Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Napoli (A) Thurs 9th Dec 5:45pm - Pre-match Thread

Must win for Rodgers if he wants to keep his job. 

Don't think owners would persist with keeping him (as well as several more fans) if we're out of Europe, faltering in the league and only have the 2 domestic cups to play for. 

Disregarding that, I hope we win anyway because it'll be great to win away at the biggest club in the group. It'll be great for the players and Rodgers anyway aside from the job pressure. 

Said a few times this season that we need to go on a run of wins and now it's no different again. A bloody clean sheet would be a good starting point lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Haha, if we can keep the score down that would be ideal. 5 or 6-0 to Napoli…. 

What are the permutations? If we lose is that pretty much curtains? 

We can lose and still go through if Legia and Spartak draw.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Haha, if we can keep the score down that would be ideal. 5 or 6-0 to Napoli…. 

What are the permutations? If we lose is that pretty much curtains? 

If we lose we need a draw between Spartak and Legia to go through

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Must win for Rodgers if he wants to keep his job. 

Don't think owners would persist with keeping him (as well as several more fans) if we're out of Europe, faltering in the league and only have the 2 domestic cups to play for. 

Disregarding that, I hope we win anyway because it'll be great to win away at the biggest club in the group. It'll be great for the players and Rodgers anyway aside from the job pressure. 

Said a few times this season that we need to go on a run of wins and now it's no different again. A bloody clean sheet would be a good starting point lol

They won't get rid of him, not until it is borderline relegation bad, he's got too much piss and wind in his favour in their eyes. Bowled over by him. 

Napoli having to deal with quite a few big injuries now and their form is starting to drop a bit, just 1 win in their last 6

Expected to be missing: Koulibaly, Manolas, Anguissa, Fabian, Insigne, Osimhen

Anguissa is the only one that may be eligible for this match

Napoli switched to a back 5 in their last game against Atalanta to try and mitigate losing Koulibaly but their defence still looked quite poor

Could be a fair few goals in this as I have no doubt both sides will score

I'm getting to the point where the inevitability of conceding pathetic set piece goals and playing sh1t football is diminishing my interest in caring whether we win this game or not!...

and even if we do go through it's merely to lose in a future round!

There's some seriously good teams coming into the competition via the Champions League.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I'm getting to the point where the inevitability of conceding pathetic set piece goals and playing sh1t football is diminishing my interest in caring whether we win this game or not!...

There's some seriously good teams coming into the competition via the Champions League.

Be better off dropping down to the Conference League....more chance of doing something in that...until we lose inevitably to Spuds

7 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Bizarre as it sounds, l obviously want us to win every game, but to also concede from set pieces, purely to force something to change & to stop every game being so boring & predictable. Whether it’s ditching the zonal marking, a change to the defensive coach/personnel, l don’t care. Rodgers needs to stop trotting out the same shite after each defeat & do what he’s paid handsomely to do & sort it out. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Be like a carry on film

'Carry on staying on your goal line' starring Kasper Schmeical.

'Carry on believing you're a Top Manager' starring Brendan Rodgers

'Carry on stealing a living as a Professional footballer' starring Ayoze Perez.

'Carry on being crap week after week' starring Caglar Soyuncu.

• Haha 1