Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Napoli (A) Thurs 9th Dec 5:45pm - Pre-match Thread

18 minutes ago, Poiseuille said:

Team I’d play, assuming returning players are fit and tactically given an extended break at the weekend in preparation for this big game:

Ward

Ricardo

Amartey

Vestegaard

Bertrand

Ndidi

Youri

Albrighton

Maddison

Barnes

Vardy 

Complete overhaul in defence, including keeper, needs be done. Not a fan of Vestegaard but…he’s big? And might be able to defend a corner, maybe….

3/6 changes for rest of outfield players, strongest midfield 3, and maybe Marc can provide some solution to our RW issue. 

We really need our backline to be consistent every match to build some confidence and a flow. They need to get comfortable with each other. Only change one at a time if we can (e.g. once Ricardo is fit, slot him in for Castagne).

4 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I actually think we will be in this tie. Hoping we can sneak a draw. Maybe Napoli haven't figured us out...

It doesn't matter if they haven't figured us out. At some point they will cross the ball into our penalty area and we all know what happens then! With the crowd fully behind them I wouldn't expect us to be able to beat their under 12s right now.

2 hours ago, enmac said:

Napoli have 7 injured /sick players including Insigne and Osihnem. 

Thank god for that. If they only play 4 players we might just have a chance. Would still concede from a set piece though.

Sadly I expect them to replace their injured/ill players

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ward

Castagne

Evans

Nelson

Thomas

Braybrooke

Tielemans / KDH

Maswanhise

Maddison

Barnes

Vardy

Sorry Ric, that team wouldn't beat Scunthorpe. I can see Dan coming in and reverting to a back three. We are going to get pinned right back so Daka and Barnes on the break might keep us in it.

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

You giving up on Europe?

Interesting point.

1. Do we give up on Europe and improve our league position.

2.  Go all in for Europe Glory and settle for avoiding relegation this season.

All the games coming so quickly are draining everything from us.  The players need a break to recharge themselves.

Given where we are and how we're playing I'd go I think I'd prefer option 2. And go for Euro glory.

17 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Dreading this, what's the point of playing if you can't defend basic bread and butter football?

- They might have a very very very off night.

- Rodgers may start Vardy, Iheanacho, Maddison and Tielemans and Napoli will need six to win.

- Someone in Nigeria may send Ndidi the lucky Shooting Boots he left there, way back when.

- Medical science may find a way to transplant part of Evans’ brain into Soyuncu.

- FIFA may declare set pieces to be against the laws of the game.

- It might be our last European night for a while, so we go in guns blazing dammit !!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Interesting point.

1. Do we give up on Europe and improve our league position.

2.  Go all in for Europe Glory and settle for avoiding relegation this season.

All the games coming so quickly are draining everything from us.  The players need a break to recharge themselves.

Given where we are and how we're playing I'd go I think I'd prefer option 2. And go for Euro glory.

Think improving our league position is hopeless unless we get Europa league or more which looks increasingly unlikely, certainly don’t think a reduction of fixtures is the fix to this current form. 

got to give European football all our best energy, it is our best chance for me and I certainly don’t think we’ll be close to the relegation battle but who knows 

My last Choice before the Doors of Winter hell and discontent opens...OR

The 11 Horses of the Acopolyse, that rides into the Glorious hell of the k.o. Stages of the Euros league..

Ward.

Castagna    Amartey Soyuncu.   Thomas

Tielemans.  KDH

Maddison

Nacho       Barnes

Daka

We have picked always the obvious, Now for something completely different....

Vardy is Not dropped, But Benched for rotation needs...League campaign

If Ricardo fit, then he comes in for Castagna ,Castagna then replaces Thomas..

Neither Ndidi Nor Soumare have brought stability to that DM position this season....Lets do something different..

Schmeichel needs a time-out,  He is still my no1.

I am still tempted to bring in Albrighton as a FB..

Our squad & all potential selections/formations, are not that bad...If the Team can First Cut out these obvious Basic mistakes,

Someone chosen to be  on the post at corners, a CB Not waiting But prepared to attack the ball.

goalkeeper willing to come Off his line, with purpose but controlled > basics Really <

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Think improving our league position is hopeless unless we get Europa league or more which looks increasingly unlikely, certainly don’t think a reduction of fixtures is the fix to this current form. 

got to give European football all our best energy, it is our best chance for me and I certainly don’t think we’ll be close to the relegation battle but who knows 

I don't think we have a squad big enough or strong enough to compete on both fronts, especially with injuries thrown in.

For that reason I'd concentrate our efforts on success in Europe and give it a real go.

I know we can't ignore our league position completely but we should have enough to stay away from relegation while giving Europe a real go. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Napoli have 8 first team players missing, all key players. We absolutely should be winning this game.

Depends how much of a siege mentality they can have instilled, but yes, we should get what we need, please…..

This isn't as unwinnable as people think it is. They've hit the buffers lately.

That said, we've been a joke and literally everybody we play carves through us with ease. These are too good going forward to not see us off I think.

I'll say 2-1 loss. Actually think we'll finish 3rd behind them and Spartak Moscow.

20 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

They won't get rid of him, not until it is borderline relegation bad, he's got too much piss and wind in his favour in their eyes. Bowled over by him. 

...you would have thought that at the time we picked him up they would have seen it as a coup!!!

The subsequent result have been damaging but in order to progress they would be looking and going bigger.

If we could pick up Amorin, we could have no qualms about what the club is prepared to do for us.