Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

LCFC vs Villa (A) Post Match Thread 2 - 1

It’s getting so frustrating that Rodgers is a top quality coach, but why is his side playing appalling football most of the time he swaps the starting 11 so much we surely can’t get momentum going in the side, as for defensive training WTF are they teaching our defence are they just sitting them down to watch chicken run each week ?

The amount of Brendan out brigade seems to be growing bigger each poor performance we’re treated too so how long does he get given to turn our fortunes and performances around?

I still think he will come good for us he just needs a few more decent players to come in to get us stronger we can’t wait for Fofana and little Wes to come back Ricky P just hasn’t been the same since his ACL injury looks like he came back too early and gets injured again ?

We need to bring in some quality in January to help seal the defensive holes we need also to move on the players that just haven’t got what it takes, or do we just need a bit of old fashioned luck to come our way to get us back into the top 5 places, anyway I’m backing our lads and manager each game they go out and play cheer them on moan when they play awful sure is a rollercoaster of emotions supporting our great club !!

OAUIBWT !

Just now, Parafox said:

Yes, but little Wes is injured.... like that's the reason we're defensively s#it. I think it goes all the way down to Toure. Whatever he had, has gone. 

Also, I don't understand the persistence with zonal marking. Hasn't worked from the first game to this one. We can see it, opponents can see it, my mother could see it if she were still with us. Change it!

Piper said weeks ago that all the top sides do same. I think it is the personnel rather than system. I suspect the defenders don't trust KS and he certainly doesn't trust them, we are as nervous as kittens now.

I'd stick in big Dan for Soyuncu and tell Cags we see his future elsewhere, and not renew KS, who is on big money anyway.

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...sometimes you wonder where they get these figures from!!!

Absolutely no possession in the second half for us....surely these stats are made up.

Not precisely sure where ESPN get these ... but possession is generally calculated from pass completion AFAIK.  If you're stroking it around to no particular effect, it will show up as possession.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

tell him what exactly? That he has weaknesses?  he can’t really grow a few inches   Any more.   And  it’s really hard to get a GK who had everything. And if they did, they probably wouldn’t come to Leicester..

you have a shot stopper? Organize the defense to deal with the crosses.   Have someone who’ll pluck everything out the air!  Get some more speed and quickness in your defenders. 

The trouble comes when you don’t set up to protect your keepers weaknesses.

He doesn't need to grow a few inches, he's 6'2, plenty for a GK. He doesn't want to come out and deal with set pieces, even though this is integral to being a GK. Thats the bottom line, he'd rather put this pressure on the rest of the team instead.

1 minute ago, sm1 said:

He doesn't need to grow a few inches, he's 6'2, plenty for a GK. He doesn't want to come out and deal with set pieces, even though this is integral to being a GK. Thats the bottom line, he'd rather put this pressure on the rest of the team instead.

Cos he's scared of getting clattered.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Watching this lot is so unenjoyable. At least when we were shit we knew we were shit and there was enjoyment to take from the odd decent performance. 

This is the best group of players the club has ever had, incredible facilities and one of the highest paid managers in the world. Watching them constantly underperforming is soul destroying. 

Absolutely spot on! Such a waste of our most talented squad in my lifetime, so gutting to watch this shit show unfold

• Like 1

I guarantee that is we dropped Kasper for Ward we would see an instant improvement. Kasper is too comfortable in his position and is seemingly undroppable. He’s been incredible for us, but every player comes to the end eventually and Kasper’s time has passed with us, it’s time for him to leave.  

• Like 2