Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Napoli (A) Thurs 9th Dec 5:45pm - Pre-match Thread

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Was feeling somewhat chipper about this until I've found out a certain someone is starting at left back / LCB tonight and now I feel sick.

Bahahahaha

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Reckon It could be?:

Schmeichel

Soyuncu Evans Bertrand

Albrighton Ndidi Tielemans Castagne

Maddison

Vardy Daka

Hes not dropping Barnes after Sunday surely?

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Playing Bertrand in this is just effing madness, if Thomas is fit then unforgivable too.

Probably the one player who should be capable of playing all the time, is it possible that both play and Bertand is LCB?

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Playing Bertrand in this is just effing madness, if Thomas is fit then unforgivable too.

Also as I said somewhere else earlier this week, it is important for our backline to remain the same so that we can get used to it and eventually they will get better (you would hope).

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Be bold to switch to a back 3.

Can’t really play 433 unless we start Marc on the right, or play someone else out of position there. So it wouldn’t surprise me. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

6 minutes ago, coolcol said:

Can't see anywhere that the team has been announced yet ?

They haven’t publicly. But some people working in the industry (and journalism) can see them earlier and sometimes leak stuff. In the premier league it’s at least half an hour before public release. As I understand it there is some portal the lineups are uploaded to earlier in the day and lots of organisations have access. Some of the people with that access love the attention so tell their mates/post stuff on twitter. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Am I the only one confident for this? I feel like it will be one of those games where things just click and we put in a complete performance. Then we get held to a 1-1 draw on Sunday in a dreadful game.

I'd take your optimism and that result, would be great to make the last 32, lets have a Europa League run!!  Either that or Tirana for the Conference final!!

Guest Col city fan

I did think we might spring an upset but I’ve changed my mind tbh

Going to Italy on a Thursday night with a decimated squad…

We’ll be lucky to get anything out of this game

At the very least I hope we give them a good game and they have to work hard for the win. And not be all over by 30 minutes. 

Not too disappointed if we lose because I think our best bet of having some European success this season is by going into the conference league but still would like a big european night we can remember. 

I think we will fall short, even if we play well. 3-1 defeat.