Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Napoli (A) Thurs 9th Dec 5:45pm - Pre-match Thread

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Without wishing to speculate (well I am)  does that suggest no double vaccination and therefore has to isolate every time he’s identified as a close contact of another player ? 

The Omicron variant infects fully-vaccinated people...

Thankfully, thus far the symptoms have been mostly mild - and even moreso for the fully-vaccinated.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Without wishing to speculate (well I am)  does that suggest no double vaccination and therefore has to isolate every time he’s identified as a close contact of another player ? 

Already mooted the last time I think 

of course it could simply be that he gets ill when someone comes down with covid ….

but it will likely be what you’re thinking ( wasn’t vester ‘ill’ a few weeks ago aswell ?) 

3 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Thankfully, thus far the symptoms have been mostly mild - and even moreso for the fully-vaccinated.

The point being that he was supposedly ill a few weeks ago when someone was rumoured to have covid. 

you can only avoid isolation if you’re double jabbed …….

• Like 1

I read an American study about the vaccine side effects and athletes. Apparently there is one of the jabs that can cause myocarditis (heart inflammation) and as athletes hearts are highly stressed already workload wise I can see why some would not want this. 

Not pro or anti vax personally just a possible reason why they have come down with this. 

33 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

If so, apart from being totally unprofessional, he's a bit of a twat. 

38 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

All variants have the potential to do that- the delta variant more so than previous variants but the Omicron appears to be more virulent than even the delta

Would be fascinated to know why Jethro Maswanhise has gone from training loads with the 1st team and Rodgers raving about him, to having a good pre-season and Rodgers say he's not quite ready yet but will be in the U23's and around the first team and him be our top scorer and assister in the U23's but seemingly stop training with the 1st team and doesn't get included in Europe when our squad is decimated and we have no back up wingers.

Wanya Marca seems to have gone from being heavily involved to now disappearing when we're an ACM down as well. 

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Spurs game has been called off due to COVID cases.

Wonder what that means for our games against Napoli and Newcastle.

can't see it affecting our games?

It's been called off due to several cases across their squad. We've only got a few out in comparison.