Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RoanClawson

Clappers

37 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

To those arguing that that the ground would be quieter if we didn’t have them, even if that was the case (which it wouldn’t be), there very existence is wrong and makes our support worse by default. It’s not football. It’s gimmick driven, American sports toss. In the same ball park as those T-shirt cannons. I’m bewildered at the idea of anybody even remotely liking them. 

It seems like football didn't exist before clappers is the new football didn't exist before 1992 to some people :rolleyes:

59 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I would suppose according to the rules of the stadium, you were doing something than contravenes their rules!!!

No one has a right to hit anyone but you can understand someone who would choose to chastise an individual as it is impairing their ability to view the game (they have, like you paid their entrance fee).

All our supporters are drawn from society, and within society there are different characters, it is good to take people as you find them, or until they give you reason to change your initial opinion.

No, no, yes, and no, it works both ways. 

I was standing for about 3 seconds max. Twats! 

And don't take my post too seriously :ph34r:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:
18 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Pieces of paper helped us stay in the league! 

Yes you heard that right folks. 

Elements of truth to it though - however ludicrous it sounds

Who can tell what were crucial differences and what made no difference?

Same goes for winning the league - maybe it was actually the clappers wot won it!

My view on clappers? I thought they were naff when they first appeared; now I don’t really care either way. Although they will always remind me of 2015-16, and I do have a soft spot for things that do that.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Bum Scissors said:

My kids likes them, but I say it’s time to bin them off. There’s the environmental factors sure, but my bloody kid keeps them for some reason and the collection is getting a bit out of hand 😂

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, stretch1965 said:

that would not bother me they'd still work and would save themselves 10+k :dunno:

The club just won’t do it. I don’t think they’re bothered about £10k and the complaints they’d get (I know) wouldn’t be worth the hassle for them. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, stretch1965 said:

Why not store the clappers and hold for the re arranged match?

Agree entirely. I know we are a nation of wastefulness who live in a throw-away society but for those who like to hang on to such items you can easily write a note on of the day the match was actually played. Given the fact you can write!!

13 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Agree entirely. I know we are a nation of wastefulness who live in a throw-away society but for those who like to hang on to such items you can easily write a note on of the day the match was actually played. Given the fact you can write!!

Agree. Who gives a crap that the date is wrong. We had Euro 2020 in 2021. Didn’t phase me in the slightest, and a clapper is far less significant 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bert said:

the complaints they’d get (I know) wouldn’t be worth the hassle for them. 

This is why the club are irritating. It's so asymmetric with whose complaints matter. People that want an atmosphere, clappers binned and the goal music turned down or canned aren't listened to. Mabel complains about the clapper missing on her seat, it never gets missed again, she gets a £5 voucher and a back rub from the Birch.

• Like 1