Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Napoli (A) Thurs 9th Dec 5:45pm - Pre-match Thread

36 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Ok two things. Firstly for those who don't know, if we win the gruloup we are through. If we come 2nd we have a play off against those who finished 3rd in  their champions league group. If we come 3rd, we go into a play off against those who came 2nd in their Europa conference league group, for a place in the conference league last 16.

Secondly. We will never have a better chance of beating Napoli. They still have good players like Mertens and Politano but they are missing all their best players and we have Youri back. We should be going here as favourites and winning simple as that.

We’ve not beaten a side from a top league away from home in a European competition in our entire history. 

A win tonight will be up there with the Sevilla victory for me.

I don’t know why but I fancy us to do it. Keep it tight and then hit them late on. :barnes:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I have no faith in this team. I'm usually reasonably optimistic but I'm on a downer. I can see us losing tonight and on Sunday. The veterans amongst us will recognise that familiar whiff about it. Sorry. 

I agree entirely. There is a certain air of inevitability surrounding tonight - much like the run up to the Ashes. It's very difficult to muster up any enthusiasm. 

Edited by Line-X

I’d started to build up a bit of hope for this. Some siege mentality in the squad and Napoli being eight out. A crowd of 10k expected. 

We are shite away from home in Europe. The three countries we’ve won in are Northern Ireland, Belgium and Greece 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’d started to build up a bit of hope for this. Some siege mentality in the squad and Napoli being eight out. A crowd of 10k expected. 

We are shite away from home in Europe. The three countries we’ve won in are Northern Ireland, Belgium and Greece 

A draw will do! 

25 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I have no faith in this team. I'm usually reasonably optimistic but I'm on a downer. I can see us losing tonight and on Sunday. The veterans amongst us will recognise that familiar whiff about it. Sorry. 

Sadly I’ve also succumbed to this negative mindset - the December malaise is back at the club 

19 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You have forgotten Moscow....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Zambian Facebook fans in shambles

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

They'll let us down. I expect much of the same

Whatever happens tonight (unless we get absolutely hammered) it isn’t tonight where we’ve failed, it’s the away game in Warsaw and the home game against Spartak. 4 points from those 2 games would have been a fairly disappointing return, getting 1 has left us in a serious mess. 

Meh..

Shouldn't feel that way..

But with the way we've been performing I do.

Like many on here I just think we'll be dished up the same old crap.

2-0 defeat.. both conceded from set pieces.

... nothing is going to change until we get a change of Manager and coaching staff.

• Like 1

Going to get humiliated, drop out of the competition and have to play in that piece of shit conference league. 

BR in Europe is a complete stain on the game of football.

The games we've lost in this group can only be put down as a pathetic failure. 

Leicester win

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, when_you're_smiling said:

We’ve not beaten a side from a top league away from home in a European competition in our entire history. 

A win tonight will be up there with the Sevilla victory for me.

I don’t know why but I fancy us to do it. Keep it tight and then hit them late on. :barnes:

Sevilla aren't a big team. It was like beating West Ham or Villa. 

Tonight is only our second ever 'tier 2' opponent, the other being Atletico. Everyone else we've played have been bums, though I kinda like we've played Spartak, AEK and Red Star -  names that have a bit of je ne sais quoi

We've had the BR in or out poll, can someone put one up asking which fanbase in the EPL has the most fickle unsupportive fans?

I look forward to the comments about being entitled to an opinion, being entitled to be disappointed and entitled to not get behind , encourage and support the team going through a rough patch.

Yes correct you are entitled WTG.

Being frustrated and disappointed is understandable,  come on though some of the extreme comments, get a grip!

Without reading the thread which 7 players are out?

Seven Leicester City players have not travelled to Italy for Thursday's final Europa League group stage game against Napoli.

Players are unavailable because of a combination of positive Covid-19 tests as well as some feeling "unwell".

Three members of the backroom staff have also not made the trip.

"We have had some positive cases and some people who are not well so we haven't taken the risk," boss Brendan Rodgers said.

"We will have seven [players] unavailable. It's been the last few days really, you're starting to see a few more cases. It's about the health of our players and we have to respect the travel, coming into Italy.

"We still have a strong squad here, but unfortunately not a fully-fit squad."

Rodgers confirmed midfielder Youri Tielemans and defender Ryan Bertrand are available for selection following their injuries.

Leicester, who are currently top of Group C in the Europa League with eight points from five games, will qualify for the last 16 if they beat Napoli.

"It's one we're very comfortable on, knowing it's in our own hands," Rodgers added.

"If we win, we top the group, if we don't lose we qualify. The key is to be positive in our mindset and try to win the game. They are an excellent team but we played really well against them at home."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59587170