Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Post Villa game Vote in or sack for Rodgers

Rodgers in or sacked  

671 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers in or sacked

• In
    • Sack

"In".

Because we will end up with some pranny who has managed Watford for a month, or Big Sam or Steve Bruce.

I don't like what we are seeing on the pitch, either, but if it could only turn the performances a quarter of a click, we could do some serious damage.

We score plenty of goals.

Just gotta stop conceding them weakly,  weekly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fox in the sox said:

There is no reason to sack him. We are not in imminent relegation danger so we do not need the new manager bounce. He has done well consistently for 3 years so it is different to the Ranieri situation so looked like a one season wonder. Also there is a lack of better options. There are massive problems at the moment but we have to think that this is the man to sort them out. Don’t forget that the European games make life very difficult for a club of our size and I believe we can recover from this and have a strong season next year with European football looking unlikely.

Well we're on course to concede 69 goals if we stay as we are, that will see us flirting with relegation. I don't currently see any evidence to suggest that he'll stop the slide. The last time we were relegated we conceded 65.

West Ham seem to be doing O.K with the extra games.

Sometimes managers and players just reach the end of the road together, they get bored of each other, I think we might be reaching that point.

• Like 1

Keep him but send him on a 2 week holiday and get in a defensive coach to train us for 2 weeks solid to defend set pieces. Then let him come back and tell him he's got a lovely tan and not to go meddling with the set piece defence.

Win / Win / Win. (I have no idea why there are three parties to this).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, adam said:

He doesn't sort it out. 10 goals conceded from set pieces in the last 15 games. The European games have been difficult because he has cocked them up. We couldnt of got an easier group. Look at west ham and compare them to us. 

His 2 5th place finishes and F A Cup win are more than anything West Ham have achieved in recent years. I agree that they look better organised than us at the moment but let’s see if they can keep it up for a full season if they stay in Europe.

Also don’t forget that all these sides playing in Europe are decent outfits.

11 minutes ago, SkegnessSteve said:

I voted sack and it is not a knee jerk reaction. Here are my reasons why.

I have not been happy for a while now at the way we play. We get the ball all the way up and then go back to keeper. I feel we pass side to side and back all the time in the hope that we score from the handful of chances that style gains. That works with a team of very high quality players but we are not top 4 in terms of player quality.

I do not think zonal marking works with defenders that simply cannot zonal mark. We find too many players completely unmarked while defenders are getting in each others way. 

We constantly play out from the back when players lack the ability to do so all the time. We used to do so well nicking one every now and then but now we insist on slow sideways and backwards play. We have played this way so long that players have now forgotten how to shoot properly.

He might be a good manager but he does not play a style of game that I like to watch.

Players like Ndidi used to run forward with the ball and pick out some great passes, We cant string a decent couple of passes together at all now they all just get cut out. How many times when we play out from the back are our players facing our goal and therefore the first thinking is pass back. Watch Ndidi and see that most of his passes are back or sideways. It is like we do all the work and get the ball up there then go all the way back and start it again. Just get it in the box more and let the strikers have a few more chances to score.

The ndidi point is so valid, He used to be so confident in  possession, cheeky dribbles and straight passes out the line, now everything goes either back to the CBs or to castagne, its like the team doesn't trust him to bring the ball from the back or to find someone upfront, and time and time again when he has done it occasionally this season, he has been absolutely woeful with it, i don't think its a coincedence players like cags, ndidi, castagne and even evans are having a bad period, i'm sorry but when half the team isn't playing as well as you know they can, it then begs the question, is there something completely amiss with the coaching team?, Ndidi can't make a forward pass anymore!, it was never that bad, evans can't control the defense anymore, it was never that bad, castagne was the our best defensive full back, he looks like he's lost right now, soyuncu is getting turned out every game. I refuse to believe its the players anymore.

Also which team in the history of football has ever gone ahead to bench its previous season highest goal scorer in all competitions. Brendan is the stubbornest coach i've ever come across in my lifetime, and i hope people see him from the fraud he is. Can't believe he almost bagged a utd job a few weeks ago

• Like 3

Lack of viable options to replace him is a fair point. 

The cost to sack him and his team would be incredibly costly is also a fair point. However the cost of relegation (which isn't inconceivable given our wretched form and defensive record) would cost way more than sacking him and his team. 

Him having credit in the bank for the fa Cup win isn't a valid point either. He's one of the highest paid managers in the league and he, his staff and his players are massively under performing with no real signs we will improve. 

If things don't improve by the start of Jan (and I really don't think they will) then Top has a serious decision to make. 

At least with Ranieri after the title win we were good in Europe. We might be top of the group but we have been hideous in Europe and the draw with Spartak and defeat to Legia were embarrassing. We don't actually deserve to qualify and I'm not convinced we will get a result in Naples. 

6 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

Well we're on course to concede 69 goals if we stay as we are, that will see us flirting with relegation. I don't currently see any evidence to suggest that he'll stop the slide. The last time we were relegated we conceded 65.

West Ham seem to be doing O.K with the extra games.

Sometimes managers and players just reach the end of the road together, they get bored of each other, I think we might be reaching that point.

If the number of goals being conceded is going to lead to relegation surely we would be in the relegation places now. They are being offset by the goals scored and our quality attacking play today suggests the goals will keep coming.

Also don’t forget we are joint 10th despite all the problems, this would still be an excellent finishing position.

7 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

His 2 5th place finishes and F A Cup win are more than anything West Ham have achieved in recent years. I agree that they look better organised than us at the moment but let’s see if they can keep it up for a full season if they stay in Europe.

Also don’t forget that all these sides playing in Europe are decent outfits.

Apart from napoli the other 2 sides in our group are piss poor. Like I said we couldn't have wished for easier opposition. He has 2 5th place finishes but if we are being honest they should off been 4th placed but he couldnt turn it around. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

"In".

Because we will end up with some pranny who has managed Watford for a month, or Big Sam or Steve Bruce.

I don't like what we are seeing on the pitch, either, but if it could only turn the performances a quarter of a click, we could do some serious damage.

We score plenty of goals.

Just gotta stop conceding them weakly,  weekly.

He’s only interested in money.  He doesn’t give a flying about any team he’s managed. 
he wants a pay off and move on to the next cash cow… he’s had plenty of time to sort this crap out… Villa are garbage and we are going down Hill fast… Some people need to open their eyes… it’s embarrassing..

• Like 3

Just now, Genesis1 said:

It's all good saying get rid but there's very little out there to come in. Potentially Frank Lampard and Zidane are the only ones we know little about to actually be excited, the rest our mid/lower table managers and we need to be moving on from that.

I'm not too confident we will get Zidane. He could probably still get in the side but he isn't coming here to manage us. 

• Haha 2

Those wanting him out must be off their rocker!

He goes and who comes in?? Yes, bang average start to the season, but we’re Leicester City… it’s not always going to be like the last two/three seasons. With Rodgers in charge, our current standing and performances are the absolute floor. IMO under Rodgers, we would not be in a worse position than this. Sack him and get another Puel in, we risk losing everything the club has worked so hard to build.

Keep the faith!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, An Away Move said:

Next game is huge. If we lose against Newcastle and don’t get anything from Liverpool or Man City he could be toast based on our league position. Ranieri season two territory. 

It's pretty obvious we won't get a thing from Liverpool and man City. Could be a cricket score with how we defend. Napoli will be far too strong for us as well. 

Just now, eddylcfc said:

He goes and who comes in?? Yes, bang average start to the season, but we’re Leicester City… it’s not always going to be like the last two/three seasons. With Rodgers in charge, our current standing and performances are the absolute floor. IMO under Rodgers, we would not be in a worse position than this. Sack him and get another Puel in, we risk losing everything the club has worked so hard to build.

Keep the faith!

We pay managers 10 million a year. I'm sure we will find someone. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

If the number of goals being conceded is going to lead to relegation surely we would be in the relegation places now. They are being offset by the goals scored and our quality attacking play today suggests the goals will keep coming.

Also don’t forget we are joint 10th despite all the problems, this would still be an excellent finishing position.

I wish I had your confidence that we won't be in danger. With Spurs, Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd still to play on their own grounds it will only get worse. 

Just now, Vestan Pance said:

I wish I had your confidence that we won't be in danger. With Spurs, Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd still to play on their own grounds it will only get worse. 

I hate to think how many we will concede at liverpool and man City.

3 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

Keep the faith!

Billy Smarts available. Or one of his clowns…

how many weeks now have people been saying the same Shyte.

We went for the wrong Glasgow based manager. That’s  Leicester…