Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

LCFC vs Villa (A) Match Thread

Just now, Vardinio'sCat said:

Is that a loosener for the match thread?

Good start if so.

Yep get in early, then avoid reading. I can recommend. 

• Like 1

Would have played Albrighton instead of Lookman, but otherwise looking forward to it. They are very physical in midfield however with McGinn, Luiz and Makamba, so wondering if this is the game for KDH. I know he played well at Saints and deserves a start but sometimes I wonder if Brendan looks at the opposition closely enough when picking our team. Like Vardy has a great record v Villa and Ming's, so maybe rest him at Saints, play him today and Daka v Napoli?? Who know anyway let's hope we win or at least draw.

The team we have looks pretty good.

KDH deserves his first premer leagie start.   Strange that the goat is on the shed but looking forward to seeing Daka.

That for me a good team as long as they apply themselves and don't give away any corners.

Regarding Vardy I think this is seen as the first game of a long run of games in a short space of time - he isn't going to play them all, so this is the first decision in that overall strategy, not a reflection of form or particularly the type of game it's going to be.

In the case of Dewsbury-Hall coming in I suspect not to do with rotation or rest, more a case of Brendan seeing the same errors in Soumare that we saw, allowing people to run off him and not quite being up to making a telling contribution game after game (yet). Dewsbury Hall showed more thrust and drive forward in his brief cameo than Soumare managed in a few games. 

• Like 1

Great team, and I'm glad KDH is playing, played well last game and added a bit of grunt to midfield and more forward passing. Soumare, good as he is, has been a bit off it past few games imo.

5 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Would have played Albrighton instead of Lookman, but otherwise looking forward to it. They are very physical in midfield however with McGinn, Luiz and Makamba, so wondering if this is the game for KDH. I know he played well at Saints and deserves a start but sometimes I wonder if Brendan looks at the opposition closely enough when picking our team. Like Vardy has a great record v Villa and Ming's, so maybe rest him at Saints, play him today and Daka v Napoli?? Who know anyway let's hope we win or at least draw.

You know who else has a great record against Villa?

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Saving Vardy for Napoli I reckon, which makes a lot of sense. That’s the game we have to get a result from!

Understandable but Evans should also be rested, he said himself he was knackered after the last match. That midfield has the potential to be overrun. No Iheanacho? Joke.

• Haha 1