Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

If Rodgers goes…who’s next?

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Most managers contracts have a clause that includes a pay off figure for being sacked, it's usually around a years wages. 

You  can bet your life Rick that he would get the full wack, he was in the driving seat when he renegotiated his contract.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it would be hard to see that working out!!!

I would love to see Shakey return, but he would have to have a major input regarding playing style, and being a conduit for the players to the manager with input into the fitness of players. There is lots of speculation regarding players coming back too soon and players suffering, with preventing "burn out", he will be too big a problem for Rodgers to deal with, and more importantly he will not be "his man". Rodgers would be spending too much time looking over his own shoulders.

Yes that’s a good point. Probably would be hard to get it to work but bringing experience in could be the answer. But you make very good points

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

The point is that anyone can be judged badly on one game. The jury is out on Lampard, he's had two full seasons as a manager. 

Give up fella. Just the comparison with Pep and Lampard cannot happen. It's like comparing Messi with a 15 year old at Bradford City academy with some potential. Why not just say Heskey? He's not had much time as a manager so the jury is still out on him? 

The worrying thing for Rodgers is that there are managers available both with and without pl experience. Depending which way the owners go but past history suggests they’ll go with previous pl experience. So in that case they’ll look at - Lampard, Nuno and Koeman. As well as those in jobs Potter and Frank. 
I wouldn’t want any of the above. 
Those without pl experience and available - Marsch, Garcia, Diego Martinez and Farve. Those without pl experience are clearly the better options. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

The worrying thing for Rodgers is that there are managers available both with and without pl experience. Depending which way the owners go but past history suggests they’ll go with previous pl experience. So in that case they’ll look at - Lampard, Nuno and Koeman. As well as those in jobs Potter and Frank. 
I wouldn’t want any of the above. 
Those without pl experience and available - Marsch, Garcia, Diego Martinez and Farve. Those without pl experience are clearly the better options. 

Read that Leeds want Diego Martinez next summer when Biesla leaves. Online articles say that Martinez want to manage a Premier club and is learning English, he played as a full back so knows alot about defence. I'm all in for young ex footballers plus he's good with his previous clubs and is going in a upwards trajectory

23 hours ago, inckley fox said:

But surely if you'd want him as Rodgers' replacement you'd also like to see something on his CV which suggests he'd improve us. No? Plenty of managers come into the category of 'can't be written off because they haven't had long enough yet'. So which aspect of Lampard's skill set leads you to believe that he's a good fit?

At the moment we're worried about our defensive record, especially from set pieces. We're worried about poor summer recruitment. We're worried about purposeless sideways build-up play from the back; apparently a consequence of a manager with a rigid footballing philosophy.

Based on that, why on earth would you look to Lampard? And please don't tell me 'maybe Terry would come'. He didn't join him at Chelsea, and he just left another mid-table club (supposedly) to enter management.

At Derby, Lampard failed to improve on the previous manager's performance, despite having the likes of Mount and Tomori at his disposal. If our fans are tired of sideways passing football, or substandard signings, they should chat to a Derby fan from that period. Just mention Waghorn, Marriott and Malone. He wasn't nearly as popular there as you might imagine.

At Chelsea they collapsed defensively under Lampard. When he did recruit players, it was often questionable. He was a surprise appointment, largely as a result of his legendary status there, and did worse than his predecessor and his successor. When he left, it wasn't merely a bounce which followed in his wake. It was a sustained, dramatic improvement with the same set of players. Why would we want FL any more than we'd want Solskjaer, based on that? Because he has given younger players a chance (out of necessity) and favours a similar footballing philosophy to BR? Is that enough?

If it weren't for Chelsea firing Lampard, we'd be in the Champions League now. I see no remotely logical reason for wanting to replace a credible manager like BR with someone like that. I mean, if you're seriously suggesting that we take a passable second tier record and a brief, inconclusive PL record as reasons for appointing him, then why wouldn't we simply appoint a manager who'd actually impressed at both levels... and perhaps at clubs with lesser resources? Thomas Frank, Bielsa, Dyche... even Wilder. I wouldn't especially want any of them, though there are more reasons for believing that they would than that Lampard would turn us around.

Even Pearson! There is literally a stronger argument for reappointing him (which certainly isn't something that I'd suggest any time soon) than there is for appointing Lampard. He did extremely well in the second tier, led one of the relegation favourites to mid-table in the PL, and left them with a side that would go on to win the league. How does FL match up to that? (The answer: very badly).

But I don't want to see this happen. And yet a quick comparison of his record and Lampard's is a reminder of just how silly an appointment the latter would be. I do wish that people who lazily float his name actually took a second, with an objective mind, to look at his record and ask whether there's anything resembling a persuasive, logical argument for his appointment.

Really, there isn't.

**** me did Lampard come round and piss on your dinner? I'm not championing him at all or saying he should take over or saying he will succeed. All I'm saying is people calling him useless and bang average etc is too soon, I think he will go on to be a good manager, I'd love to know who you would go for then realistically?

19 hours ago, hejammy said:

Give up fella. Just the comparison with Pep and Lampard cannot happen. It's like comparing Messi with a 15 year old at Bradford City academy with some potential. Why not just say Heskey? He's not had much time as a manager so the jury is still out on him? 

Don't talk so much shite. Although you do fit in well on this forum. I wasn't comparing Lampard to Pep, if you read what I said I was replying to someone with Uncle buck as their avatar who was another Lampard hater judging him on one game where Chelsea lost to us. You can't judge a manager on one game or one loss. Once again I'm not saying Lampard is the saviour, I'm just shocked at the amount of hate for him on here after 2 seasons in management. If people think we are getting Zidane or Ten Hag then they need a reality check, he's the kind we will go for if things don't get better.