Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

If Rodgers goes…who’s next?

“This Sunday, the Executive Chairman of AS Saint-Étienne took the decision to withdraw from Mr. Claude Puel, until further notice, the management of the professional team.“

Puel’s available. We wouldn’t notice the difference but he’d be a damn sight cheaper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Matt said:

“This Sunday, the Executive Chairman of AS Saint-Étienne took the decision to withdraw from Mr. Claude Puel, until further notice, the management of the professional team.“

Puel’s available. We wouldn’t notice the difference but he’d be a damn sight cheaper.

I’m not even gonna put a laughing emoji to this for the simple fact it’s so ****ing true. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

If Rodgers goes I'm pretty certain he will be replaced by Frank Lampard. Do people really want that?

Well basing on his first season at derby and Chelsea he seem to do okay. Gets the best out of young players. His faults however I think was motivating the more well established bigger names at a club. As we seen at Chelsea in the second season. Put it this way I'd take Frank over the likes of Nuno or big Sam.

29 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Well basing on his first season at derby and Chelsea he seem to do okay. Gets the best out of young players. His faults however I think was motivating the more well established bigger names at a club. As we seen at Chelsea in the second season. Put it this way I'd take Frank over the likes of Nuno or big Sam.

Brendan Rodgers is a better manger than Frank will ever be

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Since they have been promoted they have spent the 12th most money out of all Prem teams in that period

They ended last season with 4 wins from 15 league games

So far this season they have beaten: 2 championship teams in the cup (Cardiff, Swansea), 2 newly promoted teams (Watford, Brentford), a relegation battling team (Burnley), and us (with the help of VAR)

They have have drawn a fair few games but they are getting to a point now where they are having to rely on very late goals to get those draws

Net spend is a myth to me, the top teams net spend is often negative, I always use Liverpool selling coutinho for 150m or whatever it was at the time, and suarez for 75m and building an entire squad from the sales. When a team gets promoted they have no or few saleable assets, and they don't want to offload their best players so their net spend will naturally be higher. Yes Brighton are not the best team and Potter is not the best manager in the world, but we aren't going to be able to attract the best managers in the world and we have to be realistic. I would prefer Brendan to turn it around and still hold out hope that he will, but there is no doubt the current trend, especially from set pieces, is a serious cause for concern, 3 clean sheets since Feb I think it is, that's no blip. I think if Brighton had a top class striker they'd be a top half team if not a comfortable mid table team. 4 wins in 15, that's what, 10 in a season, plus say 13+ draws, that's about exactly where you'd expect a team like Brighton to be. I just like their style of play and think Potter would be a good fit for us if we are going to end up looking elsewhere. 

Edited by Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

Errrm....B.Rodgers stays..!!

B.Rodgers, eerrmm remains...

Brendan is our man....

He has this season to turn it around, Iron out Team & his mistakes...

Any other idea is plain daft..!!

If by any chance, we are in shit street come EO january...Top can top him...

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Talk about taking one for the team. Sounds painful.

For those of you with a Graham Potter itch to scratch ...

Are you aware Brighton play, by far, the slowest attacking football in the Premier League?  Much slower than us and the other squads that inch the ball up the pitch with pass after pass.

We've become slower under Rodgers than we were under Puel (the point of the Athletic article a few weeks ago this chart is from).  I don't think this fanbase is ready for a guy whose football makes our current style look like lightning in a bottle.

1881787917_directgraph.PNG.307634d9b16bcf0b02eae4e4261f17b9.PNG

For this we'd have to pay compensation to Brighton -- in addition to eight figures compensation to Rodgers/staff,

Really?

• Like 2