Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Post Villa game Vote in or sack for Rodgers

Rodgers in or sacked  

671 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers in or sacked

• In
    • Sack

3 hours ago, frany104 said:

If you don’t think it’s failure then your part of the problem. Not finishing top 4 for two seasons running when it was harder to drop out the top 4 is failure. At the beginning of each season if you would have said 5th we would have all took it. However, in both seasons it’s failure with the lead we had built up. 

Just like it was failure for him finishing as runners up in the end at Liverpool in 2014 to be fair after being in the ascendancy all season long until the infamous game away at Palace in the April....

Guest Col city fan
4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

In.

He has delivered us two top 6 finishes, a League Cup semi final and FA Cup trophy.

We aren't going to go down so give him time to sort it out. If anybody has earned time he has.

Them’s big words… hope you’re right

34 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I feel like we have improved going forward the past couple of games, but the defending is comical. It's almost like they're downing tools, these are not bad players by any stretch of the imagination. 

Im still in the in camp, but a drubbing to Napoli could change that.

I don’t see any improvement going forward, our passing is under 10 stuff and our ball control is under 6 shit . If the club doesn’t buy a ball playing midfielder who can hold a ball and then pass it to a team mate we will be in the bottom 6 come seasons end 

8 hours ago, Izzy said:

Most clubs wants top 6 though, we're no different.

Yes we're buying better players but so is everyone else. And our transfer budget is miniscule compared to the big 6.

Just because we all want it doesn't mean it's guaranteed. There's another 19 teams in the PL and most are just as ambitious as we are.

This was our last transfer window....just not good enough, they are better players than we used to have...are they better than other top 10 clubs?

image.png.a9eaf15e9960cd55d2a4fd93ee778eb1.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I feel like we have improved going forward the past couple of games, but the defending is comical. It's almost like they're downing tools, these are not bad players by any stretch of the imagination. 

Im still in the in camp, but a drubbing to Napoli could change that.

That’s why I don’t get the claims of lost the players and/or we are negative.  

We are scoring goals. We are sixth highest scorers in the league. 

The defending can’t be excused but the attacking play since the October international break is vastly improved. It’s all the more reason I think why we are so pissed off with our current situation. 

3 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Get him gone now

People constantly wanting to give him time- how long do you want to keep kicking the can down the road for?

Sounds stupid but he needs to get to another transfer window to actually sign some good players who will improve us. The summer just gone was a shocking window, we haven't improved the first team. There's still an issue with right midfield and that's the position where money should be thrown at.

Rodgers has given us an FA Cup, Charity Shield and two top 6 finishes. He doesn't just become a bad manager overnight and has certainly earned time to turn it around. Otherwise we're gonna be in circles where we hit a bad patch a sack the manager which doesn't work, we'd end up going down.

Get the sense the hierarchy at the club love him so he's not going anywhere anytime soon. Thank God some weapons on here don't make that decision. If we sack Brendan he wakes up to a dozen voicemails offering him a job the next morning. He's not an elite manager but he's a very good one and anyone replying to this should come up with an available name who is definitely better than him. I'll wait.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Sounds stupid but he needs to get to another transfer window to actually sign some good players who will improve us. The summer just gone was a shocking window, we haven't improved the first team. There's still an issue with right midfield and that's the position where money should be thrown at.

Rodgers has given us an FA Cup, Charity Shield and two top 6 finishes. He doesn't just become a bad manager overnight and has certainly earned time to turn it around. Otherwise we're gonna be in circles where we hit a bad patch a sack the manager which doesn't work, we'd end up going down.

What did he do with the last one? 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

What did do with the last one? 

Last transfer window was poor, yes, but lets not pretend all of them have. It's still the same manager that has brought in Castagne, Justin, Fofana etc. And yes of course some bad signings are in there, which I elude to in the last transfer window, but all managers have this good signing/poor signing percentage ratio. The big thing that Rodgers fvcked up is not signing a good right winger.

But overall he deserves time to get to another transfer window and sort it out.

I got banned for calling BR something a bit like country the other week - enjoy 🤣

I think he’s a slimy arrogant tosspot with a sense of self importance far outstripping his actual worth. 

However, I voted in. Oddly I think we have to stop this knee jerk manager merry go round. I also think there is a very good manager lurking in BR, which pops out sometimes. We haven’t done badly under him tbf. We have won the FA Cup. We are still in Europe, currently. We also have some exceedingly good players. 

Looking at what we would likely replace him with, I just don’t see the value in getting rid. 

Bit of a sea change for me to be honest.  I mean the brown envelope helped - cheers Brendan (this is not a euphemism, just so we’re clear).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Last transfer window was poor, yes, but lets not pretend all of them have. It's still the same manager that has brought in Castagne, Justin, Fofana etc. And yes of course some bad signings are in there, which I elude to in the last transfer window, but all managers have this good signing/poor signing percentage ratio. The big thing that Rodgers fvcked up is not signing a good right winger.

But overall he deserves time to get to another transfer window and sort it out.

He's had quite a few windows already with some real stinkers.

Castagne hasn't sadly been the greatest as we are now seeing BTW. Dan James destroyed him when he played for Belgium against Wales. Defensively Danny Simpson was miles better for example. I don't know what happened to that early promise. 

• Like 1

Where is the incentive for the defence to improve?  Bertrand and Vetegard waiting in the wings would hardly keep you on your toes. 
I do feel missing out on top 4 twice in a row has had a psychological impact this season. What’s to play for?  
edit: given the improvement in the main players (Chelsea, Liverpool etc) this season 

Edited by FLAN

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

He's had quite a few windows already with some real stinkers.

Castagne hasn't sadly been the greatest as we are now seeing BTW. Dan James destroyed him when he played for Belgium against Wales. Defensively Danny Simpson was miles better for example. I don't know what happened to that early promise. 

His first team signings have been: Justin, Perez, Tielemans (although I put that one down as Puel really), Praet, Castagne, Fofana, Daka, Soumare, Bertrand, Vestergaard.

That's 10 players. How many there are "stinkers"?  Two for me, three at a push. Certainly not half.

It's the lack of right winger that has cost him.

Castagne has been lauded since he's been here. Now having a poor season, in an under performing team, and he's suddenly shit. Sound. Simpson was a good defender but used to get criticized for not overlapping Mahrez.

Fofana has been talked up as the next big thing on here so when he comes back and hits poor form I'm expecting him to be compared to Matt Heath.

We've missed huge players like Tielemans, Justin and Fofana for huge parts of the season – and many more for shorter periods (Evans, Vardy, Castagne, Ricardo, Ndidi...a long list....which has also affected their form).

We're 11th, 5 points from European places

We're nine points clear of bottom three and, with the likes of Southampton and Watford still outside that trio, there is no chance of us getting in any sort of relegation battle. 

We're also in a good position to get into the last 16 of the Europa League. 

Oh, and in the QFs of the League Cup. 

FA Cup hasn't even started – the competition we're entering as holders. 

So sure, let's get rid of Rodgers. :blink:

Yes, yesterday was hugely disappointing. Yes, the set piece thing is getting ridiculous. 

But this season can still be a great one. Have a bit of faith, please.  

• Like 2

I would love to know what 50 per cent of posters are suggesting who they would like as manager of our club of the viable options out there?  Talk

of Zidane makes me howl with laughter.... A man who has already turned down man Utd.

A little perspective is needed here, we are after all Leicester City.  Two top 5 finishes, FA Cup final and community shield winners.

We are not an established top 6 side in the premier league and we are not one of the big 6.

I am frustrated as most with our poor defending from set pieces but I have supported us long enough to remember the heady days of league 1 and the dross served up under Levein, Holloway, Souza, Pleat, etc etc.

We do now have a number of fans that have only supported us since 2015 2016.

40 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

But Rodgers seemingly DOES become a bad manager overnight. He’s got history of it at each club

My mates a Liverpool STH and said that Rodgers was only any good for them when using players he’d inherited. Their downturn started when he started making his own signings.

So I don’t want him to have another transfer window! 

• Like 1