Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Napoli (A) Thurs 9th Dec 5:45pm - Pre-match Thread

4 hours ago, Nannypig7 said:

No Osimhen, Koulibaly and Insigne 

54E83382-7198-4583-AE7D-219299F0F30F.png

Ospina

Di Lorenzo Manolas Jesus

Malcuit Zielinski Lobotka Rui 

Lozano Mertens Ounas

Maybe something like that? Not sure really. Not really kept up with Serie A this season.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Ospina

Di Lorenzo Manolas Jesus

Malcuit Zielinski Lobotka Rui 

Lozano Mertens Ounas

Maybe something like that? Not sure really. Not really kept up with Serie A this season.

Lobotka isn't in that list, Meret has started the EL games in goal so far and Rrahmani has played most games. 

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Schmeichel

Timmy Evans Cags Bertrand

Wilf Youri

Albrighton Maddison Barnes

Vardy

Throwing Youri straight back in and playing Evans again feels like a Rodgers move.

I likes it. Apart from Bertrand. but it's a choice between the devil and deep blue sea at LB right now. 

Woild still rather go 4321 diamond and get Hamza or kdh to share some if the world in midfield and/or act as a filler for when the full backs (well castagne ayways) bomb forward 

2 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Am I right in thinking that if we finish second, we have to play an extra 2 games (against a CL drop out) ?

Where as if we finish 1st, we skip them 2 games and go straight into the last 16?

That's right, yeah.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Am I right in thinking that if we finish second, we have to play an extra 2 games (against a CL drop out) ?

Where as if we finish 1st, we skip them 2 games and go straight into the last 16?

It never ceases to amaze me why it has taken so long for this to sink in for so many.

1 minute ago, Raj said:

If we finish 3rd we are in some Mickey mouse inter toto cup type thing???

Rather be 4th...

We can't finish 4th.

blnt255qnh481.png?width=547&auto=webp&s=

It's actually worse than just dropping into the Conference league. As far as I know we have to play a play-off game with the teams that finish 2nd in their conference league groups.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

We can't finish 4th.

It's actually worse than just dropping into the Conference league. As far as I know we have to play a play-off game with the teams that finish 2nd in their conference league groups.

Some of the opposition though would see us rest a few injuries permitting 

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

We can't finish 4th.

yeah hard pass on that 😅

Gotta love how UEFA are wilfully making things more and more complicated for no apparent reason. There's no real reason for the Conference League to even exist, people don't even care much for the Europa League, as fun as it can be to be in. As the predicted 10k attendance tonight shows.

25 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We can't finish 4th.

Feck the conference  league.

Let's finish top and stop messing around.

We are Leicester, we have to fight.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Every time we play in Athens or Portugal or Ukraine or wherever, we slowly build up our profile in places that, frankly, barely have heard of us. Kinda a soft diplomacy.

I think we're overplaying the "soft".  But point taken