Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Post Villa game Vote in or sack for Rodgers

Rodgers in or sacked  

671 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers in or sacked

• In
    • Sack

I’m sure those in the board room will already have some idea of a replacement that won’t involve alardyce and Bruce. I’m sure they’ve had this in mind after he’d been linked to various clubs when we had decent performances. 

See where we are after the Norwich game on new years day for me.  It's still too early to pull the trigger. I'm as disappointed as everyone else with our ongoing issues at the back but he would cost a fortune to sack right now, and I dont think our situation is that desperate yet. With Youri, Justin and Fofana to come back, hopefully soon, maybe we will turn a corner.

• Like 1

Just now, Samilktray said:

I can’t believe people still ask the “who could we actually get to replace him” question. There’s dozens or more, managers out there that could improve on what we’ve seen from Rodgers this season. It’s such a daft question to ask 

It’s not, your post implies anyone would be better, which is unlikely to be true. Therefore it’s not a daft question is it?

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

I'm so over this over-hyped fraud.

The only entertainment being served up is playing Happy Clappy Bingo on here:

• We were in League one 10 years ago
  • We won the FA Cup
  • Be careful what you wish for
  • We're lucky to have him
  • We'll be fine when [insert name here] returns from injury
  • We're only x points from the top 6
  • Who can we get better than Rodgers?
  • Knee jerk reaction

House!!

How can he be an ‘over hyped fraud’ when he got us our first ever FA Cup and 2 amazing fifth place finishes?

• Like 2

I'd give him until Christmas to sort out the defense, most notably the set pieces it's becoming criminal now, Evans, soyuncu and Kasper should not be conceding as many as they are and its up to brendan to fix it. I read on here a while back he did an interview in which he stated he doesn't think we have a particular problem with it? If that's still the case I'd give him until Christmas to sort it out but be actively looking for a replacement to give the January window to, if as, unfortunately, I suspect these issues won't be addressed and we'll continue to be exploited. It really does seem as if every cross that comes in Kasper might as well just come out, grab it and chuck it in his own net to save the hassle of pretending to try and defend. 

26 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s not, your post implies anyone would be better, which is unlikely to be true. Therefore it’s not a daft question is it?

Actually, it didn’t imply anyone. He said there’s dozens of managers out there. It is a daft question as the question implies there isn’t anyone out there better than Rodgers. There clearly is. 

• Like 2

That’s another point.

We’re entering another transitional phase for the club with Vardy and Schmeichel winding down and Tielemans almost certainly moving on.

Are we really confident that Rodgers can rebuild that team given his summer signings?

Who in their right mind sees a team who have lost 9-0 twice - once to us - and signs half their back line?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hitesh said:

We played probably our best first half in a long time. We're not winning because our set pieces are shocking...not a sackable offence given the calibre of the manager too. He needs to get a grip of it and our defence otherwise we'll never win any games but don't see what another manager would do differently? 

It’s far more than set plays…. It’s our overall game. We no longer press as a team, we’re so easy to beat and look like a team who have lost their spark and are not sure what they’re even doing, I’m afraid to say that it lays entirely at the managers door…. I will be surprised if Brendan is still here by Christmas. 

12 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Actually, it didn’t imply anyone. He said there’s dozens of managers out there. It is a daft question as the question implies there isn’t anyone out there better than Rodgers. There clearly is. 

Guess we see what we want to see. :thumbup: