Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Post Villa game Vote in or sack for Rodgers

Rodgers in or sacked  

671 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers in or sacked

• In
    • Sack

I feel like we need a change and a kick up the backside but on the contrary, I want us to finally have a manager that lasts more than a couple of years and we have some consistency. The other problem is that there is no real banker alternative.

We really need to beat Newcastle on Sunday or things will get very sour.

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

But Rodgers seemingly DOES become a bad manager overnight. He’s got history of it at each club

My mates a Liverpool STH and said that Rodgers was only any good for them when using players he’d inherited. Their downturn started when he started making his own signings.

So I don’t want him to have another transfer window! 

Yeah, I don't rate his job at Liverpool as a neutral. Some of his signings were shocking too (I know that's weird when I've just said back him here) but Klopp had to completely overhaul the squad to make them what they are today. Rodgers inherited Suarez too who is one of the greatest players this generation.

But Swansea and Celtic he left in better positions than he found them so I wouldn't say he's got history "at each club".

24 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

His first team signings have been: Justin, Perez, Tielemans (although I put that one down as Puel really), Praet, Castagne, Fofana, Daka, Soumare, Bertrand, Vestergaard.

That's 10 players. How many there are "stinkers"?  Two for me, three at a push. Certainly not half.

It's the lack of right winger that has cost him.

Castagne has been lauded since he's been here. Now having a poor season, in an under performing team, and he's suddenly shit. Sound. Simpson was a good defender but used to get criticized for not overlapping Mahrez.

Fofana has been talked up as the next big thing on here so when he comes back and hits poor form I'm expecting him to be compared to Matt Heath.

Simpson did his job as a bloody solid defender. That what Claudio wanted and got it. 

Have a look at your list and more than 3 there, on present form. And Tielemans definitely Puel. 

Just now, Fox92 said:

Yeah, I don't rate his job at Liverpool as a neutral. Some of his signings were shocking too (I know that's weird when I've just said back him here) but Klopp had to completely overhaul the squad to make them what they are today. Rodgers inherited Suarez too who is one of the greatest players this generation.

But Swansea and Celtic he left in better positions than he found them so I wouldn't say he's got history "at each club".

You can’t count the Celtic job as better, especially as they lost the league the following season

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Weren't entirely his signings - was that weird transfer committee they had at the time. 

Im not quite at the point of wanting Rodgers out. I would like him to stay as i have seen what our football can look like. However i am getting more and more frustrated at the 'we have more possession than you' constant passing it round the back approach. Its just boring.

It makes me laugh how we can hold the ball for X amount of minutes and rarely look like we can penetrate but as soon as the opposition push forward they slice through us like a hot knife through butter. We always seem to have the ball but its our goalkeeper who has had to make save after save after save. That makes no sense.

Now we are compounded with this dreadful run of conceding soft Set Piece goals. What is that all about. In all the years of watching/playing football i am still yet to see the massive benefit of zonal marking against simply marking your man. Also how many goals have we given away by simply not having a man on the post.

I am also convinced a huge amount of these set piece bullshit goals wouldn't have happened if Ward was in goal. Simply down to him never shying away from coming out and claiming the ball. I love Kasper and i wont begrudge him too much as he has been a great keeper for us and he still makes great saves but would Ward be a better overall option, rather than having Kasper who is a world class shot stopper but poor at being a commanding presence in his area.

I can take losing games of football, at the end of the day the opposing team are their to also win, but my god don't make is so bloody easy for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

This whole thread is really embarrasing.

That is an understatement. I can only imagine that much of this narrative comes from fans that are relatively new to supporting LCFC.  Yes, we have defensive issues, but we have three excellent defenders currently sidelined.  This will turnaround, but this nonsense about BR being sacked is farcical.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

That is an understatement. I can only imagine that much of this narrative comes from fans that are relatively new to supporting LCFC.  Yes, we have defensive issues, but we have three excellent defenders currently sidelined.  This will turnaround, but this nonsense about BR being sacked is farcical.

You sound very confident that he’ll turn it around but what are you basing it on?

I’m the exact opposite in that I think he should go because I don’t believe he can turn it around. I think the fact that we’re facing the same issues game after game shows that there’s no apparent willingness to change anything and this has been going since the latter half of last season… a long time!

I’m interested to hear the other half of the argument because I just can’t see it at the moment. 

Sadly I voted for him to go.  The issue being he is not solving or dealing with obvious problems. He has left players out and played others that are out of form.  That's not great for morale.  The fact he has said having JJ and Wes back will be like signing new players tells me he is banking on them coming back to solve all of the problems. That isn't going to happen.  We are getting worse and worse and I just can't see how he can turn it around.  If he really wanted to he would hire a set piece coach and bring in defensive coaches etc.  There are things that can be done but it's not happening. Why? Is it like admitting defeat for him?

The confidence is draining out of the team more and more every game.

Edited by Hales
  • Like 1

I wouldn't say a loss on Thursday is enough to warrant him being sacked. However, if we lose Thursday and don't beat Newcastle at home on Sunday, then I think it will be time for a change.

If by some miracle we beat both Napoli and Newcastle, I fear he may then be gone by the end of the year anyway. When you look at the remaining fixtures in December, it doesn't look great for us.

Spurs (H)

Everton (A)

Liverpool (A) (cup)

Man City (A)

Liverpool (H) 

interesting that the vote has gone in a v similar way to the last one but it seems to be taking longer for the stays to build a majority 

the multitude of ‘sack him’ are vociferous early. Many with their minds made up before yesterday’s performance.

fwiw, we actually put in a decent first half display for a change yesterday ….. and yet we should have gone in 1-2 because of our defensive frailties….. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mabbsy93 said:

I wouldn't say a loss on Thursday is enough to warrant him being sacked. However, if we lose Thursday and don't beat Newcastle at home on Sunday, then I think it will be time for a change.

If by some miracle we beat both Napoli and Newcastle, I fear he may then be gone by the end of the year anyway. When you look at the remaining fixtures in December, it doesn't look great for us.

Spurs (H)

Everton (A)

Liverpool (A) (cup)

Man City (A)

Liverpool (H) 

So getting through to the EL last 16, beating Newcastle followed by a failure to win against the list of clubs above will warrant him being sacked ……

Can’t see it ………

I cant honestly see who Leicester bring in who is better. We will also get a reputation for being a mediocre club who sacks managers that make us better than mediocre.Not great. 

Rodgers needs to have the balls to drop captain fantastic and Söyüncü who have both been an absolute liability. He also needs to stop Zonal marking.

21 minutes ago, Walkerfox said:

You sound very confident that he’ll turn it around but what are you basing it on?

I’m the exact opposite in that I think he should go because I don’t believe he can turn it around. I think the fact that we’re facing the same issues game after game shows that there’s no apparent willingness to change anything and this has been going since the latter half of last season… a long time!

I’m interested to hear the other half of the argument because I just can’t see it at the moment. 

I would be interested to hear how long you have been a Foxes Fan.  We have been adversely affected by injuries (mainly in defensive areas) for the past 18 months plus. This more than anything has impacted on the Team's performance.  Get all the players back and you will see things change.    One thing I do think may make a difference now is changing the Goalkeeping and Defensive coaches - it has gone stale and needs a re-think.   BR should give Huth a call to come take a look..

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So getting through to the EL last 16, beating Newcastle followed by a failure to win against the list of clubs above will warrant him being sacked ……

Can’t see it ………

perhaps not quite enough to be sacked, but lose those 4 league games in December and that could leave us dangerously close to the bottom 3.

I am still Rodgers in btw, but December's fixtures will seal his fate either way I think.

1 minute ago, mabbsy93 said:

perhaps not quite enough to be sacked, but lose those 4 league games in December and that could leave us dangerously close to the bottom 3.

I am still Rodgers in btw, but December's fixtures will seal his fate either way I think.

I just can't see it, the owners seem heavily invested in BR. I also wouldn't want him sacked, this perpetual cycle of sacking managers when things go a little downwards has to stop. Give them a chance, he's clearly a very good manager and we would (in my opinion) struggle to attract another manager of his calibre (especially knowing that certain players like Youri will be leaving in the summer)

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I would be interested to hear how long you have been a Foxes Fan.  We have been adversely affected by injuries (mainly in defensive areas) for the past 18 months plus. This more than anything has impacted on the Team's performance.  Get all the players back and you will see things change.    One thing I do think may make a difference now is changing the Goalkeeping and Defensive coaches - it has gone stale and needs a re-think.   BR should give Huth a call to come take a look..

Christ

How many more times are fans going to use the injury excuse by way of defending Rodgers?

1. lighten the training load if you get reoccurring injurues

2. sign decent back up players

Both of the above are Rodgers’ responsibility and ultimately his call to make

When it’s taken Maddison, Barnes, Youri and Ricky absolutely ages to get their form back after injury,  who’s to say these players coming back from injury now  will turn it around so quickly anyway? 

• Like 1

We live in a country with 2 political parties - there really is no choice.

We don’t live in a country / world where there are two football managers.

It drives me nuts reading “there’s no alternative” every other post…. There are lots of alternatives, they come with risk, just like keeping BR comes with risk! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I just can't see it, the owners seem heavily invested in BR. I also wouldn't want him sacked, this perpetual cycle of sacking managers when things go a little downwards has to stop. Give them a chance, he's clearly a very good manager and we would (in my opinion) struggle to attract another manager of his calibre (especially knowing that certain players like Youri will be leaving in the summer)

Why?

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Agreed Top seems to trust him to turn it around. And I hope he can also, as I also don't want us to become a club who often sacks managers.

However, I will say sometimes the 'calibre' of a manager is not the be all and end all. Sometimes a fresh voice is needed from someone who may not be of the same 'calibre' but gets a better tune out of the players.

As I say, I am still Rodgers in.