Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Post Villa game Vote in or sack for Rodgers

Rodgers in or sacked  

671 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers in or sacked

• In
    • Sack

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

We have high expectations because we see the clubs buying better players...  we want to be tol six...  top wants it.... but right now the organisation is awful

Most clubs wants top 6 though, we're no different.

Yes we're buying better players but so is everyone else. And our transfer budget is miniscule compared to the big 6.

Just because we all want it doesn't mean it's guaranteed. There's another 19 teams in the PL and most are just as ambitious as we are.

8 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Anyone who is upset we didn’t get top four and class that as a failure and/or belittle winning a cup it took 137 years to win can get in the sea as far as I’m concerned.

Yeah be angry at the performances this year and the fact we need to score at least three times to win a game, but don’t try and put two of the four most successful seasons in the history of our club in the ‘failure’ narrative many are trying to build up.

3 hours ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Polls like this shouldn't be allowed to happen. Very much knee-jerk reactions mere minutes after a defeat. Post them the morning after when people have slept on it

Sorry but this is knee jerk reaction.This as been coming for months. Been playing rubbish for a long long time

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

I’m sorry but the 5th places were not amazing as we bottled 4th twice 

And a lot of contenders collectively had brain farts and/or key injuries (like Liverpool missing Van Dyke). We were in the right place at the right time to profit from this and but for poor ends to both seasons (and badly timed inuries ourselves), we'd have secured 4th place. 

What has been apparent since last Christmas is that Rodgers cannot work out how to fix our problem and has recruited poorly. Congerton equally to blame. Rodgers has form for this 3rd year malaise. He is too stubborn to take corrective action that would expose his previous decisions as poor, so he soldiers on in the hope of something changing. It won't. It really won't. He will be gone after the season ends and only before if we're threatened with relegation. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, nigelbee said:

2 top 5 finishes and THE FA cup - bliss! Rogers is afforded one mediocre season in my opinion, however frustrating it may seem at the moment.  

Fair post. And I agree. But it's hard not to feel we're going backwards long term. Best players won't want to stay and we'll struggle to attract similar replacements. Just a bit gutting after so much progress.

• Like 1

Just now, leicesterseddon said:

He’s earned the right to turn things around. 

Sacking a manager at this point in the season is only ever justified in a relegation scrap. 

I don’t think there is a better alternative available to us right now. 

So I’m Rogers in. But he has to start making changes. 

Weve been waiting for him to turn it around for weeks. Villa sacked their manager for doing just as bad as Rodgers is doing. Tottenham sacked theirs. But we should give him time because you never no he might turn it around. 

1 minute ago, leicesterseddon said:

He’s earned the right to turn things around. 

Sacking a manager at this point in the season is only ever justified in a relegation scrap. 

I don’t think there is a better alternative available to us right now. 

So I’m Rogers in. But he has to start making changes. 

that would actually mean he sees something wrong, which from what I can tell he thinks they are fine, as hes only just starting to realise that we have a set piece problem, 

the guy needs a reality check atm, arrogance, pride and ego getting in the way with him at times too

In, just. I think the cost and the uncertainty is probably just too much right now.

But the way we defend is putting far too much pressure on the attack to produce the goods each game. We cannot keep having to score 2 or 3 just to take a point. He could do with shaking up the coaching staff too, a new voice is badly required.

In. He's said that he's going to rip up the set piece structure and start again. It's damning it's taken until now to do so, but his record with us means I'm willing to give him until the end of the season to get it right. 

I also want to say the players are awful too. Cags has such a weak mentality. Hard for a coach to get rid of that entirely. 

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

"In".

Because we will end up with some pranny who has managed Watford for a month, or Big Sam or Steve Bruce.

I don't like what we are seeing on the pitch, either, but if it could only turn the performances a quarter of a click, we could do some serious damage.

We score plenty of goals.

Just gotta stop conceding them weakly,  weekly.

Or Frank Lampard

:ph34r:

As embarrassing as our performances have been at tines this season, those making posts like this, or even voting for Rodgers out, are even more embarrassing, and show how unrealistic some of our entitled fans are.

Thank goodness none of you lot are in charge.

Yes there are plenty of defensive issues that need addressing (and should have already been addressed better by now), but those who think we'll get someone better in as a replacement manager, are really just fooling themselves!

I've not seen anyone suggest a single realistic alternative who is a better manager than Rodgers is. 

We need to stop the rot at the back, we need to get a few clean sheets under our belt,  but there is still plenty of time to turn this around, and Tielmans and Justin should be back soon and hopefully Forfana and Ricardo won't be far behind too, and they should (I hope) help to make things more secure at the back if nothing else.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

I’m still very much Rodgers in but some of his post match comments are starting to get me worried. “In the main we have defended fairly well but we’ve given away really really poor goals recently”………laughable comment really. 

I suppose telling the defenders they are crap is a little bit more demoralizing than saying they have made bad mistakes…

14 minutes ago, Flappit said:

And a lot of contenders collectively had brain farts and/or key injuries (like Liverpool missing Van Dyke). We were in the right place at the right time to profit from this and but for poor ends to both seasons (and badly timed inuries ourselves), we'd have secured 4th place. 

What has been apparent since last Christmas is that Rodgers cannot work out how to fix our problem and has recruited poorly. Congerton equally to blame. Rodgers has form for this 3rd year malaise. He is too stubborn to take corrective action that would expose his previous decisions as poor, so he soldiers on in the hope of something changing. It won't. It really won't. He will be gone after the season ends and only before if we're threatened with relegation. 

and who got Congerton appointed? you can't blame injuries on us bottling it in my opinion as we had many winnable games to secure top four but we didn't even turn up, even the last game of the season we had 15mins to go at 2-1 to gain champions league and we bottled it massively 

4 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

As embarrassing as our performances have been at tines this season, those making posts like this, or even voting for Rodgers out, are even more embarrassing, and show how unrealistic some of our entitled fans are.

Thank goodness none of you lot are in charge.

Yes there are plenty of defensive issues that need addressing (and should have already been addressed better by now), but those who think we'll get someone better in as a replacement manager, are really just fooling themselves!

I've not seen anyone suggest a single realistic alternative who is a better manager than Rodgers is. 

We need to stop the rot at the back, we need to get a few clean sheets under our belt,  but there is still plenty of time to turn this around, and Tielmans and Justin should be back soon and hopefully Forfana and Ricardo won't be far behind too, and they should (I hope) help to make things more secure at the back if nothing else.

He's getting paid 10 million quid a year. The only thing that's embarrassing is that we are paying a bloke that much who can't get the basics right. 

• Like 1