Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Napoli (A) Thurs 9th Dec 5:45pm - Pre-match Thread

Guest Danny Clender
1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

We have no wing backs, we're even worse in a 3 at the back.

It's not a back 3, it's a back 5 in a 'bus' system, there are no wing-backs, it's a back 5 that doesn't move far away the penalty area, it may even be considered a back 6 if I instruct Ndidi to not move beyond his first quarter. 

We have the referee who did the Champions League Final between Man City and Chelsea

Referee: Antonio Miguel Mateu Lahoz (ESP) 
Assistant Referee 1: Pau Cebrián Devis (ESP)
Assistant Referee 2: Roberto Díaz Pérez Del Palomar (ESP)
Fourth Official: José Luis Munuera Montero (ESP) 

Video Assistant Referee: Juan Martínez Munuera (ESP)

Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Willy Delajod (FRA) 

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

We have the referee who did the Champions League Final between Man City and Chelsea

Referee: Antonio Miguel Mateu Lahoz (ESP) 
Assistant Referee 1: Pau Cebrián Devis (ESP)
Assistant Referee 2: Roberto Díaz Pérez Del Palomar (ESP)
Fourth Official: José Luis Munuera Montero (ESP) 

Video Assistant Referee: Juan Martínez Munuera (ESP)

Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Willy Delajod (FRA) 

He's a pain in the ass though his decision making ain't the worst. Very annoying 

5 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

It's not a back 3, it's a back 5 in a 'bus' system, there are no wing-backs, it's a back 5 that doesn't move far away the penalty area, it may even be considered a back 6 if I instruct Ndidi to not move beyond his first quarter. 

In that case I propose an 8 1 1 instead (just in case we can break away 🤣

Kasper (because he isn’t getting dropped)

Ricardo (if fit)

Jannick

Evans

Castagne

Ndidi

Youri

Barnes

Maddison

Mark Kevin ****ing Albrighton 

Vardy.

8 key players missing for Nippley, let’s shag this lot senseless get some confidence back… then win the EL along with the PL, the FA cup The league cup, The Johnson’s paint trophy, the milk cup and the World Cup. All in one season. 

• Like 1

No idea on fitness, but maybe some fresh faces and right back to basic defending for set plays. Men on the posts and the good headers mark their good headers and go from there. Got to be easier than marking a patch of grass or there to stand in the way as a "blocker." 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

No idea on fitness, but maybe some fresh faces and right back to basic defending for set plays. Men on the posts and the good headers mark their good headers and go from there. Got to be easier than marking a patch of grass or there to stand in the way as a "blocker." 

Sorry, I'm not clear what these are? Some form of alien lifeform from another planet? 

• Like 1

Just now, PhillippaT said:

I think I just accept that we're pretty cwap atm and expect to lose everything, and then be surprised if/when we win :P 

Yep. Not sure about the Napoli game but genuinely reckon we're getting turned over by Newcastle and Everton. Then we'll probably go beat Liverpool in the Carabao.

The thing with form is, it can change at any moment. We’ve seen it both ways, we know we’ve got the players to go to Naples and win, especially if Youri is back fit and ready to start.

Maddison is looking sharp and Wilfs defensive work is still up there with the best. 
With those 3 flying and Vardy/Daka scoring we are a match for anyone. 
I’m going for a 2-0 win here, Daka at the double!

Doesn’t matter. We’re getting battered. We’ll be flatter than a pizza cooked under a lava flow. In years to come archaeologists will look back at our performance and conclude that we fielded a team of statues from Pompeii. It’s going to be truly horrendous. 

Getting difficult now to maintain this level of negativity, but if it helps I will do my best. 

We are shit though - and with a team capable of top 6. Weird. 

• Haha 1