Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

LCFC vs Villa (A) Match Thread

1 minute ago, TeaMen Tom said:

Tim Howard said on US TV should have been a goal. Said as a keeper in that situation you don't at all feel ball is under your control.

He does not understand the laws.

We've been far too attacking, moved the ball forward well and had a few chances but at the same time allowed ourselves to be too open defensively. I'm sure Brendan will have spotted this and I expect us to be far more conservative going forwards in the second half and to move the ball far more slowly so hopefully not opening ourselves up to giving away needless free kicks.

Law 12:

A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when: the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save.

2 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

Tim Howard said on US TV should have been a goal. Said as a keeper in that situation you don't at all feel ball is under your control.

Then Tim Howard doesn’t know the rules, I’m always amazed by how many former pros don’t know or understand the rules of the game.

Just now, StanSP said:

Anyone else still have faith in Kasper and that some people are overreacting to how he's playing? Just me that doesn't think his 'time is up'

Six or so months ago he made one of the greatest saves of all time (I mean, genuinely, that's not exaggeration) to win us the FA Cup. 

He's always been shit in the air but he's always been a world class shot stopper. Strengths and weaknesses on balance. 

If he didn't have flaws in his game somewhere he'd have been at United years ago we all know that. 

As with a lot of our players, we take the good with the bad. We're not Man City, all of our players have flaws somewhere. 

• Like 2

Kasper. Thanks and everything but can we buy a new keeper please. Dean Henderson maybe. Young, commanding, two things Kasper isn't.

On another note Paul Merson has to be the stupidest pundit I've ever seen. Yes in 1 12th of a second Kasper knew the rules and deliberately put his hand on the ball so a goal would be disallowed. 

Edited by FoxyJim1987

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The calls for Ward are just silly. He's not a better keeper than Kasper. Kasper's weakness is just very glaring and obvious because he does a lot of other things extremely well. The calls for Kasper to be dropped or be sold are rubbish. As soon as Ward would come in, there'll be calls for a) Kasper to come back or b) 'we need a new keeper' because Ward is not on the same level at all. 

I agree, I don't see our issues magically getting better by dropping Kasper.

There has to be a change of approach.

16 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Well they are saying he had it under control very debatable that 

It is debatable but I think if no one challenges it then he’s able to keep the ball there and then swipe it in. How long he has his hand on the ball before the challenge is irrelevant to the rule really, it seems very harsh but I can understand the need to draw a line with a rule like that.

Doesn’t excuse the terrible defending again. 

Just now, frany104 said:

Every shot is going in. 

Literally saved a shot from Cash earlier in the game. And for the header before the disallowed goal. 

I know people think he's not good anymore but let's not lie about the facts or make shit up.