Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

LCFC vs Villa (A) Post Match Thread 2 - 1

1 minute ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

I called them at the time, we should have been in the face of the ref after. I really don't think we are streetwise enough

It’s an on going problem, bar Kasper we have no mouths, don’t see it changing anytime soon.

6 minutes ago, sishades said:

No I disagree. The Newcastle game is the crunch one for me. We are in serious trouble and I firmly believe that we are now set into a relegation battle.

If we get dumped out the Europa that will have a very negative impact on our league campaign. 

Watching Leicester at the minute reminds me of Leeds many years ago.  Having quality players scattered throughout but they never got going, and despite everyone saying it couldn't happen, they got relegated.

Now fortunately, I think that as garbage as we are at the minute I see us getting to the 40 point mark regardless.  But if things don't change and soon,  we will only get there with a game or two to spare.

Edited by kristianity77

Listened to the game on the r5 Live as was driving back home and delayed. First half sounded quite good apart from missing chances and their goal & disallowed effort. 

Clinton Morrison nor the commentator couldn't really believe how crap we are at defending set pieces and Schmeichel came in for criticism too. They also couldn't believe that Rodgers refused to put Iheanacho on much earlier. 

It's the same old shit every week and Rodgers has to take responsibility. Second half other than late rally, Villa bossed it. Hard to see what we do next. 

Lookmans tracking back was hideous to watch today and it’s becoming a regular feature. What’s happened to Castagne, his form just seems to dip and dip. Lack of competition at the moment maybe?? Luke’s not ready to be a prem regular yet either, regardless of him being a prospect. We need another full back in Jan (And Bertrand can just feck off as well…).

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Watching this lot is so unenjoyable. At least when we were shit we knew we were shit and there was enjoyment to take from the odd decent performance. 

This is the best group of players the club has ever had, incredible facilities and one of the highest paid managers in the world. Watching them constantly underperforming is soul destroying. 

Spot on. Where are all the ‘have perspective’ knobbers now? 

15 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

First half was one of our better halves of football this season in my opinion (and even then we're a little fortunate to not go in 2-1 down). Second half was a shambles though and ultimately we deserved to lose. Defence is woeful.

I was so impressed with that first half. I thought we looked slick, passionate, dynamic. We posed a constant threat. But one set piece and we collapse. Defence so weak with the ball in the air. I can't believe I am saying this but Kasper's form means he warrants dropping. 

The awful defence makes our attack more frantic and nervous. You can't expect to ask players to score two goals to even draw a match 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Watching this lot is so unenjoyable. At least when we were shit we knew we were shit and there was enjoyment to take from the odd decent performance. 

This is the best group of players the club has ever had, incredible facilities and one of the highest paid managers in the world. Watching them constantly underperforming is soul destroying. 

I think this is the best argument of the lot really. We are an utter chore. We’ve had one stand out performance and probably three individual players performances which get you going. 

4 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

0 - August the 14th is our ONLY clean sheet since the start of the season, 15 games ago!!! This is pure madness. 

How the hell hasn't Rodgers seen this and attempted to fix it!?! Even it means a park the bus 0-0. More than most I like to give BR the benefit of the doubt. He obviously respects his job and wants to succeed. We know he's aware of our weakness. But week in week out I'm just not seeing a progress. That's what's so frustrating. If anything we feel to be getting worse. Ndidi has become a bit of a liability in the last few weeks. Only escaped a pen' because opposition bailed him out. And Evans doesn't seem to have the authority any more. Yes we have players out and injuries, these things effect teams but it doesn't stop them from re-setting and saying our single objective this game is to not concede. It was one of the most important things Ranieri did in our title year.    

We score goals but you can't expect a team (unless you're ManC or Liverpool) to be scoring 3 goals a game to win them.  

And we've not even played Man City or Liverpool yet. I'd expect both teams to put a minimum 4/5 goals pass us each.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This is 100% how I feel. 

Genuinely don’t even get angry when we concede anymore, we know it’s going to happen every game so it’s literally a case of waiting till it happens 

I’m edging closer to being Brendan out, and I hate to say it because he’s given us 2 of the most successful seasons in our history, however the wheels are clearly starting to come off 

How on earth we are still sticking to zonal marking I have no idea, it’s footballing suicide and if Brendan can’t see that we don’t know how to play it then I don’t know what else he can bring to us 

How this turns around I don’t know, and being honest I’ve become comfortable with the fact that it’s going to be a season of inconsistency, terrible defending, winning games here and there, and maybe scraping mid table ( I actually predicted us to finish 9th this season) 

And Liverpool, Spurs and Man City coming up... can’t wait