Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

LCFC vs Villa (A) Post Match Thread 2 - 1

It’s dogshit, so much wrong. Indefensible. 

Rodgers can’t hide behind any excuses, he’s had almost everything he could ever want here and we look worse than we did in a lot of 14/15, 16/17 currently; with a much better squad.

We’re just so feeble, even if we had a ‘lesser’ manager who just instilled some fight and aggression we’d be a much better team.

Next game we need to ditch zonal, bring Ward and Albrighton in for Schmeichel and Lookman then we might be slightly less likely to shit ourselves 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Kasper has too much power at this club. And not enough power in his 6 yard box.

Good shot stopper but awful at set pieces and can't kick. Who's going to tell him, Stowell, Rogers. Doesn't look like it. It's almost like they have to impress him rather then the other way round.

• Like 3

Just now, Paninistickers said:

That Rodgers is wrong just to blame the set pieces. That he'd be worried how we crumble in the face of simple aggression and a straightforward upping of tempo from the opponent 

Illustrates the point I was trying to make elsewhere in the thread. Players are on cruise mode after winning the cup 

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

That Rodgers is wrong just to blame the set pieces. That he'd be worried how we crumble in the face of simple aggression and a straightforward upping of tempo from the opponent 

I couldn't agree more. This alongside our ability to defend set pieces is the absolute core of the problem.

2 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Good shot stopper but awful at set pieces and can't kick. Who's going to tell him, Stowell, Rogers. Doesn't look like it. It's almost like they have to impress him rather then the other way round.

tell him what exactly? That he has weaknesses?  he can’t really grow a few inches   Any more.   And  it’s really hard to get a GK who had everything. And if they did, they probably wouldn’t come to Leicester..

you have a shot stopper? Organize the defense to deal with the crosses.   Have someone who’ll pluck everything out the air!  Get some more speed and quickness in your defenders. 

The trouble comes when you don’t set up to protect your keepers weaknesses.

• Like 1

Yes, but little Wes is injured.... like that's the reason we're defensively s#it. I think it goes all the way down to Toure. Whatever he had, has gone. 

Also, I don't understand the persistence with zonal marking. Hasn't worked from the first game to this one. We can see it, opponents can see it, my mother could see it if she were still with us. Change it!

• Like 2