table lower League table form. I just want us to improve the sooner the better, right now I look at us vs the likes of West Ham / Arsenal and we are underperforming.

Decent; 2pts a game would be a fantastic return, in my view.

The first seven games before the October international break have dragged our PPG down, as we only averaged 1.14 per game.

Since the last seven games break, we have slightly improved form taking 1.57 per game; carry that on, we end up with 57ish. 

To get top 6, we will need to hit 2 per game in the last 24 games, basically do the opposite of last season and have a strong finish. 

21 hours ago, reynard said:

Well we better hope their midfield better play the game at walking pace and not try to run past him then because he's basically a passenger right now. I can't see what he offers at all.

I reckon they'll outmuscle KDH though. Perhaps I'm giving the kid a disservice.

4 hours ago, GlennyFox55 said:

Love Villa away, the 4-1 win was one of my favourite away days of recent years. 

....funny how the real game we should have turned up for, we were so poor!!!

Hard to have picked a more unbelievable start to a game where we could only move the ball along our backline on the edge of our box. If Villa had not decided that they had nothing to fear from us, then we would still have been doing the same now.

On 02/12/2021 at 03:20, K1FOX said:

If we defend crosses into the box with any competency at all we will win. We've scored 9 goals in 3 games. Should have been 9 points from 9.

That is a very large IF .. We have struggled defensively all season & I think we are getting worse. Other teams will  have read the book on us by now & will know how shaky we are.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Perez has played fewer games and a 3rd of the minutes of Lookman and still has more goal contributions.

Not everything is about stats mate. Earlier in the season was very good. Just needs to take players on more. Patience 

53 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

That is a very large IF .. We have struggled defensively all season & I think we are getting worse. Other teams will  have read the book on us by now & will know how shaky we are.

Defending crosses is a big problem for us. We're crap at defending out wide to stop the crosses coming in and we're crap at aerial defence when the crosses come in!

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

If we can concede 2 or less corners in the first half I fancy us to be able to come back and nick a draw. :ph34r:

Yes, two more goals conceded at Southampton following corners. Surely enough is enough and if we really are serious about being in the top half, then Danny Ward MUST play. If he comes out to gather or punch 4 of the first 5 set plays, then the opposition WILL cross further from the goal, giving this ludicrous zonal marking at least a fighting chance to work. With Kasper glued to his line, trembling, we will just continue to concede match after match.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NasPb said:

Not everything is about stats mate. Earlier in the season was very good.

Very good, what game was that?

In the league? 

1 hour ago, NasPb said:

Just needs to take players on more. Patience 

Or more importantly pass to someone in a blue shirt 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I truly hope those 2 evil bast**ds get their throats cut while in prison.🤬🤬

You really don't realise what evil exists in the world until you hear about these things.

There's bad people, yes, but the word evil doesn't even begin to describe those two.

Poor poor lad.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I truly hope those 2 evil bast**ds get their throats cut while in prison.🤬🤬

It was reported the woman has already been poisoned with salt, the same way the lad was.

• Like 3