Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

If Rodgers goes…who’s next?

28 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Haven't won in 10 games. 

Would that be acceptable with Rodgers? 

No, but I'd argue they are a team who have the resources of a team who should be fighting relegation, and he keeps them up and they're easy on the eye. Short termism to say his last 10 games have been bad when dozens before that were pretty good as well, I'd argue. I'm not banging a drum saying let's get him at all costs I just think of realistic options he'd top my list. 

18 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I think Potter is the obvious choice. Plays a similar style with worse players and gets a modicum of success, plus he feels our ‘level’ whereas we constantly seem to chat about and assume Rodgers is slightly above us.

Hasn't won in 10.

Would that be acceptable under Rodgers? 

5 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

No, but I'd argue they are a team who have the resources of a team who should be fighting relegation, and he keeps them up and they're easy on the eye. Short termism to say his last 10 games have been bad when dozens before that were pretty good as well, I'd argue. I'm not banging a drum saying let's get him at all costs I just think of realistic options he'd top my list. 

Tbf, Brighton’s xG over the last two seasons has been top 7/8 in the league, and we have strikers that can score regularly

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Since they have been promoted they have spent the 12th most money out of all Prem teams in that period

They ended last season with 4 wins from 15 league games

So far this season they have beaten: 2 championship teams in the cup (Cardiff, Swansea), 2 newly promoted teams (Watford, Brentford), a relegation battling team (Burnley), and us (with the help of VAR)

They have have drawn a fair few games but they are getting to a point now where they are having to rely on very late goals to get those draws

4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Can't you guys think of anyone else other than Potter, getting bored of the usual merry go round of EPL managers. I want a young exciting manager who has a passion about Leicester and not someone who will see it as a springboard to move on in 2 seasons time

How many young exciting managers can you think of who are likely to have a passion for Leicester? Personally I'd have no problem with somebody coming in for a couple of years, achieving great things with us, then going on to Real Madrid or PSG.

And this is the crux of the issue isn't it.

It's the only reason i've had for not fully wanting Rodgers gone but i'm past caring now tbh, whatever.

The only thing I will say is this style is obviously coming from someone above in the club, so what the point in getting rid, we're still gonna play this insipid shite.

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

The only manager I've seen linked was the Sporting Lisbon guy back in March.

They've invested so much in Rodgers; I don't think they are looking anywhere else and would rather he got things going again.

Its going to be very interesting but realistically come 1st January we very likely will be in the Conference League playoffs, out of the League Cup and 20-22 points from 20 league games. It still might not be bad enough for the owners to act but it will show nearly a whole seasons worth of form that's just over a point a game on average. Any other manager would be walking.

For context Puel got the sack with a similar points total to Rodgers over the last 20+ games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1