Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RoanClawson

Clappers

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

Same with the print at home tickets. Such a waste of paper. Tbh, I’d happily pay 50p for a clapper for the boy for every home game if they scrapped the free ones and sold them at the programme stalls. 

You know what else is a waste, while we're on the subject, the fact I buy an away ticket and they then put an A4 sheet of paper in the same envelope to thank me and confirm I've bought the ticket.

Perhaps that's what the booking fee is for lol

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We're known throughout the country and a fanbase that uses some folded up cardboard to try and make some noise. 

5 million made fvck me, that is an absolutely heinous waste of resources.  

...could the reason be due to the lack of atmosphere at the games!!!

Could it be the club looking to retain the family image and this is for the kids.

In the great scheme of things, we have a team in the top league competing (occasionally) with the best there is in the country, the decisions of the club has brought us here.

If like the goal music this situation has become a pet peeve then contacting the club with your grievance would be the best policy. 

The only short comings with the clappers would be your kids waving them excitedly in the faces of strangers and almost knocking their glasses off.

Annoying as it may seem, it is good to see young kids getting excited about coming to games and laying the foundations for future support. 

I couldn't give two fvcks about the usage of the clappers to generate atmosphere or not.

But if the 5 million figure is true, and there isn't a sustainable way of disposing of these things it's nothing short of a disgrace by the club. It's 2021 FFS, I'm genuinely ashamed. 

I really hope it isn't the case but if it is, serious questions need to be asked. 

20 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Honestly, this unquestioning devotion to any decision the club makes is absolutely baffling. While the club is well run overall, there's no question that plenty working there are counting their lucky stars that they just so happen to be doing so at a time when we're pretty good on the pitch and therefore anything they do is seen to contribute to that, whether it's relevant or not.

Children don't get excited about coming to games because of a piece of cardboard on their seat. They get excited because Leicester are, at the moment, one of the best clubs in the country, with famous players, who are playing against the best teams in the country and beyond. It's never been a better time to be a City fan in the school playground, wherever you live.

Anyone with half an ear open at games can tell you clappers don't add to the atmosphere, they actually stunt it. If people can't be heard singing over them then songs die out much quicker.

...I  did say that it would be prudent to contact the club if you genuinely feel there is an issue!!!

Posting on a forum is all very well to let off steam, but nothing  can happen, unless the club has been informed and have the chance to look at the concern.

I personally enjoy being at the ground, the sound of clappers are not on my radar and goal music is also not a factor in dulling my entertainment, and for the time I  am in the ground my eyes are trained on what is happening on the pitch and not peripheral distractions.

To be fair. Clappers are probably locally produced, and can be recycled (card).

For people suggesting other items. Clappers are probably better for the environment than yet more nylon or plastic tat imported from the far east made in a stinking factory and imported on a stinking container ship. Everyone seems to miss this point, we export our pollution to China and the oceans between and 99.9% of people are perfectly happy to continue buying stuff made there because its 'cheap'. There is zero point worrying about being green until we tackle this massive change in mindset. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  did say that it would be prudent to contact the club if you genuinely feel there is an issue!!!

Posting on a forum is all very well to let off steam, but nothing  can happen, unless the club has been informed and have the chance to look at the concern.

I personally enjoy being at the ground, the sound of clappers are not on my radar and goal music is also not a factor in dulling my entertainment, and for the time I  am in the ground my eyes are trained on what is happening on the pitch and not peripheral distractions.

I've made my feelings clear to the club on many occasions.

53 minutes ago, Mich-ol said:

I sit in row E in SK1 and whenever we play badly or something doesn't go our way (every game recently lol),  the clappers are launched towards the pitch i get wacked in the head. I would be happy to see the back of them :crylaugh::crylaugh::D

Please write into the club about this exact issue, they got taken away from L1 for exactly this so if you could get them out of SK1 I'll buy you many many beers.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

To be fair. Clappers are probably locally produced

We used to have some locally produced goal music too instead of the tacky generic shite we have now. 

Combined with the continual clatter of cardboard, I actually look forward to away games and cringe at the prospect of playing at home. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Just under 220 quid spent on clappers for every season ticket holder since they’ve been brought in.

I know it’s a drop in an ocean in football etc.. but it still seems hilariously wasteful 

I think most fans would rather for example, their season ticket be £200 less, or subsidised travel to the games or some other benefit. 

The club  does some things well but the match day experience is embarrassingly tin pot. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Line-X said:

We used to have some locally produced goal music too instead of the tacky generic shite we have now. 

Combined with the continual clatter of cardboard, I actually look forward to away games and cringe at the prospect of playing at home. 

Cant disagree, the general match day experience is so tin pot. I cringe every time we score and go the generic chants. 

I don't cringe when we score, it doesn't really bother me about the music on the day. Scoring is the most important thing and I'd hear it hundred times if it meant we were battering teams.

It's just horrible hearing it back on MOTD. But then again I do remember some of our fans used to chant it, just the tune and no words, so perhaps the club thought we all like it.

Edited by Fox92