Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Napoli (A) Thurs 9th Dec 5:45pm - Pre-match Thread

2 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Basically what I'm hoping for is spurs to be banned for a long time if the game is not played tonight

It's been postponed so there is no "if"

Also Spurs don't get to choose to postpone it by themselves so how could they ever get banned? 

We need energy in the side for this.

Barnes          Daka       Albrighton 

KDH       Ndidi   Maddison

Thomas  Soyuncu  Evans Castagne 

Ward

Midblock, look to counter quickly with Barnes’ and Daka’s speed. If they play 343 hopefully KDH and Maddison can find space in between the lines.

If we’re too deep we’ll just fold like we always do under any sustained pressure. Rrahmani is 6’3 CB and had scored twice already this season so he’s a decent value bet for an anytime goalscorer

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Collymore said:

It's been postponed so there is no "if"

Also Spurs don't get to choose to postpone it by themselves so how could they ever get banned? 

EUFA have the overall say on postponed games I believe  so if spurs have gone and postponed with say the clubs doctor opinion or whoever's say so then that entitles EUFA to act accordingly.

14 minutes ago, Stadt said:

100% they're suspect at the back especially with their losses and so are we, we can't rely on a low block. 

Atalanta beat them by getting at them with a high energy press and throwing bodies forward. That's the blueprint. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

EUFA have the overall say on postponed games I believe  so if spurs have gone and postponed with say the clubs doctor opinion or whoever's say so then that entitles EUFA to act accordingly.

UEFA announced the postponement as well

28 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Barnes          Daka       Albrighton 

KDH       Ndidi   Maddison

Thomas  Soyuncu  Evans Castagne 

Ward

Midblock, look to counter quickly with Barnes’ and Daka’s speed. If they play 343 hopefully KDH and Maddison can find space in between the lines.

If we’re too deep we’ll just fold like we always do under any sustained pressure. Rrahmani is 6’3 CB and had scored twice already this season so he’s a decent value bet for an anytime goalscorer

Albrighton and energy in the same sentence?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

does this illustrate that we also have members of the backroom staff who aren’t double jabbed and therefore also unable to do their jobs ??.

What’s it got to do with being double jabbed or not you 🤡

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Not sure who's sanctioned the spurs match being called off but it's not UEFA. If it is called off then vitesse will be furious as spurs will know exactly what they need to do in the replayed game v rennes. Totally unfair and is the exact reason why the last group games are played at the same time. 

What is the number of illnesses that qualifies a game to be called off? Think I read somewhere that if a team has 13 fit players, including a goalie, then the game must go ahead.

8 from 25 leaves spurs with 17 fit players according to my maths. Should go ahead especially as they are home with no travelling required.

Basically what I'm hoping for is spurs to be banned for a long time if the game is not played tonight.

I heard on the radio this morning that all group fixtures must be decided by 31st December, Spurs fixture list until then reads:

Brighton - 12th (Probably postponed) 

Leicester - 16th 

Liverpool - 19th

West Ham - 22nd (EFL Cup)

Palace - 26th 

Southampton - 28th 

Where do they even get the fixture in? 

1 minute ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

But they will be investigating why spurs called it off

"Discussions are ongoing with Uefa. We shall provide a further update on this fixture in due course," the club said.

Uefa said on Thursday it will look at the issues that led to Tottenham stating that the game will not take place.

European football's governing body must determine the fitness of Tottenham's squad, plus the extent of the health guidance offered before making a ruling.

Uefa's rules state that if clubs have 13 fit players on their A list, including a goalkeeper, they must play.

Just now, Haywood_6 said:

Low expectations for this game. Hard to see a positive outcome coming out of it when we're so error prone.

Am I the only one confident for this? I feel like it will be one of those games where things just click and we put in a complete performance. Then we get held to a 1-1 draw on Sunday in a dreadful game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I heard on the radio this morning that all group fixtures must be decided by 31st December, Spurs fixture list until then reads:

Brighton - 12th (Probably postponed) 

Leicester - 16th 

Liverpool - 19th

West Ham - 22nd (EFL Cup)

Palace - 26th 

Southampton - 28th 

Where do they even get the fixture in? 

Look at Liverpool’s last season then there’s your answer 

14 minutes ago, Kuredufox said:

Albrighton and energy in the same sentence?

He’s not the most dynamic on the ball but he brings energy and tenacity. Perez is energetic but is dispossessed too often to make it count 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Am I the only one confident for this? I feel like it will be one of those games where things just click and we put in a complete performance. Then we get held to a 1-1 draw on Sunday in a dreadful game.

I think Napoli are equally as subject as us to a poor performance at the mo. And I don’t think they particularly care 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

100% they're suspect at the back especially with their losses and so are we, we can't rely on a low block. 

Atalanta beat them by getting at them with a high energy press and throwing bodies forward. That's the blueprint. 

100% agree however I can see a frantic start from us then a very pragmatic approach until we concede and are forced to go for it (and be completely ineffective). 

11 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Heard nothing but bad things about Naples yet they’ve been nothing but warm and welcoming. 

Naples is a nice place. Good people. Pretty in places. Fans can be a bit handy but I think things will be good.