Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

If Rodgers goes…who’s next?

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

We need a manager with experience in the Premier league, our league is a whole different ball game and we don't have the luxury of allowing a manger a season to find his feet. Might be playing in the championship if that happens! 

Not many good managers with Prem experience are available sadly.

Lampard, Nuno, Koeman, Hodgson, Big Sam

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Shane said:

Whoever our next manager is I hope they can build a system we play week in week out like Chelsea, West Ham & Liverpool. Conte & Gerrard are already developing their own system and they’ve only been at their clubs for a couple weeks. 

All this fannying about with formations and tactics with Brendan is frustrating. We’re not Man City!! Having a strong system and a specific style of play is the way forward. 

I must be out the loop because there’s a lot made of how many formations and tactics Rodgers uses that over complicates the players but when I watch I see Vardy upfront, Barnes on the left Lookman to his right, then behind him is Maddison then Youri/Ndidi then a back four with Kasper in goal

The only time I see a change is in personnel and then a back 3 if injuries occur, not really a catalogue of formations and tactics is it, now I know compared to Rugby players the average footballer isn’t the sharpest but surely the likes of Barnes can manage understanding that he plays on the left and Ndidi plays in the middle.

5 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Unfortunately, you are possibly right, at least he would instil a bit more passion. 

Likewise I wouldn’t be keen but if brings Terry in with him (and there’s no saying he would - personally I think he’s on the look out for a job of his own) it’d hopefully instil abit of much needed nastiness and ruthlessness in us too.

The best signing of the great escape season was Huth, which then IMO also helped us massively in the following season a nasty (quality) bastard, it’s what we’re crying out for now, I see no one will to grab a game by the scruff of its neck and drag their team mates through in this current crop, but then again like with Puel I think Rodgers must read them a bedtime story before KO when you see our slow starts, hardly inspiring.

Edited by Matt

2 hours ago, Hales said:

He then pulled out of Norwich didn't he, one eye on the situation here maybe? 

...he is giving the impression that he cannot be relied upon to honour his contract!!!

Jumped from Derby to Chelsea in very quick time and pulling out of deals last minute, suggest someone in the Rodgers style. He is always looking for the next best thing. 

Definitely do not want him here or Terry.

54 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Bugs me when people say this. There’s absolutely nothing to show that the players have lost faith, if anything rodgers has probably lost faith in half the players. The players still speak highly of him in the post match interviews so I don’t think that’s the issue.

...I  am not sure what else they could say in interviews!!!

If they were dissatisfied they would go to Top, it would be suicide for them to express problems within the team to the media.

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

Likewise I wouldn’t be keen but if brings Terry in with him (and there’s no saying he would - personally I think he’s on the look out for a job of his own) it’d hopefully instil abit of much needed nastiness and ruthlessness in us too.

The best signing of the great escape season was Huth, which then IMO also helped us massively in the following season a nasty (quality) bastard, it’s what we’re crying out for now, I see no one will to grab a game by the scruff of its neck and drag their team mates through in this current crop, but then again like with Puel I think Rodgers must read them a bedtime story before KO when you see our slow starts, hardly inspiring.

That’s the John Terry that Villa were quite happy to let leave as a coach? 

Can’t believe we are advocate managerial appointments on the basis of someone being a nasty fecker as a player. Coaching is a different ball park.

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

Nailed it. Next manager has to be ruthless. No more pandering to Vardy or Kasper if they're playing shite drop them, and no more putting up with useless defending someone needs to kick them up the behind. I personally think Lampard would be a good option. Didn't exactly do terribly with Chelsea, and his 1st job with Derby did ok aswell, has potential to be a very good manager.

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Nailed it. Next manager has to be ruthless. No more pandering to Vardy or Kasper if they're playing shite drop them, and no more putting up with useless defending someone needs to kick them up the behind. I personally think Lampard would be a good option. Didn't exactly do terribly with Chelsea, and his 1st job with Derby did ok aswell, has potential to be a very good manager.

At least Lampard would jump & shout and express himself, just a bit more than our chap who appears to be writing a novel each game. 

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

On 05/12/2021 at 21:52, Corky said:

The only manager I've seen linked was the Sporting Lisbon guy back in March.

They've invested so much in Rodgers; I don't think they are looking anywhere else and would rather he got things going again.

Thing is, it's more than just him as well. He's been allowed to install his own people throughout the entire club, from the scouting side, to sports science, fitness, physios etc. We operated well previously keeping things detached from the manager, so that you could theoretically make a change in management and everything else stays the same. We would want to do that, now that so many are Rodgers men?

• Like 1