Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Post Villa game Vote in or sack for Rodgers

Rodgers in or sacked  

671 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers in or sacked

• In
    • Sack

Just now, TrentFox said:

In all seriousness, this feels like the Pleat era - pretty, if ineffectual, football going forwards, and a total shambles in defence. Better players, higher level, but same overall manager impact. 😞

Did you watch the first half? Go and have a look and come back.

Shambles in defence at set pieces agreed but we created a lot of chances so don't think ineffectual is fair

1 minute ago, Hitesh said:

Did you watch the first half? Go and have a look and come back.

Shambles in defence at set pieces agreed but we created a lot of chances so don't think ineffectual is fair

Yes. I watched every second of it. And the majority of seconds this season. And overall, it’s “pretty, but ineffectual”. Not just today. But who would even begin to consider a manager’s influence based on just a 45 minute showing? Maybe you should go and watch a few more 45 minute blocks? 🤔

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan

I think we need to make a change. We may think we are languishing in mid table but relegation won’t be based on where we are now, it’ll be about how we are playing. And that’s not been good for many months 

We keep doing the same things week in, week out which suggests either Rodgers don’t know how to fix it, or the players ain’t listening. Either way, there’s clearly a problem going on

I look at it this way: who, genuinely thought we’d win today? And this was against a very very ordinary Villa side. In the second half we just capitulated really. If it wasn’t for their rank finishing it’d have been a very heavy defeat 

I am “in” 

but it’s things like making a sub for Lookman, who was a ghost for Vardy and putting Daka on the wing, only to sub on Perez for Daka 10 mins later to play the wing… what is that? 

Then KDH who played a great half but was lost in possession in the 2nd and subs for Ihenacho… 

why not just make the formation shift right away bring on Perez & Nacho at the same time for two up front then swap Daka for Vardy.

The 10 mins with Daka on the wing we looked lost.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Who next though? 

There is only 1 option. KLOPP.

On a side note, anyone interested in some Canadian legal weed? Not selling, just wondering what the market is for it on here.

Edited by Jattdogg

10 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

I think people need to be careful what they wish for when voting to sack Rodgers. Short term mentality

He's had several years to solve the same problems caused by his zonal brand of defending. Whether he needed to sell players that can't get on board or whatever it should have been solved by now and clearly hasn't.

Where's the short sightedness in that?

The only reason I'd still keep him until the end of the season now is the lack of viable alternatives that are currently available. 

• Like 3

He's under contract for 3-1/2 more years at a figure close to 10M per annum.  Paying much of that off, plus his coaches could burn a full window's worth of net spend.

If I were Top I'd have a come-to-Jesus meeting.  If he has to change coaches, if he has to bench his captain for a time, I'd tell him to man up and get on with it.

And I'd tell him to pull out all the stops to try to win at Napoli.  (a) that would be a positive shock to the system and (b) we need the cash.

• Like 1

I voted sack and it is not a knee jerk reaction. Here are my reasons why.

I have not been happy for a while now at the way we play. We get the ball all the way up and then go back to keeper. I feel we pass side to side and back all the time in the hope that we score from the handful of chances that style gains. That works with a team of very high quality players but we are not top 4 in terms of player quality.

I do not think zonal marking works with defenders that simply cannot zonal mark. We find too many players completely unmarked while defenders are getting in each others way. 

We constantly play out from the back when players lack the ability to do so all the time. We used to do so well nicking one every now and then but now we insist on slow sideways and backwards play. We have played this way so long that players have now forgotten how to shoot properly.

He might be a good manager but he does not play a style of game that I like to watch.

Players like Ndidi used to run forward with the ball and pick out some great passes, We cant string a decent couple of passes together at all now they all just get cut out. How many times when we play out from the back are our players facing our goal and therefore the first thinking is pass back. Watch Ndidi and see that most of his passes are back or sideways. It is like we do all the work and get the ball up there then go all the way back and start it again. Just get it in the box more and let the strikers have a few more chances to score.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Hate to say it, but sack.

This isn't a knee jerk reaction.

It's based on the fact that he's done nothing to address set-piece frailty.

As said on another thread, we have to score a minimum of 3 goals to win a game. That's not sustainable. 

If I cocked up every time I went to work, especially making the same mistake repeatedly, I'd be sacked.

I have to agree. He can't repeatedly cost us games week in week out through his inability to change a flaw in our defensive set up and continue his job here. 

In any line of work if you cock up repeatedly and don't show any signs of learning your lesson or attempting to improve then you will be out of the door. 

Rodgers problem is that he is too stubborn to change.

There is no reason to sack him. We are not in imminent relegation danger so we do not need the new manager bounce. He has done well consistently for 3 years so it is different to the Ranieri situation who looked like a one season wonder. Also there is a lack of better options. There are massive problems at the moment but we have to think that this is the man to sort them out. Don’t forget that the European games make life very difficult for a club of our size and I believe we can recover from this and have a strong season next year with European football looking unlikely.

Edited by fox in the sox

2 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

There is no reason to sack him. We are not in imminent relegation danger so we do not need the new manager bounce. He has done well consistently for 3 years so it is different to the Ranieri situation so looked like a one season wonder. Also there is a lack of better options. There are massive problems at the moment but we have to think that this is the man to sort them out. Don’t forget that the European games make life very difficult for a club of our size and I believe we can recover from this and have a strong season next year with European football looking unlikely.

He doesn't sort it out. 10 goals conceded from set pieces in the last 15 games. The European games have been difficult because he has cocked them up. We couldnt of got an easier group. Look at west ham and compare them to us. 

• Like 2