Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

If Rodgers goes…who’s next?

12 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Because the stats back it up. If they could stick the ball in the net they’d do much better than they do. 

Nobody underperformed their xG as much as they did last season and there’s currently only 3 teams underperforming it by more. 

On the other hand, nobody even got close to outperforming their xG by more than we did last season and we’re again outperforming it. 

Pretty poor runs and again the manager has to take responsibility for that but you can’t argue that if they had Jamie Vardy, they’d do a lot better than they do.

Bit like saying if our players could head away a set piece?

Don't we say on here that it poor that Rodgers hasn't address the set pieces issue.

Couldn't you say the same about Potter not addressing their striker issue?

34 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

not really Maupay has missed some big chances that would have won them games

28 minutes ago, ttfn said:

xG had them 5th last season, 4 points off the top 4 (and better than us).

I don’t think there’s really any arguing that they are pretty good at everything except sticking the ball in the net. And they’re certainly a side that is better than the sum of its parts which is more than can be said for us for the last 10 months.

It seriously isn't as simple as just needing a goalscorer. I'd say their play is actually quite limited that they are still relying on just a striker. Teams worth their salt have goals from all over and yet its easy to watch them knock it about OK and think they're close to being a good side. They aren't, they about as good at winning football matches as Mick Philpott is looking after his plethora of kids.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Guy said:

In a way our situation very much mirrors Arsenal's last season and earlier this one under Arteta - re them going on a downhill slump for most of, if not all of last season after winning the FA Cup at the end the previous "re-start season" under Arteta a year before we did. Now we're the FA Cup holders just like Arsenal were last season and look how they finished! - outside European qualification of any kind for the first time in eons, much like how we're likely to end up this season! So the question is can Brendan turn it around in the same way Arteta has (at least for the time being) for Arsenal I guess?!

I think he can. Also don't forget we've had a run of injuries to key players. That was bound to have had big impact. All said though, I'm shocked at our defensive frailties. They're like bloody statues at defending corners, we can't carry on like that. Something has to change.

• Like 1

Guest Danny Clender
14 hours ago, Flappit said:

Realistically it'll be LLLLLWLDLLLL with maybe one or two of those L turning into a D if we're lucky

:o not looking forward to this stretch, let's hope we're lucky. 

6 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Ten Hag has said he'd like to manage elsewhere which sounds like he's making himself available for q move to the right club.

Too bad we're not the right club (as far as he's concerned).  No chance.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Ten Hag has said he'd like to manage elsewhere which sounds like he's making himself available for q move to the right club.

Man Utd are looking for a long term manager and now Ten Haag wants to manage elsewhere. What a coincidence. 

• Like 1

Big Sam or Ole - I would take either.  Both would quadruple the traffic on Match day threads and there would be in/out polls posted after every match. FT needs livening up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Too bad we're not the right club (as far as he's concerned).  No chance.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

He’d be happy with the money - just not this club …..

While I agree it's probably the United Job he's after, You never know if you don't ask the Question.

He may not like all the rubbish that goes along with Utd and we have better training facilities. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

While I agree it's probably the United Job he's after, You never know if you don't ask the Question.

He may not like all the rubbish that goes along with Utd and we have better training facilities. 

If he reads FT - no chance.

• Haha 1

Despite our recent success the club's ability to go and attract a top class manager is questionable. If we looked at appointments under King Power:

Sousa - disaster

Sven - poor

Pearson - re appointed when he should have never been fired

Claudio - applied himself

Shakespeare - promoted from caretaker

Puel - probably good overall but didn't feel like it at the time

Rodgers - great

The next appointment whenever it comes is so so important. 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Despite our recent success the club's ability to go and attract a top class manager is questionable. If we looked at appointments under King Power:

Sousa - disaster

Sven - poor

Rodgers - great

:nigel:

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Sousa - disaster

Sven - poor

Rodgers - great

Yep. I've said this all along. People talk about "backing" but backing works only with the right manager. Sven had all the backing he could ask for in the Championship and could never even get into the top 6.

We were lucky that Pearson had manager here before, and wanted to come back, otherwise I believe we'd still be in the Championship now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

Christophe Galtier,

He created a team filled with no names, fallen stars and semi retired players and end up beaten PSG to win the title last season.

Great tactician,  awesome motivator and a humble man.

Yes, I agree and like the sound of him too but would he be interested?

• Like 1