Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Villa (A) Sunday 5th Dec @ 4.30 - pre match

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Over Cag, sure, at least for now

Cags needs to go back to basics for sure but he still better all round than Amartey taking nothing away from Dan, also not sure if Dan can play the left side or if Johnny can just move over to accommodate.

For now they need consistency and only way to get that is to keep them together, well ideally the whole back 4 needs to stay the same for a number of games to get the confidence back in themselves and each other, well that’s what I think anyways.

Just now, BKLFox said:

Cags needs to go back to basics for sure but he still better all round than Amartey taking nothing away from Dan, also not sure if Dan can play the left side or if Johnny can just move over to accommodate.

For now they need consistency and only way to get that is to keep them together, well ideally the whole back 4 needs to stay the same for a number of games to get the confidence back in themselves and each other, well that’s what I think anyways.

Hard to argue with that and consistency must surely help. Might just be me, but I don’t feel the same abject terror I get when Dan receives the ball as I do when Cags does :)

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Hard to argue with that and consistency must surely help. Might just be me, but I don’t feel the same abject terror I get when Dan receives the ball as I do when Cags does :)

Agree that Dan has come on almost 100% from last seasons showings where he looked like Bambi on ice he’s a lot more composed now.

Still think Cags shades it but I do think we are all waiting for him to take someone out by recklessly diving in be it in the box or when he pushes up and gets skinned up field.

He needs to control the temper which stems back to that red card v Bournemouth, maybe a game or 2 before actually, where something seemed to switch in him and he started to lose his mind and every challenge seemed to be an angry 1, as I say needs to go back to basics do the simple things but do them well and not the show pony stuff that gets him into trouble.

On the plus side his driving the ball up field has got a little better last couple of games 

23 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Just rewatched the utd game, wtf has Brendan got against Iheanacho, he was the biggest menace on the pitch! Should be starting every game.

It’s been said many times in many different threads, Nacho is a victim of formations, available personnel and team balance nothing more, there is no Rodgers conspiracy 

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

It’s been said many times in many different threads, Nacho is a victim of formations, available personnel and team balance nothing more, there is no Rodgers conspiracy 

Totally disagree with this.  You should always base your team around your best players, and especially your biggest goal threats.  There's always a way, and several realistic formations have been suggested during the course of other threads on this forum.

Edited by deep blue
  • Like 2

Just now, deep blue said:

Totally disagree with this.  You should always base your team around your best players, and especially your biggest goal threats.  There's always a way, and several realistic formations have been suggested during the course of this thread.

Simply put;

Play to your strengths.

1 minute ago, deep blue said:

Totally disagree with this.  You should always base your team around your best players, and especially your biggest goal threats.  There's always a way, and several realistic formations have been suggested during the course of this thread.

Nacho, Daka and Maddison have worked well in the past. 

30 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Nacho, Daka and Maddison have worked well in the past. 

Not sure when maybe once in Europe and a back 3 don’t people want to stop the back 3?

33 minutes ago, Matt said:

Simply put;

Play to your strengths.

Who does he replace without affecting balance 

34 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Totally disagree with this.  You should always base your team around your best players, and especially your biggest goal threats.  There's always a way, and several realistic formations have been suggested during the course of other threads on this forum.

isn’t Vardy 2nd in goals scoring charts this season 

3 hours ago, Hales said:

I work in children's health and social care and we take children in for emergency placements for their safety via police and social services. Reading their care plans is utterly horrify. Some of them have been through so much 😭💔

It's very hard to not take work home 😭

Poor little boy.  

I take my hat off to you, my other half is a nurse whose last job was up Coalville way, and she couldn't cope with the assaults and cutting down kids attempting ligatures anymore.

She now works for one of the universities, trying to help struggling students. She still leaves work with the worry that a student will come to harm, or harm themselves. It's hard to listen to sometimes, especially with the foreign students who can easily become isolated, and who can often be under terrible pressure to succeed.

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Just rewatched the utd game, wtf has Brendan got against Iheanacho, he was the biggest menace on the pitch! Should be starting every game.

Because to play him we have to play 3-4-1-2 or drop Maddison and neither is palatable right now. 

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Why can't he play in a 442 ?

Because we then invariably lose the midfield battle and Maddison would have to be dropped hence what I said. The annoying thing is he's now no longer even making an impact off the bench and with it his momentum and confidence will be wilting.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Because we then invariably lose the midfield battle and Maddison would have to be dropped hence what I said. The annoying thing is he's now no longer even making an impact off the bench and with it his momentum and confidence will be wilting.

We lose the midfield battle every week. The entire season so far we have surrendered midfield and in doing so, put the defence under undue pressure. It's extraordinarily odd. 

I'd attempt to solidify and be a bit more pragmatic and start to he hard to beat..I'd start with

Gk plus current normal 4 at the back

Wilf

Madders Hamza Kdh 

Kels 

Vards

....and use our bench to develop the game later; Barnes, Daka, Perez, Albrighton, Lookman can all change a dynamic of a game

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

4-3-1-2?