Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Napoli (A) Thurs 9th Dec 5:45pm - Pre-match Thread

Napoli made 4 subs in their game on Saturday and Atalanta made 5. How is it fair for a different league to allow their teams to have up to 5 subs when they’re about to play in a European competition a few days later against a team who have only 3 subs allowed?! 

That definitely gives them an unfair advantage. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

My last Choice before the Doors of Winter hell and discontent opens...OR

The 11 Horses of the Acopolyse, that rides into the Glorious hell of the k.o. Stages of the Euros league..

Ward.

Castagna    Amartey Soyuncu.   Thomas

Tielemans.  KDH

Maddison

Nacho       Barnes

Daka

We have picked always the obvious, Now for something completely different....

Vardy is Not dropped, But Benched for rotation needs...League campaign

If Ricardo fit, then he comes in for Castagna ,Castagna then replaces Thomas..

Neither Ndidi Nor Soumare have brought stability to that DM position this season....Lets do something different..

Schmeichel needs a time-out,  He is still my no1.

I am still tempted to bring in Albrighton as a FB..

Our squad & all potential selections/formations, are not that bad...If the Team can First Cut out these obvious Basic mistakes,

Someone chosen to be  on the post at corners, a CB Not waiting But prepared to attack the ball.

goalkeeper willing to come Off his line, with purpose but controlled > basics Really <

Castagna?  Are you hungry and he looks tasty or sumat? :D 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Kasper

Ricardo (if properly fit)

Amartey 

Evans

Syoncu

Thomas

N’didi

Tilemans (if fit please god)

Maddison

Vardy

Nacho

Subs - Ward, Vestergaard, Castagne,Soumare, KDH, Daka, Barnes 

Surely Ward starts with his supposed injury

17 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Napoli made 4 subs in their game on Saturday and Atalanta made 5. How is it fair for a different league to allow their teams to have up to 5 subs when they’re about to play in a European competition a few days later against a team who have only 3 subs allowed?! 

That definitely gives them an unfair advantage. 

Is this a serious point ?

the premier league rules are not uefa’s problem ……

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Is this a serious point ?

the premier league rules are not uefa’s problem ……

Should the top 5 leagues be allowed to make decisions that directly affect UEFA completions? When we had additional subs over the last few seasons I was under the impression that it was down to COVID and therefore all leagues had the same rules. You can’t deny that being able to change half of your outfield team doesn’t give you an advantage, surely? An advantage that then impacts us as we’re only allowed 3. I’m actually shocked that you’re questioning my post like it’s that outrageous a point to make. 

Edited by Jakemoore
  • Like 2

Just now, LFox99 said:

Genuinely think we might take this as a chance to try out Ward for a game or two to see if he can do something differently on set pieces.

Brendan won’t drop Kasper. He’s our captain and has enough credit in the bank that he can get away with some dodgy games. Whether or not he should is a different debate. I just don’t think he will. Obviously if he’s injured then fair enough. 

11 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Should the top 5 leagues be allowed to make decisions that directly affect UEFA completions? When we had additional subs over the last few seasons I was under the impression that it was down to COVID and therefore all leagues had the same rules. You can’t deny that being able to change half of your outfield team doesn’t give you an advantage, surely? An advantage that then impacts us as we’re only allowed 3. I’m actually shocked that you’re questioning my post like it’s that outrageous a point to make. 

the premier league is out of step with every other league in Europe.  If we have made a decision which affects our ability to compete in Europe I think the Europeans will not feel too bad about exploiting it.  Asking them to make changes is ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

the premier league is out of step with every other league in Europe.  If we have made a decision which affects our ability to compete in Europe I think the Europeans will not feel too bad about exploiting it.  Asking them to make changes is ridiculous. 

So because the premier league clubs have more money they can’t have as many subs? Seems unfair. The reason we don’t have 5 subs in our league is because the difference between those with hugely talented squads and the likes of Norwich is absolutely massive. But I still think it’s unfair to be paying a team who will be much fresher than us as a result. 

1 hour ago, Jakemoore said:

Kasper

Ricardo (if properly fit)

Amartey 

Evans

Syoncu

Thomas

N’didi

Tilemans (if fit please god)

Maddison

Vardy

Nacho

Subs - Ward, Vestergaard, Castagne,Soumare, KDH, Daka, Barnes 

....we have moved from a back three!!!

We do not want to go there for no good reason, it is a four and that is how  we will  play in the future. 

Looking forward to Thursday, pretty much a game where our season will be decided. We either turn up and are emphatic or we slink out of there in shame.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Looking forward to Thursday, pretty much a game where our season will be decided. We either turn up and are emphatic or we slink out of there in shame.

Expecting a mediocre draw now then...

Guest Danny Clender

Schmeichel 

Castagne Amartey Evans Soyuncu Thomas 

Soumare Ndidi KDH

Maddison

Daka

I'd plan for a real grind of a game, I can't see why we have to attack the game too much, think they need the win more than we do. 

Counter, sub-counter, post-counter, counter-counter, low block counter, high block counter, deep press counter, high press counter, triple pivot counter. 

I think the travelling fans should plan to enjoy Naples more than the game. 

8 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

So because the premier league clubs have more money they can’t have as many subs? Seems unfair. The reason we don’t have 5 subs in our league is because the difference between those with hugely talented squads and the likes of Norwich is absolutely massive. But I still think it’s unfair to be paying a team who will be much fresher than us as a result. 

You’ve answered your own question 

more reasons why the big clubs are annoyed they can’t get the five sub rule through here

trying to have your cake and then eat it with the permission of someone who doesn’t have a cake a nice as yours  ………  not sure what you expect Uefa to do to indulge the PL clubs …..

1 hour ago, Danny Clender said:

Schmeichel 

Castagne Amartey Evans Soyuncu Thomas 

Soumare Ndidi KDH

Maddison

Daka

I'd plan for a real grind of a game, I can't see why we have to attack the game too much, think they need the win more than we do. 

Counter, sub-counter, post-counter, counter-counter, low block counter, high block counter, deep press counter, high press counter, triple pivot counter. 

I think the travelling fans should plan to enjoy Naples more than the game. 

We have no wing backs, we're even worse in a 3 at the back. If we could just sort set peices out we'd be greatly improved. There's no excuse now for the latter, Rodgers needs to pull his finger out. If we can't afford to replace Rodgers himself then we certainly could some of the coaching staff possibly starting with Toure. If he was a defender and can't improve them then there's no point in keeping him. It's so well publicised now that really, Rodgers needs to receive a right royal kick up the arse and asked what he's doing with his time. He doesn't need any more players buying to defend a corner, that's down to him and lack of organisation.

Changing back to three is really not going to help, at least with the 4 for the last few games we've been scoring and making chances as well as conceding. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

Brendan won’t drop Kasper. He’s our captain and has enough credit in the bank that he can get away with some dodgy games. Whether or not he should is a different debate. I just don’t think he will. Obviously if he’s injured then fair enough. 

Kasper has used his credit  up.

He will be able to play into his forties... but when dies he stop being out no 1