Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Post Villa game Vote in or sack for Rodgers

Rodgers in or sacked  

671 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers in or sacked

• In
    • Sack

12 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I didn’t say anyone would be better, I said there’s dozens of managers who could improve us 

I’m sitting on the fence here and asking you to name dozens - that’s over 24 - managers that are available and would be willing to join Leicester that would improve us.

2 hours ago, Bezzanator89 said:

This time 5 months ago, we were FA Cup winners, and ended winning the Community Shield a month later. Did you see this coming in the summer?

No but Rodgers hasn't seen how shite we are defending and in particular set pieces and he gets payed for this .in my job in retail if I don't stack shelves and that is my job what is the point of me working there I would be sacked

Not sure about anyone else on here, but I've not heard or read of one journalist/pundit even suggest that Rodgers is close to losing his job.

Yes he's being criticized in the press, but I've not heard anyone in the game say his time is up here or that he needs replacing. 

We can bitch and moan all we want but I think he's here to stay unless we seriously get dragged into a relegation battle Feb/March which I don't think we will.

Maybe we'll just have to be patient and settle for this season of mediocrity then see what happens in the summer.

• Like 3

Just now, Izzy said:

Not sure about anyone else on here, but I've not heard or read of one journalist/pundit even suggest that Rodgers is close to losing his job.

Yes he's being criticized in the press, but I've not heard anyone in the game say his time is up here or that he needs replacing. 

We can bitch and moan all we want but I think he's here to stay unless we seriously get dragged into a relegation battle Feb/March which I don't think we will.

Maybe we'll just have to be patient and settle for this season of mediocrity then see what happens in the summer.

Percy hinted last weekend that the form had been noted within the club. That’s the first time I’ve read anything of that nature 

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

The media seem to have a different narrative...   Madison is back... rodgers is an elite coach... leicester are where they should be.

Yet we watch this week in week out.  What I see is unacceptable.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Thanks 1

I'm very torn on this, similar to ranieri. You hope he can turn it around and want to give him time because he has delivered us great success, and some of the football during his time has been exceptional.

I saw him give an interview with sky a couple of months ago and he talked about how he enjoys working with the young players and what he wants to achieve for Leicester and there seemed to be no big headedness and a genuine wish to make us the best we can be. I just thought he's a great manager to have and perfect for where we are as a club right now.

The problem is that we have been in a downward spiral for the most of 2021, you can count the number of good performances on one hand. The FA cup and community shield wins were amazing and he's deserves so much for these but they've been surrounded really abject performances on a consistent basis. Most of the time he's perfectly honest post match and identifies straight away what we did wrong, the problem is that it doesn't seem to be stopping.

The errors are so basic that's it's laughable, teams don't even need to produce a good well worked move or passage of play. Just lump it into the box and wait for the mistake.

I think its too early at the moment to let him go but I think we're in for a very average season, which I can accept given our recent success, if we were just above the bottom 3 I'd pull the trigger but we're not quite there yet.

Our inability to keep a clean sheet is a joke, even when the opposition look garbage, they still manage to score with their only shot on target, it needs sorting but nothing seems to be improving, our home form in 2021 has been atrocious and I can see the god awful Newcastle walking away with all 3 points and messing the europa league up despite somehow being in prime position. If so the pressure will start to pile, with the tough fixtures coming up I can see him gone by the end of the year unless there is a drastic turn around which we so desperately need and what I want to see for him stay and contiune the journey! Not looking good though!

• Like 3

The only thing you can be 100% sure of is that he doesn't seem to care that much. No fire or determination. No willingness to change things. Our 2021 form has been appalling for a squad this talented. I fear his compensation package is so attractive that it's win win for him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

The media seem to have a different narrative...   Madison is back... rodgers is an elite coach... leicester are where they should be.

Yeah I agree. I think most in the media and certainly fans of other clubs think we're lucky to have him.

I mean we still get pelters from other supporters for sacking Ranieri so imagine the back lash and piss take we'd get for sacking Rodgers.

I guess the difference is expectations and ours are clearly higher of ourselves than the rest of the football worlds expectations of us it seems.

Anyone who is upset we didn’t get top four and class that as a failure and/or belittle winning a cup it took 137 years to win can get in the sea as far as I’m concerned.

Yeah be angry at the performances this year and the fact we need to score at least three times to win a game, but don’t try and put two of the four most successful seasons in the history of our club in the ‘failure’ narrative many are trying to build up.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Yeah I agree. I think most in the media and certainly fans of other clubs think we're lucky to have him.

I mean we still get pelters from other supporters for sacking Ranieri so imagine the back lash and piss take we'd get for sacking Rodgers.

I guess the difference is expectations and ours are clearly higher of ourselves than the rest of the football worlds expectations of us it seems.

We have high expectations because we see the clubs buying better players...  we want to be tol six...  top wants it.... but right now the organisation is awful

Just now, Izzy said:

The fact we're moaning about not challenging for Europe is frankly ridiculous, imagine thinking that just 6 years ago.

And I don't mean to come across as sounding entitled, because we aren't, we work hard for where we've reached.

But...its the same story every single game now.

There are major issues. And that's fine.

What isn't fine is that it's the same issue every bloody time.

I don't even want to watch when we concede a set-piece.

We all know it, surely the players and management do, but they don't do anything about it.

It's absolutely ridiculous. 

I hate saying we've over-achieved in the last few years, because we haven't, the league table doesn't lie.

What saddens me is not being able to progress or maintain what we've done, because ultimately, it means the likes of Tielemans, Ndidi and Fofana will move on.

I'm so torn at the minute. I'll be there whatever, but I'm seriously beginning to doubt if Rodgers is the man for us anymore.

People saying these threads pop up after a defeat, let's look at last Sunday...we made it hard for ourselves and Watford could/should have scored at least 2 more than they did.

It just isn't good enough right now.

• Like 1

Sack - football has been crap for ages. I had to swallow a bit of pride when we won the FA Cup, never thought it would happen. But I’ve hated the football for a while now, and this 18 months of not being able to defend set pieces is beyond the joke. 
Go tonight 

• Thanks 1