Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

LCFC vs Villa (A) Match Thread

Daka - great runs, excellent pass to Barnes for the goal and generally good and Vardy like.

Barnes - good goal but made some poor decisions. Still good overall.

Maddison - somewhat anonymous but he is sharp when he has the ball.

KDH - our midfield engine. Great debut so far.

Ndidi - everytime he gets the ball, I get a little nervous where the ball would bounce him off to.

Lookman - worst game for us. Needs to go off at HT.

Perez would be a more natural replacement for Lookman but we surely can’t keep having our last season leading scorer in Nachos on the bench. Nachos can pass and run right? He will also naturally cut inside. Much rather Nachos comes on please. He deserves it.

Kapser - he had a really lucky break.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

Just now, Corky said:

Is Danny Ward more likely to come for crosses? Schmeichel, in virtually all other aspects, isn't a passive or negative keeper.

They are being coached like this.

Said it before. I’m very surprised Stowell has lasted as long as he has. 

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Corky said:

Is Danny Ward more likely to come for crosses? Schmeichel, in virtually all other aspects, isn't a passive or negative keeper.

Nailed on for me

Sorted. Can we move on now campers?

A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when: the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't get the Ademola hype sometimes, Perez genuinely has better games. Barnes is having a Stormer, our left has Cash ruffled and we keep exposing them.

We're 'the better team', playing 'the better football'. Defence is still miserable however, you know how these usually go. >_<

Just now, Col city fan said:

Is that Mike Bassett’s Christmas Tree formation?

😅 just a 433 but with a CDM consistently behind the other 2 “eights”. I guess 4123 is another way of writing the same thing.

RB CB CB LB

CDM

CM CM

RW   ST   LW

Not jammy, by the letter of the law correct decision:

A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when: the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save.

KDH brings so much balance to this team, we look far better with him playing. 
Barnes is tearing Cash apart and down the left we look like making things happen, Daka looks sharp and was brilliant for the goal. 
We’ve actually looked Okay at the back, other than a moment where everyone went to sleep for a second. Not sure why Kasper is getting so much stick? Don’t think there is anything he could have done there.

We could have had a penalty, Barnes was fouled, he was just strong enough to stay on his feet, if the game wants to get rid of diving, penalties need to be given when a player is fouled but doesn’t go down.

Play like that second half and I’m confident we can pick up a 3-1 win here.

Just now, Corky said:

The calls for Ward are just silly. He's not a better keeper than Kasper. Kasper's weakness is just very glaring and obvious because he does a lot of other things extremely well. The calls for Kasper to be dropped or be sold are rubbish. As soon as Ward would come in, there'll be calls for a) Kasper to come back or b) 'we need a new keeper' because Ward is not on the same level at all. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Corky said:

I dunno Corky. I thought Kasper set the unease on their goal when he went to claim it and then gave up on it