Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

If Rodgers goes…who’s next?

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Can anyone suggesting Lampard please go back and look how he set his Chelsea team filled with incredible players against us. It was suicide and was one of the few manager stupid enough to play into our hands. He should be nowhere near this club and certainly now on the basis of him jumping about a bit.

Ah, so because of one match against us we shouldn't employ him. I remember a Pep disaster class when Vardy got 3 in a 4-2 win in which we were 4 up at one point. Would you not take Pep either?

31 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  am not sure what else they could say in interviews!!!

If they were dissatisfied they would go to Top, it would be suicide for them to express problems within the team to the media.

If that’s the case then why does everyone get annoyed at Brendan’s post match interviews? 

Also, when puel was in charge the players didn’t come out and say they enjoy working with him like they have with Rodgers. 

Edited by Dusty

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Can anyone suggesting Lampard please go back and look how he set his Chelsea team filled with incredible players against us. It was suicide and was one of the few manager stupid enough to play into our hands. He should be nowhere near this club and certainly now on the basis of him jumping about a bit.

Although I hate to say this, but Mr S Dyche has a much better record in defence 4 clean sheets! I wish we could claim the same. Plus just one defeat in the last 5 games and they are right down at the basement. However, I suspect we will be joining them soon

We need a manager with European experience and experience of handling a big team. Favre would be ideal but is he a little too old for the project? Or could he steady the ship to potentially then bring someone else in, in a few years time. 

PL experience isn’t necessarily vital, we just need someone who has managed at a high level and had some success. Favre as an interim would be ideal! Then he could potentially be offered a role behind the scenes if we opt for a younger manager. 

Whatever decision is made this season I think it needs to be a temporary one whilst the guys and girls at the top decide on what to do next, because I’m pretty sure Brendan was THE option they wanted for some time. 

I have two hopes of the new manager. The manager genuinely wants to play attacking football with a view to scoring lots of goals. The manager isn't some emotionless robot that struggles to inspire and motivate.

I remember the back end of the 19/20 season, Rodgers was just coming up with excuses and not saying anything that inspired confidence. Top wrote in the programme for the last game and it was genuinely properly rousing and made me believe we could actually beat Man U and get that 4th spot. Not once since Jan 2020 have I ever felt inspired or motivated after a Rodgers presser. The bloke is so beige and corporate, he could dry up a nymphomaniac.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Ah, so because of one match against us we shouldn't employ him. I remember a Pep disaster class when Vardy got 3 in a 4-2 win in which we were 4 up at one point. Would you not take Pep either?

Oh dear, comparing Pep to Lampard..... 

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I have two hopes of the new manager. The manager genuinely wants to play attacking football with a view to scoring lots of goals. The manager isn't some emotionless robot that struggles to inspire and motivate.

I remember the back end of the 19/20 season, Rodgers was just coming up with excuses and not saying anything that inspired confidence. Top wrote in the programme for the last game and it was genuinely properly rousing and made me believe we could actually beat Man U and get that 4th spot. Not once since Jan 2020 have I ever felt inspired or motivated after a Rodgers presser. The bloke is so beige and corporate, he could dry up a nymphomaniac.

It’s endemic in the whole time. There’s about three players in our squad that have any fire and aggression in them - it’s a huge part of the reason we’re east to play against.

42 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I really don't think you'll see TOP pull the trigger unless we lose 4-5 in a row in the league. 

If we lose to Newcastle this weekend then the situation could become serious. If there is any chance of us getting dragged into relegation trouble then I'm confident that they will act accordingly. If we win on Sunday then that will buy more time, as it means that we will realistically be in a position where it's not an immediate concern. 

We do need a football manager,

- Never settles for the second best

- A champion, a leader and a winner. ( not the lousy Scottish league)

- Motivator and compassionate

- and intelligent enough to give a decent/solid statement after the games.

A few good ones out there but need to look outside of the EPL circle for that.

12 minutes ago, filbertway said:

To be fair, we do score a lot of goals under Rodgers. We have spells where we look absolutely clueless in possession but right now is not really one of them, barring Chelsea we’ve looked a real attacking threat in every game since the international break. The problem is we can’t defend.

I always thought I’d be ok with a manager who had his teams involved in high-scoring games. Turns out there is nothing at all satisfying about watching schoolboy defending week after week, albeit I can’t deny its entertaining. Every defensive set piece is an event.

Favre would probably be more of the same defensively (he couldn’t be any worse though) but I think we’d see some of the “young” players kick on under him.

I like Potter but again I suspect it would initially be more of the same and I think we need a more radical re-boot which involves either a very aggressive “heavy metal” manager or somebody who can organise a defence, preferably both. 

The new Gladbach manager Hutter is struggling there but his record elsewhere indicates he might be what we’re after, same goes for Jesse Marsch who has just been sacked by Leipzig. 

I never thought I would countenance Dyche here but he might be just what we need right now. The biggest problem is we’re too soft and easy to beat. It might be that what we need is a man literally and metaphorically prepared to go coatless in a blizzard. 

1 hour ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

It’s not really a fair comparison, Pep has a record to suggest that it was an exception, Lampard doesn’t. 

6 minutes ago, ttfn said:

To be fair, we do score a lot of goals under Rodgers. We have spells where we look absolutely clueless in possession but right now is not really one of them, barring Chelsea we’ve looked a real attacking threat in every game since the international break. The problem is we can’t defend.

I always thought I’d be ok with a manager who had his teams involved in high-scoring games. Turns out there is nothing at all satisfying about watching schoolboy defending week after week, albeit I can’t deny its entertaining. Every defensive set piece is an event.

Favre would probably be more of the same defensively (he couldn’t be any worse though) but I think we’d see some of the “young” players kick on under him.

I like Potter but again I suspect it would initially be more of the same and I think we need a more radical re-boot which involves either a very aggressive “heavy metal” manager or somebody who can organise a defence, preferably both. 

The new Gladbach manager Hutter is struggling there but his record elsewhere indicates he might be what we’re after, same goes for Jesse Marsch who has just been sacked by Leipzig. 

I never thought I would countenance Dyche here but he might be just what we need right now. The biggest problem is we’re too soft and easy to beat. It might be that what we need is a man literally and metaphorically prepared to go coatless in a blizzard. 

We are atm, but the goals seem to be happening rather than created by us, if that makes any sense lol

I rarely recally us crafting many chances of our own in open play. A lot seem to come from defensive mistakes or weidly set pieces, which is new for us.

I've been a bit turned off by Potter, he strikes me very much in the same mould as Rodgers. I'm not sure he changes much unless he's a better man manager. Tbh, I think literally any competent manager atm would result in us picking up better results. Not that I think as managers they're better than Rodgers, just once a work place goes stale, it's very hard to change that when you're still working closely together and have a job to do.

I'd happily watch a team that is creating lots and are conceding as a result of men bombing forwards and leaving a lot of one on one situations. Our highscoring games don't really have that pattern though. Goals just seem to happen to us and we seem to concede from all types of situations, even with 11 men in the box lol

When the chips are down, you want to see the team showing some character. Whether it be outworking the opposition, or at least defending each other when there's a disagreement on the pitch. 

Last night wasn't awful I didn't think. If Vards or Madders took their chances I imagine this place wouldn't be half as negative as it is today.

In terms of managers, I think I'm all in for trying to poach Ruben Amorim :D Sporting owe us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

No on the basis of him being a bang average manager, just as he was at Derby with a huge budget and just as he was at Chelsea. Hence them sacking him and then suddenly, I'm sure all by coincidence, becoming brilliant almost instantly. 

The game against us, is a very easy reference point.