Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

If Rodgers goes…who’s next?

6 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Anyone 

Anyone who plays any type or form of positive and attacking football.

Sick of negative shitty sideways and backwards just to appease those who have been brainwashed by the “this is the way to play football” hype.

Unfortunately I think the latter is the brief given by someone within the club of how they want us to be so I don’t see a lot changing :cry: 

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

Guest Danny Clender

As I look at the vote right now, that's too close to call and I can't see him being sacked. 

There are problems and given time he will fix them, I just wonder at what cost. 

Presently, it reminds of this...

leak-water-leak.gif.46694c12cb887197dff2e97f3a2a06db.gif

Always makes me smile when anyone asks the question if you sack Rodgers who do you bring in any better, truth is as fans we are not aware of the calibre of manager who would want to join the club. 

Too many people believe that Rodgers is the best we can attract, however we are an attractive proposition, we have world class training facilities, wonderful owners, a great playing squad and we are ambitious, all in all that means that other than truly elite managers, we will be a viable option to many up and coming or quality out of work managers. 

I was shocked when we were able to bring Rodgers to the club so have no doubts that the club will have exciting options available should the need arise to make a change. 

On 08/11/2021 at 08:09, Matt said:

Out of interest what was the consensus when there were Puel in v Puel out arguments?

I can’t really remember, it was quite a depressing time which I blanked out due to lack of enthusiasm, think I even took

abit of a hiatus from here during the time - by depressing I mean masked by boredom, frustration and as already mentioned, lack of enthusiasm, very much how I’m feeling now (hyperbole or not).

Were there stand out candidates? Was the point made - who could we get in? Was the pool of candidates low/lacking? Was Brendan perceived as ‘out of our reach’? Or we ‘should be careful what we wish for’?

Ultimately we ended up with Brendan and it seems we are having the same arguments, again, for very much the same reasons.

There are so many parallels that can be drawn and perhaps it’s something the club can look at as it seems this is the direction, the style of play the club have chose to go in which is massively sad to see personally because as I’ve said whoever comes in next I have a horrible feeling will probably have to meet this criteria of playing boring, negative, pOsSeSsIoN BaSeD fOoTbALl on repeat so whatever. :dunno:  :yawn: 

Alot of people quite rightly would like a suggestion of names as replacements, however to those people still supporting or using that as the only reason for keeping Rodgers in a job, i'm yet to have the questions in the quoted post above answered of which i've asked atleast 3 times now.

How many of these threads do we need?  The 300 names already suggested in the earlier ones not enough?

The point is he's not going anywhere anyway unless someone does us a favor and hires him away.  We're not eating that massive contract.

11 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Can’t see Rodgers going just yet but these game this side of Xmas are massive. Martinez would be on the radar I bet.

I'm not convinced by Martinez anymore, great job with Wigan in keeping in the premier league with squad and budget he had plus managing the lift the fa cup in that time. But since I'm not too sure... he got found at Everton where he had better squad and more money. Again at Belgium got some world class players but for some reason come a major tournament they seem to fall short. I think hes manager that struggles under pressure.

32 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I’d give a punt to the chap who runs the local under 7’s team if Brendan doesn’t change things up soon! Utter stubbornness to not learn from mistakes.

That's the problem. If we had a multitude of serious issues i could understand bad results but our problems aren't that deep or complex. Rodgers stubbornness has been the majn factor in our issues since 19/20 this year is its full manifestation if nothing changes 

• Like 1

Can tbelieve people want Lampard, Lampard was crap at Chelsea with 160 trillion pounds, and he made an above average Derby side lose in the Championship play offs. This joker would be a step down. 

His main criticisms at Chelsea before the sack, sideways football and bad defending. 

Sometimes you have to stick by an manager, I don't think other than the defending we have been that bad the last few games. The Villa game was great to watch, they just had better players than us. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Are you joking? Villa are a lower mid table outfit we should be beating, We have better players. But our collective mentality and aggressiveness is not there and that’s down to the manager.

Our Squad isn't that great. We are a lower mid table outfit, certainly this season. 

Our defence is garbage, midfield mediocre and a number of better players injured. 

Villa have a decent squad IMO.

Söyüncü wouldn't be on most teams benches at the moment, same with Kasper. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

Let's not forget that what we are seeing now is nothing new. This is his third consecutive season where a collapse happens which he is totally incapable of fixing. Sometimes, things just don't click and you feel sorry for a manager however this is all his own making. It's the same problems week in week out, The same problems that would have been fixed at a Sunday league team by now. I know there have been wins among the dross served up so far this season, but they really do paper over cracks. 

When was the last time we won and actually played convincingly? 

The only reason Rodgers still has vote of some is because there's no better alternative. Should certain managers become available over night, there's absolutely no way he receives the same vote of confidence.

Our current run of games should really have been the turning point in our season where we can string some results together, gather momentum and climb the table. 

A point against Southampton and 0 against Villa really isn't good enough.

Newcastle (H)

Tottenham (H)

Everton (A)

Man City (A)

Liverpool (H)

Norwich (H)

Burnley (A)

Brighton (H)

Other than a point against Newcaslte and Burnley, maybe 3 against Norwich, where do our points come from?

I think we'll be looking very unhealthy in the league by the middle - end of Feb if not before.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Sometimes you have to stick by an manager, I don't think other than the defending we have been that bad the last few games. The Villa game was great to watch, they just had better players than us. 

Apart from the shooting Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play? 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, NasPb said:

That's the problem. If we had a multitude of serious issues i could understand bad results but our problems aren't that deep or complex. Rodgers stubbornness has been the majn factor in our issues since 19/20 this year is its full manifestation if nothing changes 

Same thing that happened with Liverpool when he managed them. Approx the same time frame too. Dropped from top 6 to mid table.

History repeating. Get rid.

• Like 1