Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Napoli (A) Thurs 9th Dec 5:45pm - Pre-match Thread

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

This is going to be the reality for the next couple of months with this new covid variant. It'll rip through clubs.

Kaizer Chiefs in South Africa got 31 cases, Belenenses 17 cases, Spurs 8 cases, Munster Rugby got 14 in South Africa too.

Spurs game in the Europa Conference billed for tomorrow has been postponed because of this...

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Allotmentox said:

am i correct in thinking any Leicester city club trained player under the age of 21 does not have to be in the Europa  League  squad to play tomorrow ?

Yes but they do have to be in Italy.

42 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I actually think him and Daka link up pretty well!

i can't remember Barnes not playing an obvious pass to Daka but they've been moaning about him on the Mercury page for days now!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Worrying times. I wonder how many other clubs are in the same position. Just hope all players get through it ok. 

One of the reasons I didn’t travel was the pre flight home PCR test. I had booked the Rome/Naples coach trip. Planned to stay in Rome for four days.

In fact, two of my mates flew home from after four nights in Lapland on Sunday. Landed in the UK, had the tests, both families all positive! If they had flown home Tuesday, they would have had to test in Finland and isolate over there for 10 days. 

Everybody over there, please be extra careful. 

So true...... Good to see you the other day Chris at the Conny Club.

( It's Colum)

• Like 1

If any of our players are unavailable because they have to isolate (due to not being jabbed), could the club refuse to pay them ?  They aren’t ill but have technically made themselves unavailable through personal  choice ?? 

and to add what @BoyJonesmentioned - it seems bertrand’s form dropped off a cliff after his infection. We can’t afford for any players to be any worse than they already are ! 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, blueharmie said:

I read an American study about the vaccine side effects and athletes. Apparently there is one of the jabs that can cause myocarditis (heart inflammation) and as athletes hearts are highly stressed already workload wise I can see why some would not want this. 

Not pro or anti vax personally just a possible reason why they have come down with this. 

The impact of Covid likely to be far worse. Myocarditis is a very rare side effect indeed like all of them, other than minor issues like aching arms etc. Healthy athletes' hearts will be in fine fettle. So not an argument on the balance of evidence. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

Kasper

Castagne - Evans - Soyuncu

Albrighton - Ndidi - Youri - Thomas

Madders - Barnes

Vardy

If they are fit or not ill tomorrow.

If we play that system with those players we'll get beat, you cannot play Albrighton and Thomas as wingbacks, unless we plan on parking the bus with a back 5 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

Kasper

Castagne - Evans - Soyuncu

Albrighton - Ndidi - Youri - Thomas

Madders - Barnes

Vardy

If they are fit or not ill tomorrow.

Did you not previously watch Castagne as a centre half? He was so poor the tv pundits showed his god awful stats at half time, he was absolutely gash! Better to leave him out the team altogether than play him there he's a liability. Why go 3 at the back, have we not learned anything?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Kasper

Castagne   Evans   Soyuncu   Thomas

Ndidi

Albrighton  Tielemens Maddison   Barnes

Vardy

That will do me, in to these fcukers EARLY. Might need a 3 goal head start this time around to get the point we need though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1