Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

If Rodgers goes…who’s next?

52 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

**** me did Lampard come round and piss on your dinner? I'm not championing him at all or saying he should take over or saying he will succeed. All I'm saying is people calling him useless and bang average etc is too soon, I think he will go on to be a good manager, I'd love to know who you would go for then realistically?

Where's Wagner these days?😎

2 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Don't talk so much shite. Although you do fit in well on this forum. I wasn't comparing Lampard to Pep, if you read what I said I was replying to someone with Uncle buck as their avatar who was another Lampard hater judging him on one game where Chelsea lost to us. You can't judge a manager on one game or one loss. Once again I'm not saying Lampard is the saviour, I'm just shocked at the amount of hate for him on here after 2 seasons in management. If people think we are getting Zidane or Ten Hag then they need a reality check, he's the kind we will go for if things don't get better.

OK Frank Snr :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Frank Lampard

Advantages -

will give us media attention

liked in the footballing world and will have decent contacts for players.

will be respected by most young players as he himself has been one of the best there is.

Wouldn't be looking for a huge wage i wouldn't imagine.

Disadvantages -

Still learning the ropes as a manager tactically and i'd imagine as a coach as well.

Isn't a manager who would attract top level players, I can't see them running through brick walls for him.

middle ground with his transfers as some good some bad.

I think I'd be happy to see Lampard come in as long as it wasn't mega money, think the club made a mistake with Rodgers salary

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

What’s all this head wobbling thing you lot keep saying on here? Does it mean you disagree with someone and they should reconsider their opinion? It’s an odd phrase, did @Ric Flair or @StanSP say it once and it just caught on, or is it an actual saying? 

I can't take at all seriously anyone who thinks telling someone to wobble their own head adds any weight whatsoever to their argument. See also "end of".

• Like 2

Pearson is absolutely not the answer.  The players that would have run through brick walls for him have mostly gone, or are in the final throws of their careers.  Most of the players here these days have never played for the bloke so it'd mean nothing to them.  I'd be gutted if we got him back because it could only taint what he did here.

Edited by kristianity77
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

As I've said on another thread - if we get a well known manager or one that has managed in the Premier League before I would be disappointed. Those managers would be at a top club right now if they were any good.

As we have very little realistic chance of getting relegated with this squad and the quality of teams at the bottom, it is a great time to take a chance on a young manager with potential. As a pro outfit we should be scouting managers constantly. We require a manager who is suited to English football, that is one that plays an aggressive high-pressing, high-tempo game.

Possession football will not wash anymore, we have suffered it for the last 2 managers and it has been mostly dull and ineffective. Most goals from open play, us included, come from stretching the defence with quick breaks or winning the ball in the opposition half.

We need a manager who plays common sense football and actually likes the sport. Our last 2 managers have been more interested in themselves than the club.

Any manager at this level has some degree of God complex

8 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Frank Lampard

Advantages -

will give us media attention

liked in the footballing world and will have decent contacts for players.

will be respected by most young players as he himself has been one of the best there is.

Wouldn't be looking for a huge wage i wouldn't imagine.

Disadvantages -

Still learning the ropes as a manager tactically and i'd imagine as a coach as well.

Isn't a manager who would attract top level players, I can't see them running through brick walls for him.

middle ground with his transfers as some good some bad.

I think I'd be happy to see Lampard come in as long as it wasn't mega money, think the club made a mistake with Rodgers salary

There’s no advantages to getting Lampard not one he wouldn’t even be on our list. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

Pearson is absolutely not the answer.  The players that would of run through brick walls for him have mostly gone, or are in the final throws of their careers.  Most of the players here these days have never played for the bloke so it'd mean nothing to them.  I'd be gutted if we got him back because it could only taint what he did here.

Agree with this unfortunately 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

Pearson is absolutely not the answer.  The players that would have run through brick walls for him have mostly gone, or are in the final throws of their careers.  Most of the players here these days have never played for the bloke so it'd mean nothing to them.  I'd be gutted if we got him back because it could only taint what he did here.

A lot of our fans have Nigel Pearson related trauma they need to work through lol

• Like 1

This is the issue for me: Lampard, Postecoglu, Potter - I don't see any of them as the man to take us to the next level. In fact, I don't think any of them are good enough to be our manager.

Ps I love Nigel but he would be an awful choice. Was the right man at the right time before but we've moved on significantly since then.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tielemans63 said:

This is the issue for me: Lampard, Postecoglu, Potter - I don't see any of them as the man to take us to the next level. In fact, I don't think any of them are good enough to be our manager.

Ps I love Nigel but he would be an awful choice. Was the right man at the right time before but we've moved on significantly since then.

if the 4th highest paid gaffer in the EPL is not a good fit - then you will have to move up the rungs for TOP tier manager like Klopp.

I m afraid none of these guys wll consider it a priority.

On 10/12/2021 at 20:06, Ric Flair said:

The dilemma though and I'll put your despicable personal insults to one side is that under Ranieri in the late December when it was evidently clear we were in free fall people would have said he earnt the right to turn it around. Its being able to read between the lines.

Rodgers has been very good here by and large but we are now 10 months in to a huge regression that is getting worse. Defensively we are worse than any Leicester side I have ever watched, dating back to 1991/92. This regime will end nastily and it will be at some point this season, so why prolong it and risk our long term future. He's a good manager but there's been many managers better and worse than his that have hit a slide like this and eventually got the sack and many will do in the future. No hard feelings to Brendan, a new challenge for all parties is needed.

He will be one who likes to look back on his spells and say a club is in better shape than when he joined them but he's precariously close here to that not being the case at all. He's achieved tangible success but that doesn't count for anything in the present or future when measuring the state of the club. We'll forever be grateful for him delivering us thr FA Cup, like we will to Ranieri but neither achievement is worth a dime when your club is busy nosediving towards oblivion.

Teams who concede 2 goals or more a game are only going one way and its not the direction our owners and board will have pictured. 

It's time he went and this next 3 week spell will prove it. We'll be lucky to get 3-6 points, possibly even a single point and it'll surely be game over for the man. He'll be able to tell anyone that wants to listen that he won us an FA Cup and then turned us in to the single worst defensive outfit at set pieces that the Premier League has ever witnessed. 

😂😂😂😂😂🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

32 minutes ago, Shamomoa said:

Rodgers ain't going stfu 😅😂

Much better and I hope Rodgers turns a corner but I’m not going to be completely won over just from that.

I still have big concerns with our set pieces, our recruitment, our injuries and our intensity.

Rodgers and the team got it very right today - I hope they keep it up :scarf: