Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

LCFC vs Villa (A) Post Match Thread 2 - 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Soy has gone back to his style pre selling Maguire. 

Rodgers seems to have lost all ability to manage the team and control the play. 

Cags is so bad. Coming to the end of his contract. I would not be extending it. Should be dropped but we have no one else

This is the game I really realised Kasper is in appalling form. 

If we finish in the top half I'll be amazed. We might even flirt with a relegation battle. 

• Like 1

KS was fine behind Wes and Huth etc, but not behind CB's who are vulnerable in the air. He is short for a modern keeper and lacks wingspan compared to the average. Incidentally, Seaman was well known for generally staying at home, but then his defenders were excellent.

JE can just about cope but Cags is all at sea, and the rest of the PL can see that, and we are being targeted. It's almost impossible to solve this without blood on the floor.

• Like 1

Just now, kristianity77 said:

Whilst I agree it's ridiculous, it is a foul, according to the law that seemingly no one knew about. 

He was stating the fact he’d kicked him though wasn’t he? Not the rule of him having the ball under control. 

6 minutes ago, reynard said:

On top of this we have a manager, with a lot of credit in the bank, who doesn't seem able to sort out any sort of defence and what does he say at half time. Today we were at lease decent first half but second half we were woeful. 

We look uninspired, disinterested and weak with no leadership on the pitch at all. In the summer Rodgers said he wanted experienced players to be signed and what happened? We basically didn't get them, and one of the ones we did get was a panic buy because of injury to Fofana.

Today we needed players who could roll up their sleeves and put in a shift but we didn't seem to have anyone like that.

The game against Newcastle is absolutely huge. Lose and I think we're in a relegation scrap. Maybe on the fringes of it but make no mistake we are not too good to go down if other sides get their act together.

Napoli, if in the mood, will beat us easily.

They don’t come anymore as “experienced” as Bertrand…:ph34r:

Meanwhile, two of our most experienced players (Kasper and Evans) can’t seem to defend corner-kicks. I think we have bigger issues.

19 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Its precarious. Like one more wrong move could be the end. 

and for many people he’s made too many wrong moves/ bad decisions already and the ice is about to break.

for what it’s worth I don’t think he’s a bad manager at all. However sometimes there’s a clash between the type of player at your disposal and the style you want to play.  Given that he’s now had a few windows he’s running out of excuses in my book as to why he seems to stick with a style of play that  seems incompatible with the players he has. And if he is not going to be flexible and adapt the style/ system to fit the players then we don’t really have an option other than to go with a new manager.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

Kasper not debating the rule. He thinks it was a foul.

Never in a million years!! 

On the radio, they first thought it was not a foul. But they then explained that the rules have changed and under those it was as the ball was trapped without moving between glove and turf. 

They also reckon neither Leicester penalty shout was a penalty. 

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

On the radio, they first thought it was not a foul. But they then explained that the rules have changed and under those it was as the ball was trapped without moving between glove and turf. 

The KDH one was debatable. I don’t see the Kasper one as a foul. 

3 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

They don’t come anymore as “experienced” as Bertrand…:ph34r:

Meanwhile, two of our most experienced players (Kasper and Evans) can’t seem to defend corner-kicks. I think we have bigger issues.

Maybe, but games like today showed just how much we need an experienced decent pro in the middle of the pitch to calm things down and to get in the ref's face too. You're right about Kasper and Evans though.

Evans looks shot to me.

31 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

We are not conceding because teams are bypassing our middle…

More than half of our goals have resulted from set-pieces, while our wide defenders are consistently defending 1 v 2.

I kno but they get into our final third too easily and get soft kicks/corners which is a massive problem for us obviously. Look how hard is it for us to get behind teams. Our midfield/forwards are trying to win the ball high up the pitch but they are really poor at it so a pass or two for the opposition and they’re in attacking our defence. It’s BR’s tactics and he has to change because it’s way too easy for teams to create chance against us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Sorry I may misinterpreted what you meant re Kasper foul 

28 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

It’s embarrassing that we cannot keep a clean sheet…

A single clean sheet in the PL is the fare of relegation candidates.

WHOEVER HAS PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY FOR COACHING THE DEFENSE SHOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN FIRED BY NOW! :mad:

Makes you think why we’re so bad at defending when we supposedly have an ex world quality defender training our defence ?🤔

Not great. Most disappointing is how awful 2nd half was.

I happen to think that regardless of whatever the official rule is - their goal shouldn’t have stood. Kasper gets his hand on the ball and is in control. It doesn’t matter it’s for .1 seconds or whatever. He beats the attacker to the ball. You can’t let players kick at the ball when the keeper has it. I’m also coming from a hockey perspective. Goalie covers the puck - plays over. You can’t whack your stick at his hand. Same principle for me (again this is entirely how I feel the rule should be, not necessarily what it is, which I still don’t really understand)

But - it was certainly a break. After playing well first half and getting out of jail on that we should have come out - well like Villa did.  To completely flatten out was disappointing.

Nacho has to play. He has to.