Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RoanClawson

Clappers

I’d keep them but half how many we print and have them in a bin at each vomitory. They’re nice for the kids, but so many get left under the seats and never used.

Environmentally, we could also just have a generic design and not have a new one each match. That would help. Although my kid wouldn’t like that as he has been collecting them 😂😂🤦‍♂️

45 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I'd rather have one of those snood things they gave away a couple of seasons ago. Bloody freezing last Sunday :colder:

That was the coldest I’ve been in years. I walked home after due to the ridiculous (but expected) Uber price hike. Don’t think I thawed out until about 9pm 😂😂

9 hours ago, ealingfox said:

They should be opt-in. Leave a pile of them at each entrance and people who want one can take one. Probably use about a tenth the amount we do now.

Yep. Also just make generic ones instead of each game so that the ones left over can be used again next game.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, teblin said:

Environmentally maybe we shouldn’t be doing it anymore? But I guess we have a contract.

Same with the print at home tickets. Such a waste of paper. Tbh, I’d happily pay 50p for a clapper for the boy for every home game if they scrapped the free ones and sold them at the programme stalls. 

Edited by phoneticerror

10 hours ago, RoanClawson said:

Is it time to bin the clappers off? It was great in the great escape/title winning season but now they don’t seem needed. Also with us playing 25+ home games a season that totals to over 700,000 clappers made per season. This can’t be good for the environment and seems wasteful when realistically we can just clap 😂

Aside from the sustainability aspect (Greta wouldn't be happy) they just don't create much noise or atmosphere any more.  I'd rather a free beer or hat, snood etc. or just better football:)