Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Post Villa game Vote in or sack for Rodgers

Rodgers in or sacked  

671 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers in or sacked

• In
    • Sack

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

I suppose telling the defenders they are crap is a little bit more demoralizing than saying they have made bad mistakes…

Don’t have to lay the blame solely on the defenders, the problem is more the team as a whole not defending well with lack of intensity and pressing. It would of been perfectly reasonable for him to come out and say the team as a whole didn’t defend well during the second half especially. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

As embarrassing as our performances have been at tines this season, those making posts like this, or even voting for Rodgers out, are even more embarrassing, and show how unrealistic some of our entitled fans are.

Thank goodness none of you lot are in charge.

Yes there are plenty of defensive issues that need addressing (and should have already been addressed better by now), but those who think we'll get someone better in as a replacement manager, are really just fooling themselves!

I've not seen anyone suggest a single realistic alternative who is a better manager than Rodgers is. 

We need to stop the rot at the back, we need to get a few clean sheets under our belt,  but there is still plenty of time to turn this around, and Tielmans and Justin should be back soon and hopefully Forfana and Ricardo won't be far behind too, and they should (I hope) help to make things more secure at the back if nothing else.

Proper post from someone who has supported our beloved club for a long time.....

• Haha 1

I’d give him until the new year but if we continue conceding from set pieces then I’d let him go. I love BR and I love what he’s down for us but he’s not learning and that’s criminal. We need a manager who will come in and be ready to learn from mistakes not continue to allow them to happen. 

37 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Most clubs wants top 6 though, we're no different.

Yes we're buying better players but so is everyone else. And our transfer budget is miniscule compared to the big 6.

Just because we all want it doesn't mean it's guaranteed. There's another 19 teams in the PL and most are just as ambitious as we are.

Agree. But that's what fans hope for and then get frustrated when it looks further away than ever.

(Maybe some, like me,  just see us getting worse which us also frustrating)

I suppose the board have a bit of a conundrum… they’ll either have to back him in January or get rid… but if they do that, they might have to back someone else in January… either way, this might be an expensive January for our owners.. 

I think it’s time to change but it will probably cheaper for us to hire:

A new defensive coach

A new set piece coach

A new attacking coach

A new motivation coach

A new tactic coach

A new “assistant manager” with the deciding vote veto. 

Brendan can continue to interviews though. 

• Like 3

so who is the Defensive Coach -if we have one..

the goalie is Denmark's #1 goalie & a leader-wannabe  --so why can't he dictate what needs to be done before a FK or Corner

He's got the best defensive guy J.Evans also an International with NI running the backline & he is also a talker.

what else are we lacking?

Maybe we should let Choudhury run the backline/box with his "robust" tackles.

6 minutes ago, erlee said:

so who is the Defensive Coach -if we have one..

the goalie is Denmark's #1 goalie & a leader-wannabe  --so why can't he dictate what needs to be done before a FK or Corner

He's got the best defensive guy J.Evans also an International with NI running the backline & he is also a talker.

what else are we lacking?

Maybe we should let Choudhury run the backline/box with his "robust" tackles.

that’s a bit harsh. He did a fine job of helping lead the Danish team through the Christiansen incident and he’s not let us down when captaining the team.. I’d say he’s a natural leader.

• Like 2

In, for now. If I were him, every minute of training would consist of defending set pieces only until further notice. What I would say though is that the recruitment has proven to be abysmal. Only Daka has improved the squad. I'd take Fuchs and Morgan back even now over Bertrand and Vestergaard. Soumare is bang average, and Lookman can't be bothered. 

4 hours ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Polls like this shouldn't be allowed to happen. Very much knee-jerk reactions mere minutes after a defeat. Post them the morning after when people have slept on it.

Er..... we've been defensively poor all season, and we cannot defend set pieces.

If we concede we go nowhere.

At which point do we stop and say no? Would you argue in 3 months time with no improvement that we are being knee jerk?

At the end of the day and with the players we have we should be higher. 

Why are we not higher? Because we are a defensive shambles. It isn't getting better and its holding our club back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adam1 said:

Er..... we've been defensively poor all season, and we cannot defend set pieces.

If we concede we go nowhere.

At which point do we stop and say no? Would you argue in 3 months time with no improvement that we are being knee jerk?

At the end of the day and with the players we have we should be higher. 

Why are we not higher? Because we are a defensive shambles. It isn't getting better and its holding our club back.

But sacking the manager is knee jerk if you've not tried sacking the person responsible for the defensive element of coaching. Kolo is the man who should be replace. 

Just now, hejammy said:

But sacking the manager is knee jerk if you've not tried sacking the person responsible for the defensive element of coaching. Kolo is the man who should be replace. 

If thats the case, whose telling Kolo what to do....

Just now, adam1 said:

If thats the case, whose telling Kolo what to do....

Maybe no one. If you hire someone to do a job then maybe you don't have to direct them to do exactly what to do. You trust their ability to do the job you've hired them to do? 

3 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Keep him but send him on a 2 week holiday and get in a defensive coach to train us for 2 weeks solid to defend set pieces. Then let him come back and tell him he's got a lovely tan and not to go meddling with the set piece defence.

Win / Win / Win. (I have no idea why there are three parties to this).

Because the club wins, Brendan wins and with better set piece defending, our trousers will be grateful for not being shat in five times a game.

Just now, hejammy said:

Maybe no one. If you hire someone to do a job then maybe you don't have to direct them to do exactly what to do. You trust their ability to do the job you've hired them to do? 

So Brendan is the manager and is in charge.

On match days the team are shite defensively. Clearly an issue. Brendans issue because he is the manager and is in charge.

Does Brendan tell them what to do at half time? Does Brendan give them instructions during the game?  Yes because he is the manager and he is in charge. 

Does the manager decide on formation? Does the manager decide on tactics? Yes.

So why isnt it the managers issue when defending from set pieces.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The fact is, though our owners have been, (and continue to be) fantastic for the club, the fans and the city, they aren’t as generous with their managers. They’ve sacked Sven, Pearson, Claudio, Shakey and Puel. If they feel his team off and on the pitch are making the same old mistakes and maybe that’s he’s lost the playing team then he will be gone, irrespective of what we think and what Rodgers has achieved so far.

If we are starting to feel that he’s lost the team then I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the ownership team are not fearing the same thing. He needs to really step up in the next few games otherwise, based on every other manager we’ve had under these owners who have suffered a major season slump in form, he definitely will be gone sooner rather than later.