Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Post Villa game Vote in or sack for Rodgers

Rodgers in or sacked  

671 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers in or sacked

• In
    • Sack

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Christ

How many more times are fans going to use the injury excuse by way of defending Rodgers?

1. lighten the training load if you get reoccurring injurues

2. sign decent back up players

Both of the above are Rodgers’ responsibility and ultimately his call to make

When it’s taken Maddison, Barnes, Youri and Ricky absolutely ages to get their form back after injury,  who’s to say these players coming back from injury now  will turn it around so quickly anyway? 

Yes I'm quite sure Top and Rudkin just handover the cheque book and give the manager free rein to go and sign who they wants. Rodgers wanted more signings in his first two windows here but he didn't get them for various reasons. He wanted another CB when we sold slab head but the club didn't want to overpay for a replacement and ended up getting Ryan ****ing Bennet in on loan in January. He wanted a right winger last year but ended up with an unfit overweight Under after the club couldn't land their main targets. He wanted an attacking player last January window and got sod all. 

49 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Am i the only one that thought we played well yesterday?

First half was good.

Villa were no good.

Whatever Gerrard said clearly fired them up. It could have been 4-1 in the second half. They were better than us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gubbins said:

We're not gonna get all those players back fit and 100% any time soon though. It's more likely that when they do return wel just have a couple of different players out injured so I can't accept the wel be fine when our entire squad is fit excuse. Furthermore our defensive problems go far beyond a personnel issue. Replacing say Castagne and Soyuncu both of whom are competent international defenders with a couple of guys in their very early 20s, regardless of how good they are  for their age group, is not gonna magically fix things because its a system problem. 

I agree that things have gone stale but don't see why Rodgers should escape the fate you want for the goalkeeping and defensive (assuming we have one) coaches. The whole thing needs a rethink.

On the subject of Goal keeping, do Denmark have problems with set pieces? Kind of backs up there are indeed defensive coaching issues with Leicester.

1 hour ago, Walkerfox said:

I’ve been a fan since around 2003. I don’t really see the relevance though. Just because I’ve seen us be useless in the past (really, really useless in fact!) doesn’t mean that I can just shrug off when we’re doing bad now. 

I think it’s a big stretch pinning all your hopes on us being good again on injuries and injuries alone. Both JJ and Wes will take a long time to get back to their best and even then that’s only two players. Youri has only been gone a few games and we weren’t spectacular when he was fit. Same with Ricardo. I obviously hope your right but I just don’t see it as that simple. 

You MAY need to get some perspective. Do you know any Forest, Derby or Coventry fans that you can share your unhappiness with BR and the Leicester Team ?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I don't see an obvious replacement which is the main thing for him - maybe Rudi Garcia, maybe Lucien Favre. Ruben Amorim would be the dream and he was somebody we got linked to a year or so ago if Rodgers did leave, but I think we'd do incredibly well to pull it off now, he's won a league at a canter with largely the third wheel of the big three, looking like doing it again this year possibly (thumped Benfica away on Friday), all this following selling Bruno Fernandes. If we could get Amorim I'd do it.

But you'll notice that's not exactly an endorsement of Rodgers. When you're conceding the same goal over and over again that points to a massive flaw in the coaching. Whether there's been a falling out or what something is clearly not right. The defensive record is embarrassing. 2+ conceded in 10 out of 15 league games is it? Throw in 2 v Napoli and 3 v Spartak (!!!) for good measure. This is not a side that should be doing that. We are bailed out by the fact we've got quality going forward. We have three strikers who given the time could get 15+ in the league and that's something hardly anybody can say. We've got Maddison who for all his flaws does go on good runs and clearly has a talent. We've got Barnes who'll likely get us 10. We have firepower in this side. We should be doing far better.

What worries me most with Rodgers though is that I don't think he's the type to gradually improve a side. He will give a shot in the arm, he will raise the level almost immediately and that was evident massively in 2019 when he took a side being strangled by Puel's football off the leash and we looked deadly for large parts. Remember Liverpool in 2019/20? Won 26 of their first 27 games and I remember them being delighted when Norwich got a point here. Don't forget how good we looked at one point.

The fact we have gone from that to this, injuries and tougher schedule or not, is worrying and given we're at a pretty pivotal period regarding recruitment, I've not seen evidence that it's going to be fixed. This squad is better than this. We're 11th in a very clustered league, with a hard run coming up, we're on a knife edge regarding getting through what on paper is a very passable group. Napoli I can forgive but the other two? Absolutely no chance. If it wasn't such an expensive operation for us I think we'd have to seriously consider it. Sadly I'm thinking this season just peters out into nothingness - feels like bar the cups it's a write off already and I don't exactly expect us to pull up any trees in them either.

Considering how well Puel went down here, that would be a bad choice.

1 hour ago, mabbsy93 said:

Agreed. The most noticeable was Matty Cash, he didn't give Barnes a second to breathe in the second half, after a torrid first 45.

You could tell Gerrard had fired him up.

...Cash and Taggert were lynchpins in that team with Grealish pulling the strings!!!

Without those players as a solid foundation Grealish could not have been so successful. 

Which player in our team has Cash's mindset.....

If you go through the whole of our team you may find one player who meets the mindset. That is very much a big part of our problem, we are mentally and physically weak. We (the players) see the team as an elite bunch and our technical style of play and squad should be playing in one way.

Well the mindset and attitude comes first. They say you have to earn the right to play the way you want to, but we neither have the nerve or backbone to stand our ground.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

On the subject of Goal keeping, do Denmark have problems with set pieces? Kind of backs up there are indeed defensive coaching issues with Leicester.

I doubt it. The thing with kaspar is that he has never been particularly brilliant from corners in his 10 years here. It's not like he's massively changed what he does recently. Yet we've slowly deteriorated defending corners since Rodgers came in with his zonal marking til we've now reached a frankly unprecedented level of incompetence. Opposition know what to do and target this glaring weakness. If Rodgers can't stop this, and it really shouldn't be that hard to do, then we've simply got to get rid of him as it's far to constant and  basic a weakness for any team to have.

Over the past few months, there’s been clusters of fixtures that have shown that Rodgers has been incapable of improving us.

From the first game against Spartak, up until the Leeds United game, we won 3 out of 6. In those fixtures, performances were still lacklustre and the same constant problems were still occurring.

We then had Chelsea, a game that is usually considered as a free hit, we weren’t expected to win, but being completely outclassed was frustrating to watch.

Then came another run of fixtures, similar to what we had between Spartak to Leeds. Our past four games on paper have all been winnable, we’ve won 2 out of 4, yet again however performances have been somewhat lacklustre. Despite putting three past Legia and four past Watford, the same defensive problems still occurred in those games, that being the lack of organisation from defence to midfield, numerous times in those games we were left far too open, better teams would have picked us off and scored more goals past us. 

Whether it’s set piece defending, or a lack of organisation between defence and midfield, the same problems keep on occurring and are yet to be rectified. The problem is, as we all know, this is nothing new, it’s been like this all season.

Those saying who can we get that’s better than Rodgers... I don’t think it’s necessarily about getting someone better, what we need is someone who has certain credentials, someone who is a motivator, someone who expects a certain level from our players, someone who can organise a defence, Rodgers continues to show he doesn’t fit any of those credentials.

Edited by kingfox
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

I doubt it. The thing with kaspar is that he has never been particularly brilliant from corners in his 10 years here. It's not like he's massively changed what he does recently. Yet we've slowly deteriorated defending corners since Rodgers came in with his zonal marking til we've now reached a frankly unprecedented level of incompetence. Opposition know what to do and target this glaring weakness. If Rodgers can't stop this, and it really shouldn't be that hard to do, then we've simply got to get rid of him as it's far to constant and  basic a weakness for any team to have.

.. Daka playing an attacker on failing to push up is perhaps the reason players are not put on posts!!!

1 hour ago, turlo said:

Injuries were only a valid reason while Rodgers was in favour with the Fan base. Now he's falling out of favour injuries are just an excuse, finishing 5th for two seasons was a complete failure, he not improved any players in his time here and the FA Cup was a lucky win with a squad that should've won it anyway. 

For a manager considered to be 'elite' and the media would suggest he 'ticks all the boxes' for MU his CV after the last few matches must have gone through the shredder. Even he must feel embarrassed when the Sky commentator states jokingly when Leicester concede a corner its followed by a goal.

The defence coach he works with either does not have a clue or if he does the players don't understand him. 

Surely its not rocket science to go back to basic defending and discover after the first 3-4 games in the season why our defending is so bad, but to play 15 games with absolutely no improvement is down to the coaching staff. Drastic changes in positions or players is now ell past the point of a joke. 

The opposition know exactly how to play us as was clearly demonstrated yesterday, Villa I suspect were looking for as many fouls as possible in the Leicester half to get a set piece play where they knew we are vunerable.

• Like 1

Time for a few fresh face in the coaching setup? 

We have a goal keeping coach Stowell and Touré who seems to work with the defensive unit, you have to argue maybe we need to be looking at both and bringing in better. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

On 03/10/2021 at 09:25, hejammy said:

The English language is a funny old thing. Especially when the Leicester Mercury use it. 

Screenshot_20211003-092150__01.jpg

19 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Funny how we post these polls after a defeat… 

Yes, sometimes I think we have the worst supporters in the land.

We must keep BR, but Kasper has been dreadful this season. Time for him to move on, methinks.

16 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

that would actually mean he sees something wrong, which from what I can tell he thinks they are fine, as hes only just starting to realise that we have a set piece problem, 

the guy needs a reality check atm, arrogance, pride and ego getting in the way with him at times too

Put it this way…I’d be very surprised if what we hear in post-match interviews is what he’s telling the players 

He’s not stupid - he knows things are wrong. He’s just not going to spell it all out in depth on Radio Leicester 

At least…that’s what I sincerely hope! 

Guest Kopfkino
5 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

We're 11th, 5 points from European places

You’re not wrong, means we’ll probably be 12-13 points from the European places come the end of the season.

Teams that are 11th after 15 games don’t tend to get much better cos there’s a reason they’re there. It’s slightly arbitrary focusing on a position but only one team that has been 11th after 15 games has finished in the top half since we came back up. And that was Stoke finishing 9th.

7th is still possible sure but I think I’d rather miss our than so the Conference League. Top 6 is pretty much needing 2 points a game now. We may be missing some good calibre of player who will come back and make us stronger but it’s probably not coming soon enough even if they do make a huge difference 

At this point, it’s really whether you want to trust that Brendan can rebuild for another push next year. For me, I would be happily let him do that if I could see any sign of improvement in the problems that have dogged us for months. But there’s absolutely no signs atm.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Time for a few fresh face in the coaching setup? 

We have a goal keeping coach Stowell and Touré who seems to work with the defensive unit, you have to argue maybe we need to be looking at both and bringing in better. 

I think this should be Plan A.  The current defensive coaching is obviously not working which then impacts everything else on the pitch as we are chasing the games pretty much every match. Rogers knows this needs. So lets try new coaches with new ideas first, before hanging the entire management Team.  BR is guilty of remaining too loyal - may be?

• Like 4

Each time we win I see nothing but praise on this forum, and each time we loose I see nothing but scorn for the manager the majority of players and the coaching staff.

Ok things are not going our way at the moment and we have had one of the worst injury periods that I can remember, win our next game and mark my words the negatives on this forum will become positives again.

l am in my 70s and have supported this club all my life through the good times and the bad and will continue to do so, it saddens me to see so many part time amateur armchair managers.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I am absolutely astonished by those who want Rodgers gone. Those who think our malaise is just down to one person defies all logic. 

No doubt, they'll be saying we want new owners next!!

:appl:You are probably correct there, after calls for binning off Susan, Rudders and the Head Grounds man.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

You’re not wrong, means we’ll probably be 12-13 points from the European places come the end of the season.

Teams that are 11th after 15 games don’t tend to get much better cos there’s a reason they’re there. It’s slightly arbitrary focusing on a position but only one team that has been 11th after 15 games has finished in the top half since we came back up. And that was Stoke finishing 9th.

7th is still possible sure but I think I’d rather miss our than so the Conference League. Top 6 is pretty much needing 2 points a game now. We may be missing some good calibre of player who will come back and make us stronger but it’s probably not coming soon enough even if they do make a huge difference 

At this point, it’s really whether you want to trust that Brendan can rebuild for another push next year. For me, I would be happily let him do that if I could see any sign of improvement in the problems that have dogged us for months. But there’s absolutely no signs atm.

City have gained just 23 points from their last 20 PL games. If you average that out over the entire season, we're on target for 44 points by the end of it. In other words, we could be looking at a position no better than 15th. Having said that, I don't have a crystal ball, but then neither does anyone else on FT, so who knows what the future holds? 

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

41 out of available 88. That's on average. Some stretch. Albeit I think it might be a little lower this year given the competitive nature

7 hours ago, mozartfox said:

That is an understatement. I can only imagine that much of this narrative comes from fans that are relatively new to supporting LCFC.  Yes, we have defensive issues, but we have three excellent defenders currently sidelined.  This will turnaround, but this nonsense about BR being sacked is farcical.

No I'm afraid not . I've been supporting this club since the late 50's through all the ups and downs and if anything I know when there is something very wrong. And there is something very wrong. Defensive issues is an understatement. Ask where the defensive issues are coming from , and it's obviously not just the defenders but obviously the tactics being used. We had and still have three excellent defenders who are playing at present, the same defenders that won us the F.A cup , so again ask why they are now such a liability?

Mark my words this will not " turn" around , the rot is too deep set.

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU
  • Like 3