Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

If Rodgers goes…who’s next?

Guest StevieLynex
49 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Wishing for Rodgers gone. Who knows what we could end up with 

I always regretted Pearson being sacked and being replaced by Claudio - what a daft move

1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Whilst I was upset from a sentimental perspective about CR it was the right thing to do. Puel was the wrong man.

This is a different kettle of fish. BR is a great coach who has improved the squad, finished 5th twice and won the fa cup for the 1st time in our history. He has earned the right to turn this around.

not going to leave anything thank you. More than qualified to have an opinion. Not going to let a entitled idiot dictate to me what I can think. 

He’s being given the chance to turn it around, but he’s failing isn’t he. 

• Like 2

Guest StevieLynex
3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He’s being given the chance to turn it around, but he’s failing isn’t he. 

Plus he's had the biggest transfer kitty of any LCFC manager

29 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If he and his team are sacked it will cost us £50 million and Thais being the careful people they are will be loathe to pay that out unless relegation is a real threat.We are drawing or losing games by the odd goal. We will need a few 3-0 defeats before they feel the need to act.

Utter nonsense, will cost us nowhere near that much, ever heard of gardening leave and he would not be the first manager to go in this direction.

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
4 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Utter nonsense, will cost us nowhere near that much, ever heard of gardening leave and he would not be the first manager to go in this direction.

Not sure that Brendan would be good in the garden, as he would struggle to sort out de fence

5 minutes ago, Ian S said:

I don't know for sure but the media reports he has a contract for 10 million a year until 2025 and then he has a five or six man team who will also have contracts and of course we have already paid Celtic for his services. It will be a very big severance payout and Top will be very reluctant to go that way.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Strokes said:

It’s not really a fair comparison, Pep has a record to suggest that it was an exception, Lampard doesn’t. 

Well he hasn't had a career yet has he but apparently has been written off already. People judging him on one game where they lost to us is daft.

Whilst I was upset from a sentimental perspective about CR it was the right thing to do. Puel was the wrong man.

This is a different kettle of fish. BR is a great coach who has improved the squad, finished 5th twice and won the fa cup for the 1st time in our history. He has earned the right to turn this around.

not going to leave anything thank you. More than qualified to have an opinion. Not going to let a entitled idiot dictate to me what I can think. 

But..but..but.. @Ric Flair is self appointed Foxestalk royalty :(

Get rid of BR and his team, replace until the end of season Wes Morgan (Temp Manager), Craig Shakespeare (Assistant/Coach), Steve Walsh (Recruitment). Can’t do no worse than atm, definitely think they will get respect from the squad which hopefully translates into better performances in the pitch. See who’s available in the summer as permanent Manager if required. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, rruunneerr said:

Get rid of BR and his team, replace until the end of season Wes Morgan (Temp Manager), Craig Shakespeare (Assistant/Coach), Steve Walsh (Recruitment). Can’t do no worse than atm, definitely think they will get respect from the squad which hopefully translates into better performances in the pitch. See who’s available in the summer as permanent Manager if required. 

Edited by rruunneerr

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

No on the basis of him being a bang average manager, just as he was at Derby with a huge budget and just as he was at Chelsea. Hence them sacking him and then suddenly, I'm sure all by coincidence, becoming brilliant almost instantly. 

The game against us, is a very easy reference point. 

He had one season at Derby and narrowly missed out on promotion. Huge budget?? A few loans but nothing massive. How are Derby doing now? Yes ok, second season at Chelsea he was struggling a bit, and maybe that was too big a job for him too soon, but Christ how can you call him bang average when he's had 2 full seasons of management?

3 minutes ago, rruunneerr said:

😂😂😂

The dilemma though and I'll put your despicable personal insults to one side is that under Ranieri in the late December when it was evidently clear we were in free fall people would have said he earnt the right to turn it around. Its being able to read between the lines.

Rodgers has been very good here by and large but we are now 10 months in to a huge regression that is getting worse. Defensively we are worse than any Leicester side I have ever watched, dating back to 1991/92. This regime will end nastily and it will be at some point this season, so why prolong it and risk our long term future. He's a good manager but there's been many managers better and worse than his that have hit a slide like this and eventually got the sack and many will do in the future. No hard feelings to Brendan, a new challenge for all parties is needed.

He will be one who likes to look back on his spells and say a club is in better shape than when he joined them but he's precariously close here to that not being the case at all. He's achieved tangible success but that doesn't count for anything in the present or future when measuring the state of the club. We'll forever be grateful for him delivering us thr FA Cup, like we will to Ranieri but neither achievement is worth a dime when your club is busy nosediving towards oblivion.

Teams who concede 2 goals or more a game are only going one way and its not the direction our owners and board will have pictured. 

It's time he went and this next 3 week spell will prove it. We'll be lucky to get 3-6 points, possibly even a single point and it'll surely be game over for the man. He'll be able to tell anyone that wants to listen that he won us an FA Cup and then turned us in to the single worst defensive outfit at set pieces that the Premier League has ever witnessed. 

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
5 minutes ago, rruunneerr said:

Vardy, Mahrez and Kante as co- Player Managers

Edited by StevieLynex

15 minutes ago, Ian S said:

gardening leave means you earn your money for sitting at home 

we are contractually obliged to pay him and his staff their contracts in full. We would obvs negotiate to try and reduce that but it is a straight loss until the staff get new jobs - they don’t have to and if they take lower paid options, we would have to pay the difference. 

rodgers is due another three and half years at £9m per season.  That’s thirty million alone.  If Brendan takes a new job on half that money, I bet you we would have to cover the difference. We’ve made a big commitment to him and his staff. People don’t give away money they’re entitled to. 

7 minutes ago, rruunneerr said:

I like this a lot. :appl:

Shakey is crushing it now though. Might be hard to tempt him back for a relegation dogfight. 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

gardening leave means you earn your money for sitting at home 

we are contractually obliged to pay him and his staff their contracts in full. We would obvs negotiate to try and reduce that but it is a straight loss until the staff get new jobs - they don’t have to and if they take lower paid options, we would have to pay the difference. 

rodgers is due another three and half years at £9m per season.  That’s thirty million alone.  If Brendan takes a new job on half that money, I bet you we would have to cover the difference. We’ve made a big commitment to him and his staff. People don’t give away money they’re entitled to. 

Most managers contracts have a clause that includes a pay off figure for being sacked, it's usually around a years wages.