Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

If Rodgers goes…who’s next?

If this run continues he will be sacked. The owners sacked the only manager to ever bring home the premier league title. At the moment as we’re in Europe he is safe, but lose on Thursday and slip into the conference league he will be a dead man walking I think. 

Newcastle could well be a career saving game, drop points in that and it will definitely be curtains for him. In a nutshell I think he has two games to get things back on track, otherwise I can see him then being in tremendous trouble. 

They might not make a move before Christmas, but I can’t see him surviving if we fail to get anything from our next two games. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flappit said:

So out of:
H Newcastle

H Spurs

A Everton

A Man City

H Liverpool

H Norwich

A Burnley

H Brighton

A Liverpool

H West Ham

A Wolves

A Chelsea

You think we will get 15-20 points?  Really? :o Where?

I think optimistically we can get DDLLLWDWLLLL which results in 9 points.  Realistically it'll be LLLLLWLDLLLL with maybe one or two of those L turning into a D if we're lucky (perhaps Newcastle (Eddie Howe now has them playing more confidently), Burnley and Wolves).

I'd genuinely love to hear what kind of results you're expecting to result in a minimum of 15 points from those 12 games. I realise that surprises happen (we may lose at home to Norwich, or may beat Man City away) but they even out. Our form is atrocious and we're getting worse. Go on - give us your optimistic and realistic expectations of those games.

Based on maths, we have averaged 1.26 pts per game over the last 15, so if that carries on, we are looking at picking up 15.2 pts over the next 12 games.

On point per game, we have been better in the last 8 games (11 points at 1.37 points per game) than the first 7 games (8 points at 1.12 points per game), so points-wise, we are not getting worse. 

Also, in the first seven games, we had two problems: not scoring goals only 5 goals at 0.72 goals per game and conceding too many 8 at 1.14 goals per game.

Last 8, we have addressed one of the issues, scoring goals. We have scored 14 goals at 1.75 goals per game. 

So if we can get the defence sorted out, just a little thing can get better.

It would be far worse if we couldn't score. 

We have never lost more than 2 games on the bounce under Rodgers in his time here, even when we have been awful.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Based on maths, we have averaged 1.26 pts per game over the last 15, so if that carries on, we are looking at picking up 15.2 pts over the next 12 games.

On point per game, we have been better in the last 8 games (11 points at 1.37 points per game) than the first 7 games (8 points at 1.12 points per game), so points-wise, we are not getting worse. 

Also, in the first seven games, we had two problems: not scoring goals only 5 goals at 0.72 goals per game and conceding too many 8 at 1.14 goals per game.

Last 8, we have addressed one of the issues, scoring goals. We have scored 14 goals at 1.75 goals per game. 

So if we can get the defence sorted out, just a little thing can get better.

It would be far worse if we couldn't score. 

We have never lost more than 2 games on the bounce under Rodgers in his time here, even when we have been awful.

That's a reasonable way of approaching it, but doesn't take into account who we're playing. Or that our goals conceded per game is creeping up, of course! We have Liverpool twice, Man City, Chelsea and West Ham in that spell. Let alone a rejuvenated Spurs, so that's a tough lot of games to get anything out of. It might happen, of course, but on current form we're in for an utter pasting in some of those. If Salah and Jota continue their run of form, we could be losing 4 or 5 nil. Twice. Anyhow, it's mere hypothesis until it's happened, so we'll see. I do think you're basing your predictions on an out of date model though. We'll see.

• Like 1

Just now, Flappit said:

That's a reasonable way of approaching it, but doesn't take into account who we're playing. Or that our goals conceded per game is creeping up, of course! We have Liverpool twice, Man City, Chelsea and West Ham in that spell. Let alone a rejuvenated Spurs, so that's a tough lot of games to get anything out of. It might happen, of course, but on current form we're in for an utter pasting in some of those. If Salah and Jota continue their run of form, we could be losing 4 or 5 nil. Twice. Anyhow, it's mere hypothesis until it's happened, so we'll see. I do think you're basing your predictions on an out of date model though. We'll see.

We are definitely looking better going forward in the last 8 then the first 7.

I think getting Youri back is going to make difference he seems to be on of the few leaders we have. 

14 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

People who are saying Lampard give your heads a wobble whats he done to make you think he’d do well here 🤷🏼‍♂️ No chance he’d get anywhere near the club.

Aston Villa considered Lampard but went for Gerrad, a wise move for them, he's never been sacked unlike Lampard. Gerrad is young and was a good player with leadership qualities, he really knows how to galvanize a team as shown by Villa's second half display. He didn't change anything just told his players to become more aggressive which resulted in our players couldn't cope and collapsed.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

It was ok, I think people look back with blue tinted glasses a little bit, some of it was good, exciting, some of it hmmm, not so much, on a whole it wasn't bad but I wouldn't say it was all decent and attractive for 18 months but I respect your opinion.

We've still scored 4 or more goals in more games than we have under any other manager in the modern era. It's shit right now but for a good chunk of these 3 years we've been off the scale compared to any era you or I have ever been a fan of, including 2015/16.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Biggest myth going this.

xG had them 5th last season, 4 points off the top 4 (and better than us).

I don’t think there’s really any arguing that they are pretty good at everything except sticking the ball in the net. And they’re certainly a side that is better than the sum of its parts which is more than can be said for us for the last 10 months.

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Aston Villa considered Lampard but went for Gerrad, a wise move for them, he's never been sacked unlike Lampard. Gerrad is young and was a good player with leadership qualities, he really knows how to galvanize a team as shown by Villa's second half display. He didn't change anything just told his players to become more aggressive which resulted in our players couldn't cope and collapsed.

Gerrard is a winner he’ll be a great manager you can just tell straight away, players will run through brick walls for him. You wouldn’t for Lampard who didn’t get Derby up and got sacked from Chelsea. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ttfn said:

xG had them 5th last season, 4 points off the top 4 (and better than us).

I don’t think there’s really any arguing that they are pretty good at everything except sticking the ball in the net. And they’re certainly a side that is better than the sum of its parts which is more than can be said for us for the last 10 months.

A run of 2 wins in 18 last season and currently on a run of 1 win in 10.

Interesting on here when we are doing poorly it's the manager, when Brighton are doing poorly it's the players lol

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Interesting on here when we are doing poorly it's the manager, when Brighton are doing poorly it's the players lol

This is a total non sequitur, nobody is arguing that their results are amazing?

Guest Kopfkino
Just now, coolhandfox said:

Because the stats back it up. If they could stick the ball in the net they’d do much better than they do. 

Nobody underperformed their xG as much as they did last season and there’s currently only 3 teams underperforming it by more. 

On the other hand, nobody even got close to outperforming their xG by more than we did last season and we’re again outperforming it. 

Pretty poor runs and again the manager has to take responsibility for that but you can’t argue that if they had Jamie Vardy, they’d do a lot better than they do.