Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

If Rodgers goes…who’s next?

23 games left 21 points needed for safety 9 games against the so called big 6 have included West Ham aswell.So if  we get turned over in all 9 games leaves 21points needed from 14 can't see Rogers winning 5 to 7 games the way we are playing.Think we should go down the Man U route get someone in for 6months and take time to find the right candidate. 

10 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think you are hugely under estimating our owners. 

Why would they sack Rodgers for us being mediocre, to bring in someone mediocre?   You can see the logic behind every single appointment weve made. Puel, which was the example given was because he had a vision, a way to transform a counter attacking team to possession based football and he simply impressed them. It wasnt a big sam/ a pardew it was someone who they believed could rebrand the team.

The issue will always be who is available, but you can be absolutely sure that whoever they bring in, they will be doing as they think they can better Rodgers 

It's more depending on the situation we find ourselves in. If we find ourselves in trouble that will get someone they consider to be a safe pair of hands for the time being, rather than someone inspiring.

Think if someone else comes in we need to not scoff at certain managers we think aren’t glamorous enough, look at Moyes, look at Benitez, I think it can be a bit of pot luck sometimes, we need a tactitician, someone’s who knows how to coach or how to pick decent coaching staff, a motivator, someone that’s ambitious but not to ambitious as to see Leicester city as a stepping stone.

If Rodgers stays he’s got one hell of a mountain to climb, I think he needs to win back the fans because many have lost the faith.

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

Thing is, it's more than just him as well. He's been allowed to install his own people throughout the entire club, from the scouting side, to sports science, fitness, physios etc. We operated well previously keeping things detached from the manager, so that you could theoretically make a change in management and everything else stays the same. We would want to do that, now that so many are Rodgers men?

I'm a bit torn at the moment. I think this cycle is coming to an end and Rodgers being able to manage predominantly his own squad is tempting, however his signings don't have a great hit rate.

I think if Rodgers goes they all do.

• Like 1

We shouldn’t be looking at the next manager, we should be supporting the current one through our bad spell.

whilst I don’t agree with his overachieving comment I do think that we have been so successful in recent years this looks a lot worse than it is. 

he/they will turn this around. There’s enough in the squad to get some wins and go on a run. This team have been used the winning feeling and need to get it back. 

we all need to be careful what we wish for 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

We shouldn’t be looking at the next manager, we should be supporting the current one through our bad spell.

whilst I don’t agree with his overachieving comment I do think that we have been so successful in recent years this looks a lot worse than it is. 

he/they will turn this around. There’s enough in the squad to get some wins and go on a run. This team have been used the winning feeling and need to get it back. 

Give your head a wobble, probably said the same in February 2017 and February 2019 about Ranieri and Puel too. If you can't see what's coming then leave it to those that can.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, AshbyBlue said:

23 games left 21 points needed for safety 9 games against the so called big 6 have included West Ham aswell.So if  we get turned over in all 9 games leaves 21points needed from 14 can't see Rogers winning 5 to 7 games the way we are playing.Think we should go down the Man U route get someone in for 6months and take time to find the right candidate. 

Ryan Bennett.. Player/Manager?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Give your head a wobble, probably said the same in February 2017 and February 2019 about Ranieri and Puel too. If you can't see what's coming then leave it to those that can.

Whilst I was upset from a sentimental perspective about CR it was the right thing to do. Puel was the wrong man.

This is a different kettle of fish. BR is a great coach who has improved the squad, finished 5th twice and won the fa cup for the 1st time in our history. He has earned the right to turn this around.

not going to leave anything thank you. More than qualified to have an opinion. Not going to let a entitled idiot dictate to me what I can think. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Whoever comes has a big job on their hands in my eyes.

The spine of our team will be soon gone.

Major key players / leaders are going to be gone soon.

Vardy 34

Youri will go

Evans 33 

Kasper 35

We really need some good deals to be done in the transfer market and top management / scouting to attract new players and coach this squad.

Whoever comes in next will play a major part in shaping this clubs future.

Big decision for Top.

Daka, KDH, Fofano, Ward the Iversen  We’re not threadbare in those positions even before transfers. I don’t think we’ll be a bad proposition in Jan if there is someone there.

33 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

What are we wishing for ? This isn’t a pipe dream to finish in the top 3 clubs in world football. This is a ridiculously, unrealistic belief that we should be able to organise ourselves to do the basics. 

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

What are we wishing for ? This isn’t a pipe dream to finish in the top 3 clubs in world football. This is a ridiculously, unrealistic belief that we should be able to organise ourselves to do the basics. 

Wishing for Rodgers gone. Who knows what we could end up with 

42 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

So how long do we allow the bad spell to continue, when in your view is enough, 25 games and 30 points and still just a bad spell?

I have defended the guy but he is not turning this around, looks a broken man with no idea.Real shame and I can’t quite get my head around what has gone catastrophically wrong.

3 minutes ago, Ian S said:

So how long do we allow the bad spell to continue, when in your view is enough, 25 games and 30 points and still just a bad spell?

I have defended the guy but he is not turning this around, looks a broken man with no idea.Real shame and I can’t quite get my head around what has gone catastrophically wrong.

We’ve lost key players at different spells throughout this period. After a sustained period of having everyone back - if he can’t get a result then, maybe it’s worth looking at 

We're overachieving too much for  Brendan to get the boot. He basically owns our club in his mind. How could any other manager be expected to come in to such an amazing overachieving club/team? He'll have to come in and oversee such a huge decline from Brendan the footballing genius and the ongoing weekly over-achievements of being the worst team in the league. 

If he and his team are sacked it will cost us £50 million and Thais being the careful people they are will be loathe to pay that out unless relegation is a real threat.We are drawing or losing games by the odd goal. We will need a few 3-0 defeats before they feel the need to act.

53 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

To be fair i think a lot of us as fans have been very patient before turning on him. When you consider how long our inability to defend a corner has been going on for, you can accept it happening once or twice but for the same problem to keep happening continuously and him do nothing about it is just unacceptable. 

I can sympathise that having both Fofana and Justin out is a big miss but injuries occur every season and he should be able to find a way to grind out results even with some of his better players being injured. Recruitment was not good enough in the summer. Vestergaard is terrible and Bertrand should be making his way down the leagues now. Both of those are not decent back ups. The only good signing was Daka. Lookman is hit and miss along with Soumare. 

I will support Rodgers and the team but their is only so long the same mistakes can carry on for and i don't see the hierarchy at the club putting up with it for too much longer before making a change.

• Like 1

Time to blood a few youngsters now if the so called main squad is not up to scratch. Give Daley-Campbell a go and one or two others. They can be no worse than Ryan Bertrand and co. Jock Wallace brought iin Gary Lineker as a 17 year old and there was Andy Peake around the same time. 

As to next manager i'd go:

1. Mancini - another Italian Manager who can kick a few arses and throw a few teacups 
  2. Rudi Garcia - background at Lille (similar size to Leicester) and Lyon are pretty good.
  3. Frank Lampard - Chelsea was too soon for him and he can do no worse than Rodgers' defensive coaching calamities plus his wife is quite nice :scarf: