Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

If Rodgers goes…who’s next?

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

Yes, I agree and like the sound of him too but would he be interested?

That's why you pay to Football agents, reputable middle men and use every necessary external resources available.

If Messi left Barca and playing for the PSG, anything possible in today's football world.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

Diego Martinez.

Got Granada promoted in his first season there and they finished 7th in their first season back up in La Liga.

Took them to the quarters of the Europa League (Knocked out Napoli) where they lost to Man United as well as the Copa Del Rey 1/4s.

Verein & Funktion Appointed In charge until Days in charge Matches W D L Players used ø-Goals PPM
Granada CF Granada CF
Manager
18/19 (Jul 1, 2018)  20/21 (Jun 30, 2021)  1095 Days 146 69 30 47 58 1.38 : 1.14 1.62
CA Osasuna CA Osasuna
Manager
17/18 (Jul 1, 2017)  17/18 (Jun 30, 2018)  364 Days 44 17 16 11 27 1.07 : 0.84 1.52
Sevilla Atlético Sevilla Atl.
Manager
14/15 (Jul 1, 2014)  16/17 (Jun 30, 2017)  1095 Days 124 43 48 33 52 1.22 : 1.03 1.43

I wasn't sure if he speaks English, he does and it looks like he's angling for a move here. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/nov/29/diego-martinez-i-saw-english-football-and-i-had-to-experience-it

More background on him and their style of play. 7th and 9th placed finishes with the lowest wage budget in the league, given that some on here think wage budget is almost 100% deterministic that's good news.

https://breakingthelines.com/manager-analysis/diego-martinez-the-messiah-of-granada/

Much prefer the availability of foreign managers with no pl experience than those with it. Garcia, Farve and Diego Martinez are much better options than Lampard, Potter and Frank. Also atm they are readily available. If/when Rodgers does go that is where I’d be looking. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

Diego Martinez.

Got Granada promoted in his first season there and they finished 7th in their first season back up in La Liga.

Took them to the quarters of the Europa League (Knocked out Napoli) where they lost to Man United as well as the Copa Del Rey 1/4s.

Verein & Funktion Appointed In charge until Days in charge Matches W D L Players used ø-Goals PPM
Granada CF Granada CF
Manager
18/19 (Jul 1, 2018)  20/21 (Jun 30, 2021)  1095 Days 146 69 30 47 58 1.38 : 1.14 1.62
CA Osasuna CA Osasuna
Manager
17/18 (Jul 1, 2017)  17/18 (Jun 30, 2018)  364 Days 44 17 16 11 27 1.07 : 0.84 1.52
Manager
14/15 (Jul 1, 2014)  16/17 (Jun 30, 2017)  1095 Days 124 43 48 33 52 1.22 : 1.03 1.43

I wasn't sure if he speaks English, he does and it looks like he's angling for a move here. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/nov/29/diego-martinez-i-saw-english-football-and-i-had-to-experience-it

More background on him and their style of play. 7th and 9th placed finishes with the lowest wage budget in the league, given that some on here think wage budget is almost 100% deterministic that's good news.

https://breakingthelines.com/manager-analysis/diego-martinez-the-messiah-of-granada/

This is a great suggestion, top work.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

This is a great suggestion, top work.

Social media says that he wants a managerial job in the EPL. Leeds want him when Biesla goes next summer so they are probably talking to him now. Another possibility is Southampton if they get rid of Hasenhuttl, they normally go for a young up and coming foreign coach. Or Everton if they sack Benitez

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

29 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Social media says that he wants a managerial job in the EPL. Leeds want him when Biesla goes next summer so they are probably talking to him now. Another possibility is Southampton if they get rid of Hasenhuttl, they normally go for a young up and coming foreign coach. Or Everton if they sack Benitez

Best get in quick then 😁

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Would anyone take Jose? Not sure we could afford him anyway. But do you feel Jose could leave Roma and return to Premier League with Leicester or do you believe Jose is on downward rather than upwards.

Unless Top secretly hates the club and wants to unravel all the good work as quickly as possible, I doubt Mourinho would even register an idea.

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Would anyone take Jose? Not sure we could afford him anyway. But do you feel Jose could leave Roma and return to Premier League with Leicester or do you believe Jose is on downward rather than upwards.

...he has now become a journey man!!!

He is making his living from clubs with owners looking to use him as a feature to attract supporters, sell more merchandise and court publicity. He very much has one way of playing, which is no longer successful and he is unable to change his style to the way the game is now played.

We should stay away from any notion of bringing him here as very soon we would have to offload him and having to start all over again in bringing in someone new.

Like managers such as MON and unfortunately  Pearson, the game has moved on, and they are unable to adapt to what is now the new normal. 

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he has now become a journey man!!!

He is making his living from clubs with owners looking to use him as a feature to attract supporters, sell more merchandise and court publicity. He very much has one way of playing, which is no longer successful and he is unable to change his style to the way the game is now played.

We should stay away from any notion of bringing him here as very soon we would have to offload him and having to start all over again in bringing in someone new.

Like managers such as MON and unfortunately  Pearson, the game has moved on, and they are unable to adapt to what is now the new normal. 

Hmmmm, sounds familiar, there are a few managers that applies to in the current era…

It perhaps says more about the state of the game now than anything else.

Edited by Matt

Had my first look at Ruben Amorim and his Sporting side last night against Ajax. Quite impressive despite the result. Play the right way and has a huge faith in youth. 

We’ve obviously been linked a few times before, but I think his release clause is supposedly huge. I’m also sceptical about how well Portuguese managers tend to get on in this country - apart from the big obvious one.  

I’m still Team Potter.

Well the "mode du jour" seems to be German Managers, but I don't know the Bundesliga that well to suggest anyone from there!  The Young Boys coach Gerardo Seoane would be a good shout, he's swiss so he'll speak German and will go on to probably manage in the Bundesliga one day.  This is as close as I can get for a German Bundesliga manager.

For as long as he was able to keep us in top 6, the argument would be who can we bring in that can do better, and that was a one sided argument as realistically it would be almost no one.

However when this question is asked now, we are no longer top 6, we have bottom 3 defending statistics, and the players seem to have lost belief.  So in effect the standards for replacement when the time come's are lower and he is now easier to replace, also we not a footballing giant so we unlikely to recruit a manager with a proven CV, however that doesnt mean no other managers can achieve top 6 finishes and/or cup wins.

There was a period when the likes of klopp, pep, jose etc. were up and coming managers.

I expect it may be when the time comes we might need an interim manager like puel again to steady the ship, then the one after would kick on again.

Edited by Chrysalis

On 08/12/2021 at 09:46, Le Renard said:

Well the "mode du jour" seems to be German Managers, but I don't know the Bundesliga that well to suggest anyone from there!  The Young Boys coach Gerardo Seoane would be a good shout, he's swiss so he'll speak German and will go on to probably manage in the Bundesliga one day.  This is as close as I can get for a German Bundesliga manager.

He's at Bayer Leverkusen now

On 07/12/2021 at 12:04, Stadt said:

Diego Martinez.

Granada CF Granada CF
Manager
CA Osasuna CA Osasuna
Manager
Manager

https://breakingthelines.com/manager-analysis/diego-martinez-the-messiah-of-granada

Get Diego Martinez before Leeds get him in the Summer when Biesla leaves